Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

5 minutes ago, Gambit said:

So who is this Jeff Grubb guy? People make it seem like a big deal but I have no idea who he is.

He's basically the video game equivalent of an ITK account in football terms. Lots of rumours and leaks go through him. He's built up a big following on twitter/resetera over the last year or so but I wouldn't say it's a big deal - he works for VentureBeat, who nobody has ever heard of. 

I find him a bit irritating. 

Disclaimer: I work for RV (or the UK bit of it anyway). It’s entirely anecdotal, but the only things I’ve heard are how GB are an exemplar for building an audience - they're regarded very highly internally. 

Unlike other posters in this thread, who are wrong, I like Jeff Grubb. I know he does the Insider thing a bit too much but I like reading his stuff on Gamesbeat. 

The Giant Bomb Big Tine Game wrap up was a really good watch. The Tommy Tallerico Intellivision section was hilarious. 
Jason still unable to put the low energy into low energy, he could be replaced by a 12 frame looping gif

2 hours ago, Radish said:

What’s the hook for that show? Two people replaying games they’ve played loads of times already isn’t especially exciting. 

I don’t understand this either. Danny said he was cooking up a show and then it’s just playing through Souls games? 

Really earning the big bucks for ideas there… I clearly don’t have the bullshit bravado needed to work I’m America.

The giant bomb guys used to be a staple go to for me each week, but through the dark Trump years a number of podcasts ended up slanting more entertainment than political and I fell away from being in regular touch with the site.

What’s the state of things these days for a lapsed fan looking for an inroad?

On 30/06/2021 at 04:42, Radish said:

What’s the hook for that show? Two people replaying games they’ve played loads of times already isn’t especially exciting. 

On 30/06/2021 at 07:43, QuackQuack said:

I don’t understand this either. Danny said he was cooking up a show and then it’s just playing through Souls games? 

Really earning the big bucks for ideas there… I clearly don’t have the bullshit bravado needed to work I’m America.

So I got round to listening to the podcast and this isn't remotely what he stated.  He said he'd not played the Souls games so would be good as he would play while his partner (who HAS played the games) would suggest things to do, then he went on to say he was going to do another show where he would interview each cast member, ask them their favourite game and then go and research it and produce documentaries on each game. 

There's enough bullshit in the world without us adding to it with some twisted view of what's actually aid on these shows.

3 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

So I got round to listening to the podcast and this isn't remotely what he stated.  He said he'd not played the Souls games so would be good as he would play while his partner (who HAS played the games) would suggest things to do, then he went on to say he was going to do another show where he would interview each cast member, ask them their favourite game and then go and research it and produce documentaries on each game. 

There's enough bullshit in the world without us adding to it with some twisted view of what's actually aid on these shows.

This guy is his ‘partner’? 

Just now, Oz said:

This guy is his ‘partner’? 

I thought he meant one of the bomb cast guys but I couldn't remember his name so used the word as in partner on the feature..  He's coming up with ideas that sound interesting but instead we focus on one of them and misrepresent what was said to boot!