Yoshimax

Rock Band 4

Anybody know of a viable alternative to the twin rocker for using 2 pedals? Mine died last week and replacing the battery didn’t bring it back. I did get a roadie rocker some time ago free with a pedal but it’s never worked since the day I got it. 

BB814C64-3AD4-4938-952A-EADD57858454.jpeg

You can just use two pedals now with the second port on the drum kit, can't you?  My son was experimenting with that a while back, I think they patched it in at some point.  Unless the twin rocker gives you some additional functionality I'm not aware of.

• Upvote 1

Ooh, that's okay, isn't it?  I love Still Into You, and I can imagine Maneater will be fun to sing if it's the song I think it is ('oo-ooh, here she comes...' etc).  And there should be loads of choice this week.  Can't wait!

Yes, it'll work with your GH:WT guitars - instrument compatibility chart is here, and still pretty much correct for PS4 as I understand it.

I'm not 100% sure I follow your second question, but hopefully I can answer it anyway. You get the 65 songs on the back of the box, plus a small number of free songs on the marketplace. If you opt for the Rivals expansion as well, you'll get another 30-odd tracks by less well known bands. If you own any previous Rock Band game, you may be able to export to RB4 if you've previously exported on the PS3, or in the case of RB3, if you purchase the export option. New exports for the other games can't be purchased any more.

Everything on the marketplace is available for sale, but it's not a Guitar Hero Live deal - you need to buy the individual tracks or small bundles, rather than being able to play everything from the off.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fry Crayola said:

Yes, it'll work with your GH:WT guitars - instrument compatibility chart is here, and still pretty much correct for PS4 as I understand it.

Nice - cheers!

If you own any previous Rock Band game, you may be able to export to RB4 if you've previously exported on the PS3, or in the case of RB3, if you purchase the export option. New exports for the other games can't be purchased any more.

Bugger - got the PS3 games but never done any form of export.

Everything on the marketplace is available for sale, but it's not a Guitar Hero Live deal - you need to buy the individual tracks or small bundles, rather than being able to play everything from the off.

Will check out prices on the store - thanks for your help.

Shame about the missed exports but for what it's worth, they've been relicensing those tracks as DLC for a while so if there's a few songs you can't be without, you may be able to buy them anyway. Not everything has been relicensed yet, though.

It's not utter shite, it's just everything that hasn't been in a selection for the rest of this season.

We're steadily improving our spotlight scores for bass, guitar and vocals, but we need a drummer to get us something please!!

The last few weeks has just been me, @Munty Cakes and @ryanski but there's loads of songs this week to earn XP and I really want the bloodstone helmet that flashes in time with the music you guys.

Lol, it’s only the spotlights that are less than inspiring, the actual list of songs for xp I think is very good indeed. My only day off is tomorrow so i’ll try to put some time in then. 

• Upvote 1

I tried my best but after 6 or 7 years of using 2 pedals and my adapter dying my brain just refuses to compute a lot of patterns to one foot :-( Daga needs to stop messing about with real drums and answer the call :lol:

Right sorry guys, we’ve been really busy lately and Daga’s been obsessed with Super Smash Bros rather than Rock Band but I will make sure he plays the spotlights tomorrow evening at least. Apologies. 

• Upvote 2

Doesn’t look like the spotlights are gonna be enough unfortunately. Will be home on break a bit later and will see if it’s worth a late push at the time. 

Can't be bothered this season, I'm not going to buy the season pass and I'm only going to buy a spotlight song if I actually like it.

I was away last week and was quite shocked to come back and find it had started again already. Didn’t they used to give us a longer break between seasons? That and the fact that there seems too often to be two spotlight songs to have to buy each week is rather taking the piss. I’ve always only bought the ones I like and that’ll remain the case. I do like the online now though and being able to join randomers and play rivals songs, that’s a great addition.