rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Rudi von Starnberg

Cities: Skylines - SimCity 2015

I’m in the same boat. I found the videos by ImperialJedi linked to a page or two back to be very helpful. 

It’s a bit overwhelming at first but it unlocks stuff as your population grows so it does a good job of easing you in over time. 

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6M

The Premium edition is out today!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/cities-skylines-premium-edition/bnldp52jvf59

Season Pass is £32 and includes:

Snowfall (full expansion)

Natural Disasters (full expansion)

Mass Transit (full expansion)

High Tech Buildings (content creator pack)

Art Deco (content creator pack)

Relaxation Station (radio stations pack)

Rock City Radio (radio stations pack)

Only the Snowfall expansion is available today, The others are being rolled out at later dates.

So.. @p1nseeker and @SneakyNinja, ImperialJedi is the best bout there, but I can also recommend T4rget on Youtube, I have been watching his current Unmodded lets play that seems pretty good to ease you in. He is on PC so has things we don't have on console for now (changing the incremental height steps on bridges, terraforming, etc) but is pretty easy to follow and understand. (Also this guy LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEESSSSSS curves, loves them!)

Here: 

• Upvote 2

DLC bundle is on sale on Steam, I'm right back into this - Mass Transit and Disasters are amazing. I've got a stupidly tricked out PC turning up tomorrow for work, first thing I'm going to do is load this on it and see how my city runs. 

• Upvote 1

Love this game. Just about unlocked everything now. Tempted by the DLC but it all adds up. How much do they all go for in a bundle during sales?

1 hour ago, Sng said:

Love this game. Just about unlocked everything now. Tempted by the DLC but it all adds up. How much do they all go for in a bundle during sales?

I got them all before Christmas for £20 odd, as I recall. The best are mass transport and natural disasters. 

Has anyone else picked this up on the Switch?

Up to 14k sims in my world and when zoomed in it chugs a bit, but on the whole it plays really, really well. It has become a great time waster where I can play for 5-10 minutes making minor improvements to my city, or for bigger sessions for building up. 

The Switch version comes with After Dark and Snowfall and there is no commitment of future DLC as the deva wanted to see how well it sells first. However if the opening week is anything to go by, we should at least get parity with the Xbox One and PS4 versions. 

No mods is a pain (on all console versions) as it would be nice to save some time and get other players interchanges of a mod database, but it is a minor niggle. 

Hopefully we do get future DLC as I cannot wait for Mass Transit and Natural Disasters on the go!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I got the Switch version. Love it as much as PS4 version.

After 15k population it will only sim at 2x.

Amazing having a sim like this on handheld.

• Upvote 1

So I just found out that the other console versions have been updated properly with Mass Transit, which means we have things like elevation step changes, proper road guides and the like. 

Tempted to start a new city on the Xbox again. Shame you can't save centrally and play across systems (I know why obviously). 

I can stop playing whenever I want.....

Am totally addicted to this now - I bought it on PC about a year ago, played five minutes and gave up. Then the other week I watched some of this guys videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYzO4HZxgXc2UJQD5bIo8AQ

Like:

And got massively drawn in and thought I'd give it another go with some of the mods that he uses in his videos. Two weeks later, I've bought all the DLC and have put 100 hours in.... good grief. It's so addictive trying to get that traffic running smoothly. And I'll just get into a position where I'm profitable and traffic is flowing (with despawning turned off) and then I'll build something else and it all goes to shit and I'll spend a couple of hours fiddling until I've got back into a good position again... phew!