rllmuk
Nespresso

Giant Bomb Fan Club

I don't get why Jeff hasn't taken Ben aside and asked him not to interrupt so much, and given him some guidance as to how not to fucking annoy everyone. It's baffling. Maybe Jeff is just a shitty manager.

• Upvote 1

Making the news the focus at the start made it a decent listen as well. Jeff seemed to be trying to keep up the shitty try-hard attempts at humour in Ben’s absence though :seanr:

I reckon GB West will need to do something based on all the negative feedback I see here and on the thread on Neogaf though they are a bit nasty there. 

3 hours ago, Couch Corpse said:

Jeff likes the jabber, he hates dead air so Ben resolves that issue.

Somebody should explain to Jeff the difference between filling dead air with jabber and constantly interrupting everyone.

Gaming merch at E3's.  Hosted by Dan!   What a blast from the past. 

• Upvote 2

On 07/02/2020 at 18:22, Zael said:

Lads how on a week where Ben wasn't on the show is Ben still all that you can talk about? 

That's how trauma works, my friend :) 

/looks at Neogaf GB thread

I thought we moaned about Ben being awful, but they take it to a whole new level.  And for the most part I agree. 

41 minutes ago, replicant said:

I thought we moaned about Ben being awful, but they take it to a whole new level.  And for the most part I agree. 

Yeah I've often wondered what a forum of white supremacists and misogynists think about the podcasts I listen to too.

• Upvote 6

The GB thread over there is genuinely nasty, especially some of the stuff posted about Abby.

4 hours ago, SweatyTravolta said:

Yeah I've often wondered what a forum of white supremacists and misogynists think about the podcasts I listen to too.

Well, there is a generalisation of over 140k members.

3 hours ago, Mafro said:

The GB thread over there is genuinely nasty, especially some of the stuff posted about Abby.

I just had a look and as I scrolled through, thinking this is a poor imitation of 4chan, I actually came across someone greentexting on there. 

So yeah, it’s basically /v/ with usernames. 

I stumbled over there out of curiosity and am now convinced Trump will get a second term. 

15 minutes ago, deerokus said:

All the normal folk left to form resetera. 

I got banned on resetera for having an alt account. Which I didn't and I'm on a VPN.

3 hours ago, replicant said:

Well, there is a generalisation of over 140k members.

I'm going to assume you missed the big happenings from awhile back. Everyone left, and nazis and white supremacists took over NeoGAF. It's a mess.

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

I'm going to assume you missed the big happenings from awhile back. Everyone left, and nazis and white supremacists took over NeoGAF. It's a mess.

Nah, I left then to join Resetera.  Until I got banned (see above).

Just now, replicant said:

Nah, I left then to join Resetera.  Until I got banned (see above).

You getting banned from a different forum, doesn't mean that a separate white supremacist forum isn't a white supremacist forum. I'm not saying anything about Resetera, I genuinely thought you missed the news on NeoGAF and tried to explain what had happened.

7 minutes ago, replicant said:

I got banned on resetera for having an alt account. Which I didn't and I'm on a VPN.

That'll be why. Someone else has probably used the same VPN so the same IP address. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

You getting banned from a different forum, doesn't mean that a separate white supremacist forum isn't a white supremacist forum. I'm not saying anything about Resetera, I genuinely thought you missed the news on NeoGAF and tried to explain what had happened.

Oh no, I know what happened over there with the whole evilore thingy - I was an active member of GAF since 2006.  Through the highs of the infamous Denis Dyack's metldown to the lows of the Evilore controversy.

Resetera is a bit of a mess atm too, part of the problem with it being so big.  I will no doubt rejoin it at some point mind you.

Just now, deerokus said:

That'll be why. Someone else has probably used the same VPN so the same IP address. 

Probably, but you would think that would be taken that into consideration.  Especially with the growth of VPN popularity.

15 hours ago, Mafro said:

Yeah, it's pretty disgusting. I get if people don't like any members of crew, they are people after all and you wont like everyone, but the level of personal insults become ridiculous. It's how I ended up here, seems like it isn't such a heated, short fused place.

10 hours ago, deerokus said:

All the normal folk left to form resetera. 

I wouldn't go quite that far, resetera is in the middle of weird dance right now.

On 12/02/2020 at 15:25, replicant said:

Hey lets talk more about Ben!

• Upvote 1

I really enjoyed the GTA 5 segment chat.  Crazy how much it's sold and is still selling.   I've posted to the timestamp where it starts more or less. 

• Upvote 1

Lot of good Ben content this week, bought another couple of subs to celebrate. ^_^

• Upvote 1