Rock Band 4

Yoshimax

1 minute ago, beenabadbunny said:

It's definitely horrendously opaque for a newcomer. 

I'm five- or gold-starring everything on Expert so I'm sure it's not a lack of quality at this end. 

Just found this on Reddit:

For LP, it’s like a “Mini” Spotlight if you will. You play a song and your crews highest score for that instrument will be posted on the weekly leaderboard. You only compete against crews in your tier for this leaderboard and you can only get a max 20,000 LP per song. For example, if you get 1st on guitar, that’s 10,000 LP so getting first on a song with two different instruments will get you max LP for that one song.

So is it simply that @mr twig is better at guitar than me, and so is consistently placing higher up the per-song LP leaderboards? 

It gets pretty hardcore at the top. A lot of the time I'll FC a song on Expert and still only come in 11th, or whatever (because you may have hit 100% of the notes but there would have been a better Overdrive multiplier path). 

My main tip for gathering LP is to stick to your DLC songs, and as well as that the less popular ones. The less competition you have for that leaderboard the more likely you are to be awarded high LP essentially. I always start a new week's challenge by sorting my songs by source and going through my DLC first. 

No just the weekly rivals songs with R beside them. I would suggest when you're doing rivals that you do so from within rivals part of the game so that you only see the available songs, but it'll also show you which songs have already been played by crew members which if you then play will earn extra xp. 

Only your best score on each song counts so don't worry about that. Just keep in mind that in the last week of this current challenge each crew is playing like mad to achieve bloodstone and that's what's dropping us down rather than anything we are doing wrong. 

Going by your pics I would explain that by other crews beating some of our individual song scores on individual instruments therefore our overall score decreases as the LP score drops. I might score 10000 on a song at the start of a weeks challenge but may only have a score of 1000 by the end of the week as people beat my score. 

On 20/10/2020 at 20:44, beenabadbunny said:

Hopefully Ryanski or MrTwig or Munty Cakes can explain how it works. I'm still in the dark .

XP is based on playing loads of songs forever, nothing else matters.

LP is given at the end of each week, by being the best you can be in that week at each particular song on an individual instrument.

Spotlight scores are bullshit unless you're a virtuoso elite bastard, because it turns out that Americans care a lot about being the best, don't know where that mindset comes from.

I mean I don't know if I'm elite but I think I did FC two out of three spotlight songs on guitar and all three of them on bass. (Can you actually view that stuff after the season ends, or is it gone?)

My calculated 'skill' level isn't as high as yours yet @mr twig... but I'll get back up there :D

3 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

I mean I don't know if I'm elite but I think I did FC two out of three spotlight songs on guitar and all three of them on bass. (Can you actually view that stuff after the season ends, or is it gone?)

My calculated 'skill' level isn't as high as yours yet @mr twig... but I'll get back up there :D

Bring. It. On.

11 hours ago, mr twig said:

XP is based on playing loads of songs forever, nothing else matters.

LP is given at the end of each week, by being the best you can be in that week at each particular song on an individual instrument.

Spotlight scores are bullshit unless you're a virtuoso elite bastard, because it turns out that Americans care a lot about being the best, don't know where that mindset comes from.

This sounds an awful lot like mediocre players like myself may as well not bother :(

https://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/indulge-in-rock-band-rivals-season-19

Season 19 preview.

Spoiler

INDULGE IN ROCK BAND RIVALS SEASON 19

Hey friends,

The weather is getting chillier with the holidays fast approaching, so let’s see this year in Rivals out in an exciting way.

Rock Band Rivals is entering Season 19 next week – October 29th – after only a 1-week break. We didn’t want to stay away for too long. Looking back on it, 2020 has been a long and tumultuous year for most, if not all of us. We’ve had to learn to be kinder to ourselves, allow ourselves simple pleasures to get by, and stay in contact in new ways while strengthening bonds like never before. All of this heavy stuff is to say, we think everyone deserves a treat. For each week of Season 19, we’re indulging in a different flavor of music – and ice cream.

Ice cream trucks may have made their last rounds of the season, but our flavorful challenges are sticking around.

We wanted to offer the gift of DLC for everyone’s (or, at least most of everyone’s) particular tastes in Season 19 to leave Rivals players with something to smile about at the end of this year. Week 1 of “Churn & Burn” falls eerily within the spookiest holiday of them all – Halloween! Stay safe and distanced from the ghosts and ghouls, turn down the lights, put on your costume just for fun and crack open a pint of rich, creamy, Brownie BAT-ter to play this upcoming spooky, heavy, rockin’ challenge. But don’t blow out your vocal cords so soon, and if you do, you might need to soothe them with the following week’s fantastic flavor.

This season’s rewards feature these vibrant, fun t-shirts. Hot dogs, astronaut wolves, pugs, pizza, sea creatures, and an eagle fighting with a terrifying cephalopod? I want some of these in my IRL wardrobe.

We’re not getting too ahead of ourselves here, but we do want to mention that we’re trying something new and different with Season 20. Do you have a set of rewards in mind that you wish you could get another crack at? Do you wish you could receive the whole set of rewards you may have missed out on – from Season 0 up until now? Well, here’s your chance.

In Season 20, we’re looking to give you that redemption. We have a survey for you to fill out, tell us which rewards you’re missing the most, what season themes you loved the most, and which challenges were your favorite over the 4 – going on 5 (another 5th birthday?!?), years of Rivals. Season 20 will be planned with your thoughts in mind, and we want to hear them. Click here to fill out the survey. We’re going to have some incredible new rewards for you in 2021, but this will be your chance to turn back time for a bit.

For now - treat yo’ self, grab as many scoops and toppings as you can handle and hang onto this sugar rush with us. Enjoy Season 19.

Sugar, spice, and everything Bloodstone,

Katey & The Rock Band Team

887145086_Seaosn19.thumb.png.f827ba4fc3208e4dc21f6f9ff48c6905.png

4 minutes ago, ryanski said:

:seanr: Death On two legs killed the clamp for my snare, I used to have 3 spares but now they're all dead. Not looking forward to the task of finding another if Ion clamps aren't standard size with other drum sets. 

When I was looking at brains for the Ion Rocker  aeons ago the actual frame and drums seemed to be a universal thing, I think it's just the Xbox/PS module that's not a standard thing. @beenabadbunny will probably know for sure.

7 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

When I was looking at brains for the Ion Rocker  aeons ago the actual frame and drums seemed to be a universal thing, I think it's just the Xbox/PS module that's not a standard thing. @beenabadbunny will probably know for sure.

@ryanski show us a few photos and I’ll see if I can link you to something that’ll work.

8 hours ago, ryanski said:

Yes there's room for yourself and one more. 

Ordered the clamp in hopes that it's a standard fit. 

Cool, will give me something to aim towards other than mindless quickplay, how do I join again? Was in it waaaaaay back when Rivals launched but not messed with clans since :D