Giant Bomb Fan Club

Ugh, Tested now selling a load of random overpriced tat, like a branch of red 5. Seems to be the same store that has the same deal with BoingBoing. Sad to see what became of it, and to think what would have happened to Giant Bomb had CBS not bought it.

(get your dodgby backup software, $70 cheap and nasty chinese knock-off VR headsets and $30 USB cables here: https://store.tested.com/deals/gear-gadgets )

Yeah, that's a StackSocial storefront. I've never bought anything physical from there but they do occasionally offer some reasonable Mac software deals.

They did exactly what I hoped they would for this week's Beastcast by replacing Jeff with Jeff. And then they also added Dan, which is a bit of a shame. I like Dan, but he's better left in his own podcast. He's going to inevitably draw all the attention to his weirdness yet again (I haven't actually listened to the podcast yet) while I was hoping for some good Jeff/Austin combo moments.

Also: there was no unprofessional Fridays yesterday since they were moving (from the third to the first floor), but Dan managed to persicope almost an hour of the extremely unprofessional final moments of the old office:

Before he also did a tour of the new offices:

Another great Demo Derby. I love that these have gradually become less about games (since most PSX games have aged horrendously) and more weird historical time capsules of late 90s American video game culture. PlayStation seems to have been marketed so differently there. Instead of the carefully crafted 'cool' image aimed at adults it had here with nightclubs and chemical brothers and such, over there seems like it's all monster trucks and extreme sports. And a lot of dutch angles in videos.

I noticed the same thing but I can't help but think that Americans themselves would describe it as "the carefully crafted 'cool' image aimed at adults with monster trucks and extreme sports" :lol: Adding Jeff to these derbies was the best thing decision ever, he seems to have at least a dozen personal anecdotes for most games, no matter how old or obscure

I haven't played it in a year or two and so the game is a bit different now. The problem is his ship has far, far too much fuel and power, is overcomplicated with that asparagus staging crap, and is obscenely inefficient. It's great!

It's a little grating more than infuriating. In a good way! It's a total contrast from the usual expert-level Kerbal videos I have watched by people like Scott Manley, an actual astrophysicist who is also a great game youtube guy.