rllmuk
Nespresso

Giant Bomb Fan Club

2 hours ago, Mafro said:

I've been listening to podcasts for more than a decade now and I've never known anyone to be disliked as much as Ben is.

Even the relentlessly positive and fanboyish Giant Bomb reddit has started to slowly turn against him. 

He doesn’t effect my enjoyment enough to moan about him, but did anyone see Ben on the Death Stranding stream? He was literally falling asleep and it didn’t seem to be for comedic effect. 

17 hours ago, Pockets said:

I actually think she’s better when hosting. Obviously Vinny is the best but she seems to feel less need to seek attention as host. 

Agreed. I think she's way more structured and engaged when she's hosting. She gives everyone the chance to speak, keeps things running and progressing. But it's nice to have some chaos too rather than doing everything by the numbers.  

As for Ben; with Jeff coming back from paternity leave I started listening to the Bombcast again. I don't find him as bad as he was... I get the impression this was more luck than him radically changing his style. I've not heard TLOU2/ Fallout helmet episode yet.. 

On 28/09/2019 at 07:42, PeteJ said:

I checked the neogaf thread about giantbomb a while back and Ben seems to be pretty popular, I can't see them getting rid of him. 

I would check it again - he gets even more shit from them as he does from here. In fact the Neogaf GB thread as a whole makes this one look like a wide-eyed fan club.

5 minutes ago, Trumpets said:

I would check it again - he gets even more shit from them as he does from here. In fact the Neogaf GB thread as a whole makes this one look like a wide-eyed fan club.

In a sense I feel sorry for the guy, but on the other hand I don't as we are talking about deliberate behaviours - the interrupting, try hard humour, etc.

The problem for Ben is he might find it hard to get hired.  All it would take is to watch a few videos/bombcasts to realise he is intolerable.

22 minutes ago, replicant said:

In a sense I feel sorry for the guy, but on the other hand I don't as we are talking about deliberate behaviours - the interrupting, try hard humour, etc.

The problem for Ben is he might find it hard to get hired.  All it would take is to watch a few videos/bombcasts to realise he is intolerable.

Brad has called him out a couple of times via other people's critical emails, and he immediately got very defensive. He has the attitude that anyone who criticises him for anything is a hater and should mind their own business, so it's little wonder he hasn't gotten any better.

On 28/09/2019 at 16:54, Mr. Gerbik said:

New thread title suggestion: Giant Bomb Moan Club

I know you partly jest but I think we get that the guys that hate Ben aren't going to change (and neither is Ben). Bit boring hearing you lot complain about the same thing every week. 

• Upvote 3

In positive news, I think Abby is doing an OK job at hosting the Beastcast whilst Vinnie is off, she was annoying as shit and mostly is still, but out of the two hires, she is the one who seems to be making moves in the right direction for the team, even if she does troll a lot of the fanbase with her comments about "fucking nerds" a little too often,  Ben's just fucking annoying, forever.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

I know you partly jest but I think we get that the guys that hate Ben aren't going to change (and neither is Ben). Bit boring hearing you lot complain about the same thing every week. 

I hear you, but to be fair - complaining about the same things over and over again describes the majority of our forum's content :)

• Upvote 1

A few people here reveal how old they are every time they get wound up by Abby's 'nerds' thing. :lol:

That hasn't been an insult for about fifteen years or more. 

• Upvote 5

The Beastcast is the only GB content I actively consume these days. The Bombcast is now unlistenable but the Beastcast has good energy to it and the hosts always keep the conversation moving. They also tease each other like a group of friends would do which the Bombcast doesn’t seem to do anymore.

2 hours ago, replicant said:

I get the impression they don't critically watch/listen to their own output, other than scrubbing through to make sure the audio is in sync before uploading.  If they did, I imagine they would notice how shite he renders certain conversations for the audience which might not have been obvious for the participants at the time.  But yeah, there's no way he would get a job in the industry if he lost his Giant Bomb position, so perhaps Jeff is aware of the problem and is keeping him on as an act of kindness.

Beast coast continues to be the best coast though, and the tall boy's got to take annual leave sometime.

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

A few people here reveal how old they are every time they get wound up by Abby's 'nerds' thing. :lol:

That hasn't been an insult for about fifteen years or more. 

MEwzGkH.jpg

1 minute ago, deerokus said:

You all realise of course that when Jeff retires or something Ben will be taking over as the head west coast guy. 

Come on. We've all had a few. Let's not say things we can't take back later.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Oh my, Drew just tweeted while standing in front of Abby's desk. I'm fully expecting a Beastcast which reunites Vinny and Drew tomorrow :wub:

Aww yeah baby.

Ben this week took all of 3 seconds before he interrupted Jeff with his "HURR".

I lasted 10 minutes and pretty much all of it was him talking absolute fuck.

He even asked Jan to tell us all more about something, then interrupted him immediately.

Fuck this guy, seriously. Nothing pisses me off more these days.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I thoroughly recommend not watching the Destiny 2 Shadowkeep quick look.  Its fucking maddening, for the usual reason.

• Upvote 1