rllmuk
Yoshimax

Rock Band 4

You know, it's Any Way You Want It that I was thinking of.

Hey, they share some of the same words, so it's an easy mistake to make! The same was true of that song by The Replacements... I think it was called Hier Kommt Alex Chilton?

• Upvote 2

New feature announced - Gigs.

“A gig is a new structure that we’ve put into Rock Band 4 to sort of capture the feeling of a live performance,” Lead Designer Chris Foster told IGN. It’s also an incredible way to have an extra layer of fun, or cause tension with, the people you’re playing with.

voting-720x405.jpg

“They need to be really fun to play,” Foster said. “Particularly as the crowd is reacting. So, you’ll do your crowd work as a vocalist, the band will play a couple of songs, and then you’ll take another break. And in those breaks, you’ll be able to do a lot of voting. In some cases, there’ll be a set list that is predefined, like in previous Rock Bands. But in other cases, you’ll – as a band – be able to vote on a setlist.”
“It becomes a really interesting collaborative and competitive experience, as you’ll have people say what they want and what they absolutely don’t want,” Foster said. “It’s fun, because when you’re beat-matching, it’s tunnel vision; you’re focused on your instrument, you’re barely aware of other people if they’re falling out or if you can save them. But the moments between songs, we’re able to come up with these other game experiences, and they can be really fun.”

Gameplay reveal on the 15th too guys! I would assume we'll see the first few songs off the set list too.

• Upvote 3

I guess it'll be cool to have bits where each band member is on their own? Then it kicks into a full blown everyone playing at the same time. I think my only issue with Rock Band is that compared to GH you lose the high score look at me and how great I am side of things. This could be a cool way to bring that back in AND add to the feel of being a whole band playing together.

Sounds cool, if I'm getting it right?

That's a good spread of songs to kick off with. Nothing I'd personally go nuts about but it's a statement that says we've got lots of stuff covered. 'Lazaretto' is the pick for me. I like that track but love some of the rest of the album so I'm hype for the thought of future Jack White DLC.

I'd love to see them branch out for some non-standard rock on future reveals. I know the clue is in the title but the more diverse they are the better as far as I'm concerned.

When a few complaints came in about there being non-rock songs in previous games and DLC, Harmonix stated that the titular "rock band" refers to the four-piece setup, not the genre of music played. A handwave, basically, to say that if a song is fun and can be made to work in the format, it's up for consideration.

As it should be.

• Upvote 1

Looks like more Rock Band, which is no bad thing. Changing difficulty on the fly will be useful for when I pick a song that's pretty playable on high difficulties apart from about five seconds of one solo :P

IGN have some details about the career mode - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/05/26/rock-band-4s-campaign-is-a-straight-up-rpg-ign-first

Rock Band 4’s campaign is all about touring the world, amassing fans, and selling out -- if you’re into that sort of thing. This is the first time we’re seeing meaningful narrative choices in a Rock Band game, and the direction you take your band dictates the shows you’ll play, the places you’ll visit, the gear you unlock, and the money you earn.