Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

I am enjoying their banter. I love demon’s souls which helps. He is so much better than Vinnie at the actual game. I love Vinnie but both him and Brad are just fucking awful at the playing part and they have the memory/attention span of a fly. These guys appear way smarter but it could just be their accent. Just in the starting bit they have had comments about how the game is actually an allegory for capitalism and letting go of attachments. The only thing I like better than a souls game is people overanalysing a souls game. 

15 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

So I got round to listening to the podcast and this isn't remotely what he stated.  He said he'd not played the Souls games so would be good as he would play while his partner (who HAS played the games) would suggest things to do, then he went on to say he was going to do another show where he would interview each cast member, ask them their favourite game and then go and research it and produce documentaries on each game. 

There's enough bullshit in the world without us adding to it with some twisted view of what's actually aid on these shows.

Fine, sounds good. All I had for information was the linked Twitter post.

8 minutes ago, QuackQuack said:

Fine, sounds good. All I had for information was the linked Twitter post.

It's actually reminded me I need to buy a subscription for the first time!

I tried a bit of Grubbsnax but can’t concentrate on what he’s saying because I’m just trying to think who he reminds me off. It’s like an 80s Rockstar Hagrid with a bit of Paul Bearer thrown in. 

Actually really liking it.  Watch Tuna Supreme take on the world.

Tamoor is pretty funny.

When you subscribe to premium is there an alert for certain video playlists?  Like, I probably won't check the bomb castr website that often but I want to watch these vids when they get uploaded. 

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Absolutely nothing GB is producing in it's new form has grabbed me at all.

It's a tired homeless husk of a thing.

That's a shame, the Guilty Treasures thing was great IMO.

21 hours ago, Chindie said:

Absolutely nothing GB is producing in it's new form has grabbed me at all.

It's a tired homeless husk of a thing.

I'm actually enjoying the BombCast a hell of a lot more these days; I really prefer Jeff hosting. Any other GB content hasn't appealed at all... if anything I've been delving into the archives and watching stuff with Dan and Drew.

This morning looking at Youtube there was the Van Wheezer thang. Wtf is this? I get that its new content (I watched the first 5 mins) and I recognise the host dude when I occasionally look at Metal related content. What I don't get is that I know none of these people, its a new show on GB but its not like Danny is on there too, to anchor it to the GB brand etc. Its just been bolted on with no frame of reference. Totally off brand subject and people that have no connection to gaming as far as I know. Just feels weird.

As for Nextlander. I feel like I'm paying for fuck all really. I'm entry level Patreon but... I'm really not impressed. I wanted more of the same (Beastcast) but for some reason it just doesn't feel like that at all. Love Vinnie and Alex but I think I've kinda had it with this.

I drop into Dan, Mary and Mike's Fire Escape stuff every so often. Its more background noise at the moment. Just something I can drift in an out of at the moment.

The Nextlander guys do slowly appear to be getting into more of the type of thing I wanted from them, with Full Motion Vinny and Here Decay Gone Tomorrow, but it does seem to be lacking something. There's a spark missing that used to be there when they were at GB.

33 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

The Nextlander guys do slowly appear to be getting into more of the type of thing I wanted from them, with Full Motion Vinny and Here Decay Gone Tomorrow, but it does seem to be lacking something. There's a spark missing that used to be there when they were at GB.

Sometimes I feel it's comes across as a bit amature, which is ridiculous based on the three guys doing it. Amature in that Vinnie can piss around too much. 

It needs to be said again that the Bombcast has been on fire lately. Ever since Jeff G took over as host its become really really good again. Guilty Treasures is also brilliant.

The other new content is a big meh so far.

Nextlander is surprisingly soulless. As has been said, it's clearly missing a spark. Vinny for all his charm can't compensate for the low energy insecure vibes coming from Brad and Alex. You need an additional Jeff B or Jeff G or Ryan type person there.

Fire Escape Pod is extremely disappointing. Three people one upping each other in the bad takes stake, unable to see past their own carefree white middle class thirty something and no kids position in life. I love Dan and am a bit in love with Mary but both need a Vinny type to ground them to real life.

The best Nextlander stuff so far has been with Austin because be has such great chemistry with Vinny. Honestly if it was just them two then it would be excellent in my opinion. Alex unfortunately has a similar vibe to Jeff in that he seems to dislike an awful lot of things, the problem is he can't articulate it as well as Jeff so just comes across as constant moaning. :(

I've only tried Fire Escape once and that was enough. It was just.....too loud.

Jeff G & B really were the glue holding everything together.

Some sort of Nextlander series with Vinny, Austin and Alex, recreating the Kerbal dynamics would be amazing. Vinny with wild ideas, Austin trying to figure out how they can work without dissuading Vinny entirely, and Alex being a cowardly lion about it all. Or a Vinnyvania style show (though that was hugely elevated by Dan, IMO).

I'm sure they'll get there eventually. I just wish it was now, rather than 'eventually'. I must have a look at Giant Bomb again, since I'm still paying for the sub.

The recent Bombcasts have been great. I enjoy Fire Escape but it’s too long and with two thirds of the members being Twitch streamers they all seem to take forever to get to the point. Nextlander is just a bit dry, they should try and get Will from Tested on to at least give it some energy that’s currently sorely lacking because currently it sounds like the Beastcast when Jeff B wasn’t  there and Abby and Dan weren’t around to send it off the rails.