MW_Jimmy

Nex Machina - Robotron meets Resogun (PS4/PC)

Revealed as Nex Machina:

Should be tasty!

http://www.housemarque.com/housemarque-and-eugene-jarvis-working-together

Along with his friendly visit to Finland, Eugene announced that he is working on a brand new game with the Housemarque team.

This is Eugene’s first co-operation with an outside game developer since working with Midway Games (Cruis’n USA, 1994). A quote from the man himself:

“When I saw RESOGUN I couldn’t believe how these Housemarque guys took Defender to a new level. I wondered… what would happen if we teamed up? Mash up old school arcade with mad voxel tech and crazed nouveau Helsinki gamers… All I know now is that it is going to be explosive”.

Arcade games have been very close to Jarvis since he started creating them in 1982 with Robotron. Raw Thrills, his company, is on the forefront of contemporary arcade culture with sizeable gaming hits such as the Big Buck Hunter franchise.

This new venture is in essence Housemarque making a game with one of their all-time heroes. More details about the game will be released in the upcoming months.

• Upvote 4

Playing the PS4 version of Stardust at the moment and although I still think the main mode drags on a bit, they really are fantastic at creating interesting minigame riffs. Feel the same about Resogun, to a lesser extent. I think if they really committed to the smaller, bite-sized modes they could potentially better Geometry Wars 2. Certainly seem the more likely to give it a bash after Geometry Wars 3 took the series in the opposite direction.

That makes so many things clear.

I agree with Jolly. I like both those games very much, but they're much more than the quick arcadey blast I usually want, so I tend not to fire them up very often.

Oh man, modern Smash TV or Narc would be sweet! He hasn't really done much else that's any good though (robotron maybe? Never played it but Smash was a spiritual follow up, right?)

In my early twenties I went on a bit of a retro bender; tried out a whole load of classics that I had either missed at the time or had been way too young for at release. Defender and Robotron were the two that really stuck with me. Completely timeless games that in many ways have never been bettered. Genuinely think that both should be held alongside Tetris when you think of 'perfectly' designed games.

• Upvote 2

Modern day Smash TV would be really cool to see. I don't think I've played Robotron either. Someone showed me a mode you can play in COD that's like this and it looks shite.

The makers of Resogun and Robotron working on a twin stick shooter with a Carpenter Brut style (it sounds like him but could be someone else) soundtrack?

Yes please.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, clippa said:

Wow, this looks glorious!

Check out "assault android cactus" for your intense twin stick fix in the meantime. On PC and PS4

AAC is great, yeah.

This, Nioh and Nier Automata are the games shown at PSX that I want most. Housemarque is quality, Resogun is still my favorite PS4 exclusive after Bloodborne.
I guess Nex Machina will be out before Matterfall then. Really curious about that one as well.

• Upvote 1

Resogun is still my favourite game of this generation, this looks bloody brilliant!

Materfall and now Nex Machina can't soon enough. Housemarque know gameplay, their games are just so much fun and keep you coming back for more.

Still play Alienation almost daily too, probably my game of the year.

Housemarque :wub:

As someone who is bad at top down shooters, the person playing that seemed very bad at top down shooters. Every time they were cornered and completely failed to use the dash to escape left me genuinely frustrated!