IGNORED

Just got a new console system. Remember we had to do this?

Meat

Have a feeling my C64 was like this. I can't remember much else asking the customer to do this.

It's ridiculous that i can't even wire a plug at work, despite doing this several times before.

Trying to tune into a RF signal was a right pain in the arse, especially if your consoles required slight tuning each time you wanted to play a different console.

Trying to tune into a RF signal was a right pain in the arse, especially if your consoles required slight tuning each time you wanted to play a different console.

I remember when things like this were an added necessity...

crLkrBJ.jpg

There was one time we tried to have the C64 and Mega Drive under the same telly, so it led to a mess of cables, switch boxes, power supplies and other stuff. That said, I know that there were much worse examples of cable nightmares around (I've seen the AVGN Atari 5200 episode ;) )

I remember my mate borrowing his other mates PC Engine. Not the best way to discover the incompatibility between PAL and NTSC.

Hired a Sega Saturn from Blockbuster which only came with a SCART lead. Useless.

Green screen DVD playback on the PS2 took ages to solve, and pretty sure it didnt come with an RF lead either.

Then there was the unforgettable time I got a Spectrum for my birthday. So excited!

2082193_be9b8dfdad.jpg

I remember during my pre-SCART TV days having to use multiple RF switches just to switch between my SNES and N64. I eventually had to use one of those All-For-One shared aerial boosters where you could adjust the strength. Either that or I was just ambitious at the time in finding a way of not having to keep switching them over.

Good times were ahead when I finally had a TV/VCR combi with composite and SCART inputs ;) .

Green screen DVD playback on the PS2 took ages to solve, and pretty sure it didnt come with an RF lead either.

Was it solvable (without switching leads)?

And what actually was the reason for that? I remember reading in a magazine at the time that it had something to do with combating piracy - they didn't want pirates to be able to make good copies so Sony deliberately fucked playback for everybody. That can't be true, can it?

wasn't the green screen becuase of protection sony put on RGB scart leads playing dvds, switch it to composhite and it would play no problem. I'm sure there were scart leads produced with a switch on them so you could flick between rgb and comp.