MW_Jimmy

Nex Machina - Robotron meets Resogun (PS4/PC)

5 minutes ago, clippa said:

I'm rusty as all hell, made a load of mistakes, even on the first level but I just kept going because winners never give up.

It was my first time playing level 5 and I didn't do too badly there but I died almost instantly on level 6.

So who's got the top score then? What am I aiming for? I wish you could add friends in game so you could see score rivals cross platform. I'm just gonna have to keep coming here and checking.

It was me on Rookie with 321M but I think you are our Experienced champion at the moment.

1 minute ago, spatular said:

can anyone beat my 1.5 million score?

Hide contents

on master mode :D been trying to unlock that for a while. still a rubbish score, need to improve that.

Not gonna be me, watched your replay and can safely say I'll never achieve the skill set to last more than 30 seconds on Master mode. 

• Upvote 1

ha nice one clippa, i was just about to say i got 333 - which is now obsolete :D to dodge that attack 

Spoiler

roll when he hexagon starts to shrink fast.

the master mode score was a joke really, still pleased to unlock it, and pretty cool how that mode plays differently.

2 hours ago, clippa said:

but, but, I got 258. I'm hoping you misread rather than mistyped. Either way, I'm going to have to up my game!

Quite right. I either misread or don't have you as a friend. 

I managed a chain of about 120 on Rookie last night, but even with the generous timer it gets tricky for me at the end of World 2. More practice required!

2 hours ago, Hylian said:

Had an absolute corker of a run on Experienced, going from a record of 200m to 355m. First time I've got to World 6. What a game :wub:

Cool. I dropped back to novice and got 60th place this morning. 

• Upvote 2

Not seen the level 6 boss yet. Should get there pretty soon though I think. Currently working on single world 4 which should up my chances of making it through 5 and 6.

Just nailed 400m and this was the first time I've got to Supreme AI. Promptly shat my pants and lost my two remaining lives in the first phase :D World 6 didn't seem that tough that time. I'm feeling 5 is slightly harder maybe. Need to learn both.

• Upvote 1

It's similar only in controls. There is no RPG element to this. It's all about fast paced shooting, survival and racking up high scores. The whole game can be played in 40 mins but it's very difficult to complete.

Those scores are very strong. Must be near the top with those. Agree on that beacon on 2-11. I tend to take it out early after taking out the grabby man on the right by the human, taking out the canon at the same time, but that's easier for me as I use laser. I tend to open the secret exit on that level quite late. Chained about 150 today. I'm feeling a long world 1-3 chain is coming soon.

• Upvote 1

Yeah there's a level quite early in World 2 where you get 5 of those big guys going after 5 humans. You're forced to take some out with primary or special weapon as dashing all 5 will break your combo. I love the little elements of strategy in this. I'm still revising levels on World 1 where it can still be a little too tight at times. Particularly that one with the two horizontal moving lasers and the one before it with the tracing balls. They can still screw me up.