Crota (Normal) Tuesday 10.00 - 10.30 pm 18.03.15

Bonzai1888

Well, its probably worth a try without the invisibility method. It certainly wasn't reliable last night, its like Crota had thermal vision on or something!

Its also getting to the point now where I will probably have a few more attempts at this and just give up. I'm not really that fussed about getting the weapons any more and its more about it being the last thing to accomplish. Spending my only game time in the evening running the same bit is getting old pretty fast and I have a stack of games I should really make a start on :P

Well, its probably worth a try without the invisibility method. It certainly wasn't reliable last night, its like Crota had thermal vision on or something!

Its also getting to the point now where I will probably have a few more attempts at this and just give up. I'm not really that fussed about getting the weapons any more and its more about it being the last thing to accomplish. Spending my only game time in the evening running the same bit is getting old pretty fast and I have a stack of games I should really make a start on :P

Yes, yes it is.

Yeah, I was hitting him, going invisible and running round his back and he still hit me.

Other times it worked ok. The escape route after hitting him is hard to get. He kept hitting me even as I was clear of the ledge last night.

When as soon as yer third hit is in, run...means your urni dropping swords nd shit so mibee make your escape quicker. Have 2 new places for the soon to be sword swinger to stand to take down the sword carrier. Was actually summat the guy was doing on saturday too.Also, after yer second sword, you can try running into ogre room if you cant get up RH staircase into the door, go invisible, then head back.

When as soon as yer third hit is in, run...means your urni dropping swords nd shit so mibee make your escape quicker. Have 2 new places for the soon to be sword swinger to stand to take down the sword carrier. Was actually summat the guy was doing on saturday too.Also, after yer second sword, you can try running into ogre room if you cant get up RH staircase into the door, go invisible, then head back.

Sounds like you've got it nailed, you can try it next time! ????

Sounds like you've got it nailed, you can try it next time! ????

I would try if I was a bigger guy...31 man, 31. (av no done it on normal either).Anyway, wizni singling ye oot, you wid get it bang on then somebody would get taken oot wi something stupid, we wur wiping for a variety of reasons, 2nd ogre for instance, mibee first rocket from gallerhorn only while the rest keep out the way, then snipe him doon, instead of big arses getting in the way killing the rocketeer...or, sniper only, claustrophobic in that wee room.Just trying to get other techniques together for a punt is all... I start aff hiding, or get wiped oot wi splash damage...or bloody thrawls other side of the glass.

I would try if I was a bigger guy...31 man, 31. (av no done it on normal either).Anyway, wizni singling ye oot, you wid get it bang on then somebody would get taken oot wi something stupid, we wur wiping for a variety of reasons, 2nd ogre for instance, mibee first rocket from gallerhorn only while the rest keep out the way, then snipe him doon, instead of big arses getting in the way killing the rocketeer...or, sniper only, claustrophobic in that wee room.Just trying to get other techniques together for a punt is all... I start aff hiding, or get wiped oot wi splash damage...or bloody thrawls other side of the glass.

I know, we'll get it eventually, just need everything to fall into place, it gets frustrating doing the sword as more often than not, it's him who gets killed.

Gonni need to be GTA Heists for me tomorrow, but can do Wed / Thursday if anyone is game.

Still need to Run Normal as the Hunter, armour & blackhammer, then after that concentrate on Hard. 2 Alts at 32 now, but I need theat fucking Hunter done (+plus I want the sniper rifle, no that bothered about anything else coz I got hunger of Crota, Full auto, pulse, fusion, shotty already).

Will I alter this one? I can bring the wean in to replace finite on normal run if yooze are ok (or indeed, if you even want to do anymore normal runs).

I'm around for the Wednesday runs. I'm primarily interested in normal for the Black Hammer drop, but will do both :) I'll have a lowly Warlock ready to go in a weeks time I reckon, so if you guys wouldn't mind dragging me through with him at some point would be great.

So many of our group still need Blackhammer!

That was a pretty good effort last night lads. The one time we nearly beat him with just the 3 of us, it was my fault we wiped. I'd retreated back into the tunnel to pop a synth and unbeknownst to me a thrall had followed me all the way in. ????

It was definitely possible the way we were doing it as its soloable by a 32 (who is better than me!). I think we all just had our moments and my sword-swinging certainly wasn't at its best. I was firing one rocket before jumping up each time to make sure he was at a kneel and fumbled the switching sometimes. I think my most inept attempt was dropping the sword, switching to gallarhorn and then rocketing the sword that was just in front of me - genius! :facepalm:

We deffo could have done the 32 switchout though, that would have made things more straightforward!

Normal. There's no way we could've done enough damage on Crota with 2x30's

If you were a man down you shooda sent me a message, for all the time it would take to do the end bit.... If you wurni, then ignore that post.... It never happened...