Giant Bomb Fan Club

"I think it's totally fair to look at the map for this level because it doesn't explain to you what you have to do"

Why bother with the challenge if you're just going to cheat?

"I'm looking at this map that realistically you could just put together in your head" and yet just 30 seconds ago he was talking about all the new stuff he'd seen but wasn't sure how to get to.

So I'm watching that Lego Dimensions QL and Jeff just doesn't give a fuck does he? Shorts to work, (facial) hair all over the place, horrible tee... what a guy!

That's just a general games industry thing, whether it be journalist or dev.

Polygon wrote an article about Tracksuitgate and they also have the full, uncensored (one could say: raw) trailer

What was otherwise a run-of-the-mill trailer showing off WWE 2K16's character creation toolkit dissolved into a mini media-scandal this afternoon when one of the wrestlers it featured resembled the alter-ego of a well known games writer.
"Dr. Tracksuit" — who appears at 1:24 of the above video — is the persona of Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann when he wrestles in the annual "PAX Wrestling" events using WrestleMania 2000 on Nintendo 64 (full disclosure: Polygon writer Samit Sarkar has participated in this event.) This morning, 2K Sports put out a trailer touting the game's creation suite (above), and late in the clip a wrestler looking very much like Dr. Tracksuit was shown making his entrance.
Here is Gerstmann as Dr. Tracksuit, cutting a promo for the 2014 "PAX Rumble":
Screen_Shot_2015-10-14_at_6.00.23_PM.0.p

Giant Bomb's Alex Navarro was the first to notice the similarities.

Shortly after, Gerstmann hit Twitter to register his displeasure.

In wrestling parlance, this foofaraw appears to be a "shoot" (i.e. legit) and not a "work" (scripted for storyline purposes).
After Gerstmann complained on social media, 2K Sports re-rolled a trailer to games media with the questionable footage stripped out. Polygon reached out to a 2K Sports representative for an explanation of what happened; he declined further comment.
Clearly, this has all the makings of the next great feud in professional wrestling.

And of course, in a clickbaity article about Jeff's character being used without his permission... they didn't ask Jeff for comment. Because as far as I can tell this whole thing is a prank of some kind - not sure about that though.

Oh Polygon, please fuck off.

Far from a joke, Jeff was legit upset about it. They used his likeness to advertise an upcoming game that he's previously been an outspoken critic of. That's a shitty thing to do, especially when he goes out of his way to distance himself from endorsing the podcast advertisers.

In his words, they didn't ask but if they had he'd have probably said no.

Patrick must have been 2 when super mario world came out (introduction of the cape albeit a rehash of the tail). His first Mario memory is probably Galaxy (Two!).

I had to check this because Klepek was at 1up when I frequented that site the best part of ten years ago and it turns out he's 30, turning 31 in February. He'd have been six and half when Super Mario World was released in North America. Not unreasonable to think he'd have had access to a SNES at that age.

I had to check this because Klepek was at 1up when I frequented that site the best part of ten years ago and it turns out he's 30, turning 31 in February. He'd have been six and half when Super Mario World was released in North America. Not unreasonable to think he'd have had access to a SNES at that age.

Yeah he's just over a year younger than me, I never actually owned Super Mario World myself but I did have a SNES (and it wasn't my first console) and borrowed/rented that game a few times, and have since played a lot of it over the years. He's just sneaking into the prime age group to have played that game I would have thought.

Anyway he beat the level after all.

Enjoyed O'Dwyer on the Bombcast. For one, they actually spoke critically of Destiny. For another, I dunno, Jeff seemed to wake up a bit. There was some added bite from him, more synapses firing. That sort of thing.

Jeffcast >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bradcast

When Brad first took over it seemed like the right idea, Jeff was well off-form in those days for various obvious reasons and it was affecting the bombcast as far as I remember. He definitely seems to have his mojo back these days, to use a phrase I don't like much, so I would love him to take it back. Brad doesn't keep the discussion under control well and so they drone on about Destiny or Dota for hours, and god, look at the clusterfuck UPF is every single time Jeff is away. Jeffcasts can sometimes be a bit weird (in a great way).

I think this is the area where Ryan's absence is most keenly felt - guy was just a pure natural and instinctive host. Jeff and Vinny are more than charismatic enough to do it pretty well, but Ryan was a proper TV/radio/comedy improv night presenter in the traditional mould, keeping entertaining tangents going, getting people to open up and playing off them, and knowing when and how to shut them up when they were being dull. Danny is actually pretty good at that too.

Anyway, the Beastcast is the best gaming podcast going.

I fucking love listening to Vinny hosting the beastcast. Dude is hilarious. I`d rather have Jeff hosting the bombcast but I`m fine with Brad doing it.

Not keen on Alex. Like Drew. Have come to appreciate Dan. Like Austin.

I was watching Vinny play Life is Strange last night for a bit. He does the improv comedy really well.

Vinny and Jeff (Bakalar) are naturally funny people. They're just great at what they do. Austin and Alex try to jump in on their jokes and ruin them most of the time.

And yeah, great Bombcast this week.

I'd love a podcast with both Jeffs, Vinny and John Vignocchi. I think it'd be incredible.