rllmuk
Yoshimax

Rock Band 4

Thinking of bands that have emerged since Rock Band 3, I think White Denim would be absolutely fucking ideal.

EDIT: Seems like they've been around longer than I thought. Point still stands though.

• Upvote 1

So...anyway apart from all the gripes, what's the one song you're most hoping they include in RB4?

Mine, that's easy as I'm a drummer - Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin, just so I can play that bonham hi-hat solo.

National Express - The Divine Comedy

• Upvote 3

Yeah. I loved the keyboard, and spent a lot of time on it, but it's a pain in the "party" setting because no-one actually likes using it as a keytar, meaning sorting a table out and so on.

If you're playing pro keys quite a lot of it would be close to impossible in the keytar position

Back when the games were popular I always wished they'd made a "British" Rock Band spinoff: 50 or 60 tracks from British bands across the decades. So basically more British stuff.

• Upvote 1

Thinking of bands that have emerged since Rock Band 3, I think White Denim would be absolutely fucking ideal.

EDIT: Seems like they've been around longer than I thought. Point still stands though.

Love White Denim.

I'd like a load of Metronomy, Jeffrey Lewis & The Junkyard and many more that will never make it.

Back when the games were popular I always wished they'd made a "British" Rock Band spinoff: 50 or 60 tracks from British bands across the decades. So basically more British stuff.

Hear hear! Madness, The Police, The Jam, loads of 90s indie/Britpop...

• Upvote 1

I thought the same the other day when I heard 'Animal Nitrate'. And then today I heard 'Heroine'. I would love some Suede on Rock Band. And Pulp. And both of Supergrass's first two albums. And 'OK Computer'. And everything else I used to listen to in the 90s. Especially all of the jungle and drum n bass.

• Upvote 2

Anything Zepplin...They have become more open to licencing out their tunes in recent years so maybe it's a goer

That'd be sweet. Imagine coming out of the gate with #it's been a long time since I rock and rolled..!#

Could make for a smashingly appropriate TV advert. :)

• Upvote 1

Gameplay reveal on May 15th:

Rock 'n' roll never dies, as Rock Band 4 looks to prove. The thrilling four-player band-simulation experience is returning for the new console generation, smarter and prettier. Join us all month long as we debut the game's biggest new features, its first batch of confirmed songs, its upgraded instruments, and much more.

And while the entire month will be full of hard-rockin' awesomeness, you'll want to particularly mark your calendar for Friday, May 15 at 12pm PT/3pm ET/8pm GMT/6am AEST (Thursday) for our one-hour world gameplay reveal of Rock Band 4, live with Harmonix in our studio.

IGN

• Upvote 6

Another article up on IGN, this time about why Rock Band 4 might be the last music game you'll ever need. Included is (the first I think?) batch of screenshots. So no great departure from past games it would seem. Same art style, just that bit more detail and the key colours appear to be the same we saw in the Beatles Rock Band.

vocalistbluealtjpg-8e4ab2_610w.jpg

"New drum additions include counting in your band when you’re ready to begin the song."

:omg:

Harmonies are confirmed, too. Even for previously released songs!

For singers, Harmonix hopes that Rock Band 4 will be the best karaoke game ever made. Not only will the vocal harmonies added in The Beatles: Rock Band return, but a dedicated group of the Rock Band fan community have gone back and authored harmonies for every previous song and handed it over to Harmonix. For free.
  • Upvote 1