IGNORED

Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

I tuned into the first Nextlander stream in a while (the Mario Kart one). Has Brad moved home? His background and camera setup is completely different.

I guess it's too much to hope he moved over east to be with Vinny and Alex.

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

I tuned into the first Nextlander stream in a while (the Mario Kart one). Has Brad moved home? His background and camera setup is completely different.

I guess it's too much to hope he moved over east to be with Vinny and Alex.

He's at his parents currently I believe. There's been a lot of discussion of him travelling/mooching about his childhood home in the podcasts recently.

• 2 weeks later...

A Giant Bomb video popped up on my YouTube feed and saw that Jason was looking like this

Man's falling apart - didn't he lose a foot a while back? And he's always had health problems of varying degrees. I'd genuinely be concerned for his long term well-being at this point.

• 1 month later...

erm....so does anyone still watch there stuff? I haven't listened or watched anything in about a month so I'm just waiting for my subscription to expire. And there's a thread on their forum saying the exact same thing.

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/the-state-of-premium-1902794/?page=2

Brings up some great points. Nobody at GB is saying what the future of Premium is going forward. The only Premium show left is UPF (I'm not counting the video versions of the podcast) as Run To The Hills for its second season has moved to being free. It makes me wonder how much money is coming in and if Red Ventures is regretting the purchase already. 

I resubbed for a month to watch Metal Gear Scanlon and Beast In The East. But before that I haven't been subbed since the Nextlander guys left; and I'm not watching any of the current GB shows.

• 4 weeks later...

Ben was definitely correlated with the decline but the real collapse was with the pandemic. They really made a big mistake by sticking to the remote streams so much longer than every other podcast etc did during the pandemic. There is clearly no chance of them ever doing anything together in person ever again which just destroys the appeal of the entire thing.

You guys are forgetting something.

The proper nail in the coffin was getting that fucking plywood news desk to replace their sofa for Unprofessional Fridays.

When UPF died, I kinda started losing interest in the whole thing :(

On 31/05/2022 at 16:42, deerokus said:

Ben was definitely correlated with the decline but the real collapse was with the pandemic. They really made a big mistake by sticking to the remote streams so much longer than every other podcast etc did during the pandemic. There is clearly no chance of them ever doing anything together in person ever again which just destroys the appeal of the entire thing.

I mentioned in the Nextlander that the forum is not happy with Premium at the minute.

Site will be dead in a year, calling it. I've already started downloading a load of Premium stuff ready for the inevitable collapse.

52 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I mentioned in the Nextlander that the forum is not happy with Premium at the minute.

Site will be dead in a year, calling it. I've already started downloading a load of Premium stuff ready for the inevitable collapse.

Yeah I noticed that, they're not even getting bad premium content out anymore, it's just nothing. Matt Rorie (who at least seems to care) was posting in it apologetically about the lack of information with comments that were very vague but sounded mildly ominous.

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/the-state-of-premium-1902794/?page=4

I don't know whether the new owners are to blame or if it's a combination of factors but it's in a really bad place. The nextlander guys clearly saw the writing on the wall.

3 hours ago, Gambit said:

I've already started downloading a load of Premium stuff ready for the inevitable collapse

That was my thinking for resubbing, what you get? I grabbed VinnyVania, but might also get the Persona run, MetalGear Scanlon.

10 minutes ago, Couch Corpse said:

That was my thinking for resubbing, what you get? I grabbed VinnyVania, but might also get the Persona run, MetalGear Scanlon.

Started downloading the Mario Party's and VinnyVanias. Going to get Steal my Sunshine next.

I only ever listened to the Bombcast and Beastcast and didn’t really watch much of their video content. I still enjoy the Bombcast but I’ve given up on Nextlander which is just dull when all of their interesting stuff is paywalled on the Ramblecast and even their new podcast doesn’t appeal when the Fire Escape cast exists for Dan related nonsense.

I checked out the YouTube channel for the first time in months. It's a waste land. There's some content, but nothing like it's heyday, and what there is is horrible - at best bits evidently spun out from the podcast and long plays, at worst just random shit that is neither the thing that made the site unique nor ticking the twitch streamer box.

It's done.

I don't recall the youtube channel ever really popping, always seemed like middling numbers. Maybe the occasional hit, but generally low viewership.

I listened to the podcast for the first time in a while and... well, it was okay actually. I don't want to call out anyone in particular, but the omission of a few voices is a net positive since the last time I listened in a few years back. I almost chucked it listening to the first twenty minutes where they talk about random, pointless shit, but once they started talking about games instead of inflatable pools it wasn't so bad.

Haven't really listened to podcasts in forever, most of the good ones either disappeared or got less good.

Going through Danny’s Twitter feed looking for a half remembered link I saw this from a couple of weeks ago.

image.thumb.jpeg.5aced757273350fd257070c850370c00.jpeg

Without context I wouldn’t recognise little Drew! Look at him all grown up with a sensible haircut and everything.

Jeff Gerstmann has left Giantbomb with more details on tomorrows Bombcast. 

If today is his last day will he even be on the Bombcast and if not that’s a sad way to end his tenure.