Giant Bomb Fan Club

they have to be entertaining to watch and listen to, whether they're pro level 1337 skill is completely irrelevant. In fact, I'm willing to bet most pro level players are boring and cringeworthy as shit if you put them on UPF, the bombcast or any of the stuff these guys do.

But you can also Tweet @Jeff that he's doing it wrong of course ;)

Nah it's not that he's bad. It's that he might as well be playing it with a wii controller. The vsync in this game is horrendous.

Just out of interest, how are we measuring that?

(Haven't played AW mp outside of the co-op mode so have no preference etc for it)

Fleajumping.

they have to be entertaining to watch and listen to, whether they're pro level 1337 skill is completely irrelevant. In fact, I'm willing to bet most pro level players are boring and cringeworthy as shit if you put them on UPF, the bombcast or any of the stuff these guys do.

But you can also Tweet @Jeff that he's doing it wrong of course ;)

Fat thumbed accidental neg, sorry.

Jeff has a very specific taste for more over the top arcadey stuff which I suppose the more exaggerated movement of AW plays into perfectly. Duder loves Mortal Kombat more than anyone else in the world, even some of the weaker entries.

It seems that they're moving studio again (within the same building this time, at least)? The current place had just developed that grungy, lived in feel and atmosphere.

So I'm watching the EXLIFE video, skipping through some stuff, watching some stuff, ya' know... when suddenly Jeff starts to play CoD. He sucks at it, as expected, harps on about how AW was actually better as far as mutliplayer is concerned (it's objectively not) but then I see him mess around in the options menu. They put everything on low and to get all the fps' but then I see he's been playing with "sync every frame" enabled. These are three words for saying "vsync" which adds a fuckton of input lag, both for mouse and controller. He leaves it on and continues to play...

I tell ya' sometimes I'm amazed that I actually pay these people money to play videogames.

gamers.txt

Qlcrew.com gives you some in depth options when it comes to searching videos, most are tagged with games and the people on the show. They also let you relive the chat on some of the more recent streams, if that kind of thing is your bag.

Qlcrew.com gives you some in depth options when it comes to searching videos, most are tagged with games and the people on the show. They also let you relive the chat on some of the more recent streams, if that kind of thing is your bag.

Yeah, I've heard of that one. It would be nice if they listed the games in the video description itself, though. Or would people turn off if they knew they were going to play Windjammers for the seventeenth time again?

Rooster Teeth are unhappy with Jeff for giving Fallout 4 3/5 (which he only did for the apparently rather shoddy console versions and which is actually a 'good' score in their system of course). Of course, Rooster Teeth did a bunch of videos about Fallout 4 sponsored by Fallout 4. Also they were doing this while they were all while wearing pipboys.

Here is the 30s clip where they seem like real wanks. And are WEARING PIPBOYS.

https://twitter.com/Fobwashed/status/667376775177990144?s=09

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1143005

This kind of thing is where the REAL 'ethics in games journalism' issues lie, the games youtubers and podcasters not from the traditional magazine or website background can be very easily bought and there's precious little accountability beyond each person or group's personal integrity.

I want them to do a three hour wine, cheese and cracker reviewing stream. They did that live stream where Jeff, Zoe Quinn, Phil Fish and others were drinking a bottle of buckfast...

I have seen Jeff discussing the way some people in the games industry have complained about GB's review system before, which is really the fault of the fucked upness of the industry. Their scores are translated into percentages for metacritic, so a 3/5 (which means above average/good) becomes a 60, and of course thanks to integrity-free outlets like IGN and Eurogamer, 60 is seen as a really, really shit score by common assent, might as well be a zero. And then developers get paid bonuses based on metacritic scores, which is really stupid.

well about IGN being integrity free. could not agree more. not sure they even want to be. not sure it matters anymore.

about metacritic bonuses. I would actually just want metacritic to get better about which reviewers may be considered and for this practice to continue. it is one of the few ways in which developers are penalised for releasing broken games. Destiny is a good example in that they allegedly miss activition bonuses because the game reviewed in the sevens (which it deserved because it was half a game when released). tbh when metacritic is in the sixs or sevens it is a decent indication the game is not good. wouldn't you agree?

Ugh, Tested now selling a load of random overpriced tat, like a branch of red 5. Seems to be the same store that has the same deal with BoingBoing. Sad to see what became of it, and to think what would have happened to Giant Bomb had CBS not bought it.

(get your dodgby backup software, $70 cheap and nasty chinese knock-off VR headsets and $30 USB cables here: https://store.tested.com/deals/gear-gadgets )