rllmuk
Nespresso

Giant Bomb Fan Club

All this Ben hate is getting pretty tiresome. He's been with GB for more than two years and some people on here have been complaining about him since nearly day one. If you really think he's that bad, either admit it's never going to be the same and live with it, or write a letter of complaint to his employers.

I do also find it pretty vexing people who keep saying he's never going to get a job elsewhere in the industry and he's probably kept on for pity, like we can all predict his career route or the opinions of those who hired him (unless I've missed those explicit statements, of course).

I don't mind Ben. Maybe they could have gotten someone with a bigger personality like Dan but I don't let his ongoing employment ruin my enjoyment of the site as a whole (the redesign did some of that instead :)).  I don't get time to watch as much GB these days and I'm about a year behind in listening to the podcasts, so I'd hope to come here to get some recommendations of good videos I should watch, with or without Ben, rather than the moanfest it's all become.

And don't get me started on Jeff suddenly hating games. He seems to have been suddenly hating them for the past five years... 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, deerokus said:

Once semi regular Giant Bomb guest from the golden age Jeff Green is on the most recent Three Moves Ahead.

Jeff Green replacing Ben...

There is a God.

• Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1

11 hours ago, rafaqat said:

That was a whole week ago. I have forgotten. What was it?

Alec Baldwin’s doing a new ocean documentary... Alec’s Sea Quest.

It was an extremely corny and impossibly polite dig at the recent Galaxy Quest feature’s name. Anyone else it wouldn’t even have registered but it was none more Drew.

Reminded me of this:

Ben isn't on the latest Bombcast, but jaded old man Jeff is and he grumpily shat on a potentially interesting Final Fantasy 3/6 discussion because he was into other stuff when it came out. God forbid some of them are actually enthusiastic about something.

I don’t enjoy anything about Giant Bomb anymore except for hating Ben. My hatred of Ben is the only thing that keeps me reading this thread and attached to the GB community in any way.  

I’m sorry you find it tiresome @James Lyon but I really enjoy hating Ben. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I don’t enjoy anything about Giant Bomb anymore except for hating Ben. My hatred of Ben is the only thing that keeps me reading this thread and attached to the GB community in any way.  

I’m sorry you find it tiresome @James Lyon but I really enjoy hating Ben. 

At least you have a hobby.

Agreed. One can complain about it not being 'the best evar!1', but for me this is what I want from them. A podcast that's fun to listen to, occasionally accidentally a bit informative, and just a bunch of friendly folk having a chat about games and whatever else. Without someone constantly interrupting everyone else. Lovely. Hopefully more of the same next week!

• Upvote 2

Live quick look scheduled for the new wwe game, which appears to be the most buggy and broken game mainstream released this generation.

That should be fun. I mean just look at this shit

6 minutes ago, Flub said:

No Ben on the bomcast this week and very, very positive thoughts on Outer Worlds. Can't wait for Friday.

Fantastic news! On both counts! Really enjoyed listening to last week's podcast, but I assumed we wouldn't be lucky enough to get two good ones in a row. And I'm really excited about Outer Worlds, Obsidian done good :)

This is great, was hoping to hear Jeff talk about Outer Worlds without that cretin calling it "HURRR THE OUTER WILDS HURR" after ever word Jeff might say.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, dave7g said:

This is great, was hoping to hear Jeff talk about Outer Worlds without that cretin calling it "HURRR THE OUTER WILDS HURR" after ever word Jeff might say.

Even better, in the very first minute they make a joke about Ben being out on a spooky October assignment and Jeff says that he gave him a ouija board with only the letters F-U-C-K-O and a second F on it :lol: Already one of the best bombcasts in years!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Even better, in the very first minute they make a joke about Ben being out on a spooky October assignment and Jeff says that he gave him a ouija board with only the letters F-U-C-K-O and a second F on it :lol: Already one of the best bombcasts in years!

If only he would permanently fuck off. That would be great.

• Downvote 2
  • Empathy 1

The Hurrminator

I'm really looking forward to Death Standing's embargo lifting after Dan's incredibly unsubtle hints on last week's Beastcast that he doesn't like it, and has already stopped playing it.

Just now, dave7g said:

Imagine Ben describing Death Stranding.

I was about to say it can't be worse than Abby trying to describe Disco Elysium but them I remembered it could be much worse.

This is a man who literally couldn't describe the most generic looking action game of the last few years, using possibly the biggest property in the world, with some inspiration from loot games he actually likes. Trying to describe something as bizarre and weird as Death Stranding would probably lead to a blackhole forming in his head which subsequently would swallow the planet.

He could barely comprehend looking at a video of it and started to have his body shut down, on the basis of the TGS gameplay video they watched. Where everyone else was incredulous, he was collapsing into a coma.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, PK said:

The Hurrminator

I'm really looking forward to Death Standing's embargo lifting after Dan's incredibly unsubtle hints on last week's Beastcast that he doesn't like it, and has already stopped playing it.

Oh that’s what that was. I was half listening while out for a stroll. Put two and two together and got banana at the time.

The whole opening was weird but at least they remembered Jeff hosts content for a living and is a better choice than anyone else when Vinny is away.