Yoshimax

Rock Band 4

I sold off all the plastic tat that was clogging up cupboards last year and used it to fund an Xbone - can't say I'd be rushing to fill the house with it all over again.

Like many others I did get bored of the whole Rock Band/Guitar Hero thing before they sent it on holiday and I'm gonna need them to live up to that "evolve the gameplay in a way that would be interesting" claim to go back now.

It's nice they realised the importance of backwards compatibility with this. There's no chance in hell people would have paid for the same songs again on a new platform.

Well, maybe More Than A Feeling by Boston.

• Upvote 1

What are the chances I can use all my 360 instruments and downloads on PS4? Slim I bet.

The instruments might be tied to the specific platform (Xbox or PlayStation) but I hope they find a way of getting the DLC across. I'd imagine lots of people will have played this on 360 last gen but will now be looking at the PS4 version. (Sounds like legacy DLC will be drip-fed, so you'll need to download it again anyway, so if they use some sort of account-based system that tracks what you owned on previous gen consoles then I'm sure they can manage to do this).

Anyway. I literally could not be more excited. This is fantastic news.

Fantastic news and pretty much confirms I'll be getting a PS4 now. :)

Only slight disappointments are lack of keys support, possible lack of old instrument support (still working on it) and the fact that The Beatles will remain forever locked away on unsupported hardware. But I'm sure I can live with that.

Interested in seeing what these new features are.

Holy crap. It's a shame my DLC and kit (including the Mustang Pro Guitar) are for 360 and I've moved to PS4, but I'd probably be willing to buy more plastic tat for this. :P

YES YES YES YES.

Also, it looks like there will be some kind of live element to proceedings which will build on the work they did with Fantasia. Don't quite see how that would be possible with the legacy guitars, so this could be their route into getting people to buy new plastic instruments.

I've not yet bought a next gen console but my interest in getting an Xbox One has gone from 10% to 100% in last five minutes following this announcement. I have > 600 songs on 360 and still play to this day. Didn't think Rock Band 4 would ever be released, and if it did, I never believed DLC would transfer across. Well done you beautiful Harmonix people. My Ion drum rocker had better work mind.

• Upvote 2

Might go for the new guitar since my old one was showing signs of fatigue last time I played the game on PS3. Have they said if Pro Drums will be supported ? There's no cymbals on the photo of the new kit ?

Might go for the new guitar since my old one was showing signs of fatigue last time I played the game on PS3. Have they said if Pro Drums will be supported ? There's no cymbals on the photo of the new kit ?

(eg. Background, 3.48)

If they somehow wrangle cross-platform, 360-to-PS4 DLC, then I'll name my first born Harmonix.

I may need to settle down with an Asterix fan...

Quoting for just-in-case.

I'm sure it's entirely possible logistically, but I'm not holding my breath. It sounds too good to be true.