IGNORED

Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

I haven't found it that bad, these things are always pretty low key affairs. Sort of thing which is perfect to put on the chromecast while playing something with a lot of grinding on the laptop or vita.

I think it actually works best with solo streamers though - Austin's was good from what I saw of it.

Mary Kish is always fun. She's a loon.

This Dave Lang stream though is terrible. I've just turned it off after giving it far too long of a chance to win me over. If something funny happens, I'll just catch it in a Best of Giant Bomb compilation.

Why do I find him obnoxious or why did I think it was glorious how he told Brad he was talking shit? If it's the latter then it's because he called Brad out on some pretty poor logic. If it's the former then it's because I think he's a bit boorish. He's obviously got this hard drinkin' fast talkin' crazy guy persona which he needs for his job but it's "on" too much for my liking and even when he starts to open up a bit it's not long before he's back to the cartoon character again. Dan can be the same with his loveable idiot schtick.

Why do I find him obnoxious or why did I think it was glorious how he told Brad he was talking shit? If it's the latter then it's because he called Brad out on some pretty poor logic. If it's the former then it's because I think he's a bit boorish. He's obviously got this hard drinkin' fast talkin' crazy guy persona which he needs for his job but it's "on" too much for my liking and even when he starts to open up a bit it's not long before he's back to the cartoon character again. Dan can be the same with his loveable idiot schtick.

Ah what was the poor logic? Sorry haven't yet listened to the podcast myself.

It's probably better if you just listen to it, but Brad was whining about how developers are now trying to "force" esports on people and they should let the audience grow naturally. Dave just pointed out Brad plays DotA2, which is about as cynical a cash in on a free to play Warcraft 3 mod as it was possible to make.

So I'm watching the EXLIFE video, skipping through some stuff, watching some stuff, ya' know... when suddenly Jeff starts to play CoD. He sucks at it, as expected, harps on about how AW was actually better as far as mutliplayer is concerned (it's objectively not) but then I see him mess around in the options menu. They put everything on low and to get all the fps' but then I see he's been playing with "sync every frame" enabled. These are three words for saying "vsync" which adds a fuckton of input lag, both for mouse and controller. He leaves it on and continues to play...

I tell ya' sometimes I'm amazed that I actually pay these people money to play videogames.

they have to be entertaining to watch and listen to, whether they're pro level 1337 skill is completely irrelevant. In fact, I'm willing to bet most pro level players are boring and cringeworthy as shit if you put them on UPF, the bombcast or any of the stuff these guys do.

But you can also Tweet @Jeff that he's doing it wrong of course ;)

they have to be entertaining to watch and listen to, whether they're pro level 1337 skill is completely irrelevant. In fact, I'm willing to bet most pro level players are boring and cringeworthy as shit if you put them on UPF, the bombcast or any of the stuff these guys do.

Nah it's not that he's bad. It's that he might as well be playing it with a wii controller. The vsync in this game is horrendous.

Just out of interest, how are we measuring that?

(Haven't played AW mp outside of the co-op mode so have no preference etc for it)

Fleajumping.

Fat thumbed accidental neg, sorry.

Jeff has a very specific taste for more over the top arcadey stuff which I suppose the more exaggerated movement of AW plays into perfectly. Duder loves Mortal Kombat more than anyone else in the world, even some of the weaker entries.

It seems that they're moving studio again (within the same building this time, at least)? The current place had just developed that grungy, lived in feel and atmosphere.

So I'm watching the EXLIFE video, skipping through some stuff, watching some stuff, ya' know... when suddenly Jeff starts to play CoD. He sucks at it, as expected, harps on about how AW was actually better as far as mutliplayer is concerned (it's objectively not) but then I see him mess around in the options menu. They put everything on low and to get all the fps' but then I see he's been playing with "sync every frame" enabled. These are three words for saying "vsync" which adds a fuckton of input lag, both for mouse and controller. He leaves it on and continues to play...

I tell ya' sometimes I'm amazed that I actually pay these people money to play videogames.

gamers.txt

Qlcrew.com gives you some in depth options when it comes to searching videos, most are tagged with games and the people on the show. They also let you relive the chat on some of the more recent streams, if that kind of thing is your bag.

Yeah, I've heard of that one. It would be nice if they listed the games in the video description itself, though. Or would people turn off if they knew they were going to play Windjammers for the seventeenth time again?