rllmuk
Yoshimax

Rock Band 4

Says it should work in that article linked above. :)

It will also be compatible with all previously released instruments, even if originally bought for Guitar Hero. Like the game's downloadable content, they'll only work within the same platform family, so an Xbox 360 guitar will work on Xbox One, for example.

I never really expected them to get cross platform DLC working, so no big surprise there. So that's a Bone purchase confirmed sometime this year. Can't wait!

Says it should work in that article linked above. :)

I never really expected them to get cross platform DLC working, so no big surprise there. So that's a Bone purchase confirmed sometime this year. Can't wait!

It's a really surreal thing that, based on my extensive DLC library and existing instruments, the most cost effective move is to buy an xbox one. But, if that's what I need to do... :omg:

• Upvote 1

I really hope that *all* previously released instruments includes the midi pro adaptor. I'm sure I read somewhere that wired controllers are harder than wireless as it'll be wireless dongle based for both platforms.

It's a really surreal thing that, based on my extensive DLC library and existing instruments, the most cost effective move is to buy an xbox one. But, if that's what I need to do... :omg:

I also don't have faith in Sony to actually get that DLC up on the store. They've been fucking about Rocksmith users with their legacy DLC for months now.

I also don't have faith in Sony to actually get that DLC up on the store. They've been fucking about Rocksmith users with their legacy DLC for months now.

Oh really? I wish Sony would surprise us all by doing something properly. Just one time.

And I just discussed this concept with my partner. I think I'm going to add up all the RB DLC on my Xbox account history, just out of curiosity.

It feels like I spent... £200 on RB DLC? Will report back with the facts.

I'm still buying RB DLC on 360 now. Bought a track the other day, will likely buy more this week. I really don't see RB4 getting in the way of all the stuff on my 360. The customs at the very least (a couple of hundred or so) are worth keeping the 360 around for.

It's a shame though. I'll probably stop short of buying things again on the PS4 other than the odd track, I would've thought.

I've spent well over a grand on Rock Band over the years. Its insane when you think about it that way.

Despite my £200 estimate, I wouldn't be surprised if the total figure including hardware is closer to £1k. Crikey.

One thing they've yet to discuss openly is whether or not RB3 exporting will happen. It'd be a shame to lose 83 tracks from the collection.

Someone from Harmonix said "stay tuned" to a Facebook comment asking this very thing. Wouldn't surprise me if a RB3 export was revealed at E3, or if they're working out the details for it now.

As I recall, actually, the RB2 export process wasn't revealed until RB3 was almost released. I'm sure it'll come. Be a shame to miss out on some fantastic tracks.

RB2 did use a code in the manual though as proof of purchase, which I don't recall seeing in RB3. Then again, it never really stopped RB1 exports from happening.

As long as it makes it in, I'm happy. A Rock Band without The Power of Love is no Rock Band at all.

• Upvote 1

RB2 did use a code in the manual though as proof of purchase, which I don't recall seeing in RB3. Then again, it never really stopped RB1 exports from happening.

There is a code on the back of the RB3 manual, I was ineffectually typing it into every 'redeem code' box I could find last night.

What about those people who bought RB3 off the store? How will that work?

Digital license so they'll know. The "export code" is basically a way of copying the license from disc.

Frustratingly, Xbox account history doesn't go back far enough to total all the RB DLC. might manually check through on the Xbox and use current pricing, though. I'm curious now.

Add me to the "buying an Xbox One just for Rock Band 4" camp. I've spent so much on the 360 on DLC over the years that it's by far the best option. Not to mention all the disc exports.

Will wait and see the price and quality of new instruments before deciding whether to get a new set or get an adaptor and use my battered old set.

Either way - expensive Christmas. But still: :omg:

I'm an Xbox 360-to-PS4 person (because I kind of lost faith in Microsoft and the Xbox brand, and I felt like a change, and there were PS4 games I wanted to play).

I knew this was coming... I've got a ton or Rock Band on my Xbox 360, what a dilemma.

All the individual song DLC should be available to buy in the DLC store like always... so I wouldn't have minded re-buying a selection of my DLC favourites.

However, the main sticking point is the RB1, RB2, Lego and Green Day tracks. It sounds like the ONLY way to have those songs in RB4 is the license exports on your previous console. That's too much to lose if you're starting from scratch. Some of the all-time best Rock Band tracks were in those games. I would hope they find some way of turning RB1, RB2, Lego and Green Day into DLC megapacks, or at least make sure most of their tracks make their way to individual DLC.

Even if they do that, I'd have to calculate which is cheaper: the total cost of that DLC, or an Xbone? Do I love playing the plastic guitar enough to buy an entire current-gen games console for it? Just for the convenience of having all my music on one machine?

The licences on the exports are going to end eventually, some already have. Green Day being one of them, so I can't see them re-licencing them, sadly.

And the answer to your question is yes, yes you do. :)

Digital license so they'll know. The "export code" is basically a way of copying the license from disc.

In which case I may have a spare code from the physical release as I own both (Bought the physical copy on release and the digital copy in a sale just to stop me having the game in the discussion drive). If it does recognise my digital copy, then someone else can have my physical code of they want it. This is 360 btw.

I imported Rock Band originally (from that guy on this very forum) for the PS3 and always felt a bit of regret that I didn't have it on my 'main' machine. But it's paying dividends now. DIVIDENDS!

I'm so stupidly pumped for this despite the fact it looks like basically the same game I've been playing for 8 years. I'm getting the distinct impression it's not going to match the extravagant excess of number 3 with the lack of pro guitar and keyboards and so may struggle to top that as The Greatest Game of all Time. But I'm hoping there are some nice surprises and new touches waiting round the corner.

NEW ROCK BAND! :omg:

However, the main sticking point is the RB1, RB2, Lego and Green Day tracks. It sounds like the ONLY way to have those songs in RB4 is the license exports on your previous console.

Green Day was released separately as individual DLC songs and packs towards the end of the regular DLC, so that's one. However, they'll have to relicence the whole lot and set them up as downloads for the next generation machines, so I suspect they'll also make them available as DLC where possible.

Even if they do that, I'd have to calculate which is cheaper: the total cost of that DLC, or an Xbone? Do I love playing the plastic guitar enough to buy an entire current-gen games console for it? Just for the convenience of having all my music on one machine?

Don't forget the cost of at least one instrument in order to play it. Instruments will only be carried forward to the same product family, so you're talking about maybe £120+ to rebuy a guitar and drums for the PS4 if you weren't thinking about replacing it all anyway.

With the Xbox One currently sitting at £299 and quite likely to be had for cheaper in a deal between now and release, you're looking at rebuying about 120 songs before the Xbox One becomes the cost effective option.

I suppose then it depends on how much you want to rebuy.

I imported Rock Band originally (from that guy on this very forum) for the PS3 and always felt a bit of regret that I didn't have it on my 'main' machine. But it's paying dividends now. DIVIDENDS!

I'm so stupidly pumped for this despite the fact it looks like basically the same game I've been playing for 8 years. I'm getting the distinct impression it's not going to match the extravagant excess of number 3 with the lack of pro guitar and keyboards and so may struggle to top that as The Greatest Game of all Time. But I'm hoping there are some nice surprises and new touches waiting round the corner.

NEW ROCK BAND! :omg:

I imported the PS3 version via the forum as well, and at the time it was my sole reason for buying a PS3. I'll now be buying myself a PS4 just so I can play this.

I do wonder if I'll need an NTSC copy in order to keep my existing DLC though, I seem to remember that being region-locked even though the games aren't.