rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Flub

Helldivers - From the makers of Magika

Not sure which one of you chaps is Beertiger but I had some enjoyable games with him earlier. Looking forward to trying it with 4 people.

That was me. Yeah if I wasn't for your praise of the shotgun against the bugs I probably would never have deviated from the standard rifle and discovered that the shotgun is a bug destroying machine. Looking forward to some 4 player so we can attempt some of the harder stuff.

Shotgun is a death machine on bug levels. Really handy for conserving ammo too. The spread means you really need to be in front of everyone else though :) I'm guessing the bugs count as soft rather than armoured targets for the purposes of the second upgrade too. The weapon seems specifically designed for those levels. The scythe laser seems like it'll be handy against those robot guys who tend to have shields a lot.

What do we recommend against the cyborgs? Raw stopping power?

What do we recommend against the cyborgs? Raw stopping power?

The sidearm. Real men pistol whip unruly men/machines and then die a horrible death because you get overrun :D

• Upvote 1

Decided to buy this last night. Played a couple of single played missions and like what I see so far. The main draw for me is going to be playing two player local co op with my son. Think that'll be a blast.

It's not that exciting in single player mode to be fair. And I've had some good games with randoms where everyone seems to work together but also some bad ones where constant 'accidental' friendly fire seems the order of the day and one where the host appeared to deliberately kicked me just as the shuttle was coming after helping him through 2 missions so I woud'nt get any XP :(

It's really a game to be enjoyed with mates and with comms, and that's where it shines.

Add me for multiplayer fun. Game is splendid, doubly so with friends/voice.

I'm not sure how effective some of the strategems are. The heavy machine gun is one I like. Rocket launcher is good I'm guessing on the harder difficulty levels but I'd have concerns about the ultra long reload time and how fast enemies spawn. Air strikes and strafing runs seem to take too long to create given how little they actually do.

The rocket Launcher and/or recoilless rifle are 100% essential on some of the harder missions. I'll let you find out why :P

Ah, those were some better games. It's definitely satisfying when it clicks and you have four players covering all angles. Especially when you concentrate on one group of enemies, and the screen becomes three quarters full with a an absolute rain of gunfire. :D

I am, yeah. Checked and there's a few complaints on their forums about this kind of thing.

[EDIT]Now giving me that error message for most of the games I try to join.

Single player is actually great if you treat it like space metal gear solid. Get in, get out. No witnesses:)

I was having that problem and I found rebooting the PS4 solved it.

Ah ok, thanks. Shall give that a try next time.

This is a ton of fun. Cross-play seems a bit shonky at the moment but I hear they're working on it. The fuck-ups you can create are pretty hilarious at times, as long as you manage to recover from them anyway. Was playing it with a friend and I managed to get crushed by the hellbomb called in to nuke the bug nests, then he accidentally destroyed the bomb with stray bullets twice before we actually got the thing set off properly. :lol:

I dropped into a random game last night and the whole fireteam were in an APC. Which I landed on and annihilated :lol:

• Upvote 1

I dropped into a random game last night and the whole fireteam were in an APC. Which I landed on and annihilated :lol:

That happened to us when I was in the APC with 3 guys. I don't think it was you but yeah... how we laughed...

I think the influence is bugged at the moment btw. It seems only the host gains it during multiplayer, which is obviously broken, as everyone that I was partied with last night had the same influence at the end as they had before we played, yet mine had increased. This also happened to me when I joined other players for multiplayer as well.

I know Arrowhead Studios is monitoring the Galactic war and the influence for each of the 3 conflicts, and there is a patch coming sometime to fix a lot of stuff (they know about the controller bug btw), but not sure if they know about this one or not.

Edit: Speaking of patches:

PATCH 1.02 has been deployed in Canada, North and South America, Japan and Asia

Patch 1.02 contains:

Fix for rare stability issue seen with the REP-80

Fix for non host players stats not posting to the leaderboards

If you are in-game now, after your mission please exit and relaunch the game. Tell your friends!!

More fixes on the way!! Thank you for your feedback and patience.

Not played today yet, but I'm assuming its not out for us lot yet, right?

I know its been mentioned that the vita version isn't great, anyone tried the PS4 version on remote play instead?

Spent the day on this in co-op, it just gets better and better:) Some games I'm the green recruit being shepherded along by someone double my level, other times I'm frantically prodding a couple of low level maggots to KEEP MOVING! This game is rapidly moving up from " really really good" to " required buy for a ps4 owner". If anyone's still on the fence, you won't regret it.

• Upvote 1

I'm currently sporting a fetching green camo number. Anyway, it's not about what you wear, it's about how gracefully you can victory twirl while you wait for evac.

A four player session in which nearly everything that can possibly go wrong does. Yet somehow we turn epic failure into monumental victory. Best moments - running in four opposite directions from a Hell bomb (7.30) and a string of cock-ups leading to the most awesome lone survivor pod callback ever (09.30 - 11.10).

• Upvote 5

Shame party chat cant be included with that. Between all the "oh shit" moments, panicked button presses and shooting each other, Hardbattle would be humming/singing along to the music :lol:

You can actually enable party chat in the vid share options so I've turned it on to capture our shouting, hysterical laughing and/or terrified screaming on future sessions ;)