rllmuk

Giant Bomb Fan Club

Worth when you get the chance watching the interview segment with Hugo Martin of Doom fame, Marty Stretton and 'random guy from Google Stadia'. Fascinatingly awkward chemistry as Google guy showed up in full on coked-up snake oil salesman mode. Comes across as a real slimeball, while Hugo Martin looks somewhat unimpressed. 

Google guy's over the top shilling made the whole Stadia thing seem even more alarming than I felt already. 

On 11/06/2019 at 10:59, replicant said:

Unsurprised, no doubt team members are fed up with the constant interruptions, talking over people and try-hard humour.

Their streams are called "We talk over....."    It's what they do all the way through.  The Ben hate in here is bizarre. Some of the stuff he's been accused of the other do too but you've entirely chosen to forgive them that.   

• Upvote 4
6 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Their streams are called "We talk over....."    It's what they do all the way through.  The Ben hate in here is bizarre. Some of the stuff he's been accused of the other do too but you've entirely chosen to forgive them that.   

It's not really bizarre though is it... He's a total bellend. I'd rather listen to a 24hr stream of Brad talking about Dota than Ben utter "Vlog means video blog". Fucking hilarious Ben. Well done you. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, idiwa said:

It's not really bizarre though is it... He's a total bellend. I'd rather listen to a 24hr stream of Brad talking about Dota than Ben utter "Vlog means video blog". Fucking hilarious Ben. Well done you. 

Calling Ben a bellend is a bit on the generous side.

Apart from the Phil Spencer interview, I've ignored all GB E3 content due to him. 

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Must admit I don't quite get the totally intense revulsion a few people have towards him. He's just boring and tries too hard to be funny, no big deal, it doesn't ruin anything for me. I found Patrick far more irritating. 

Meanwhile, Dan somehow ended up sitting in on a table read of the Simpsons where he met Werner Herzog. What a strange life that man leads! 

• Upvote 1
On 13/06/2019 at 03:58, deerokus said:

Google guy's over the top shilling made the whole Stadia thing seem even more alarming than I felt already. 

I found him quite interesting in that Stadia could effectively do something beyond anything we have ever seen before in gaming; they could could throw some absolutely massive computing power, far beyond any PC and couple that with game design that would be unshackled and deliver a real leap forward in graphics and AI.

Obviously this is going to take time but no doubt it will be coming to plant a line in the sand as to what can be delivered via Stadia/streaming.

I only just realised that the James Corden of gaming, Greg Miller, hosted EA's thing. How is that not dodgy as fuck? No one seems to be bothered by it.

That kind of shilly corporate cocksucking shit really makes me appreciate GB. 

• Upvote 2

He only did the EA show this year because Andrea Rene fell ill, she was originally scheduled to do it. But it's nothing new, he's been doing it ever since he left IGN and formed KInda Funny. He's been a main host for Playstation in the past and used to run a podcast called PS I Love You. As for why he gets away with it, as far as I can tell KF fans don't care.

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

I only just realised that the James Corden of gaming, Greg Miller, hosted EA's thing. How is that not dodgy as fuck? No one seems to be bothered by it.

That kind of shilly corporate cocksucking shit really makes me appreciate GB. 

He really is the fucking James Cordon of gaming! 

Well done sir.

• Upvote 1
On 14/06/2019 at 21:48, dave7g said:

He really is the fucking James Cordon of gaming! 

Well done sir.

He is. 70% of the time he is ok , but I absolutely hate the way he talks about himself in the 3rd person, "That's definitely a Greg Miller kind of game".

Also the way he fucking shouts on every podcast intro "Time Gettys AKA etc..." The list goes on.

Just listen to the Bombcast and the usual Ben DOTA chess shite...

Decided to listen to the Bombcast while commuting to/from work - been a while.

First, one of the ads is for a shaver for your balls and ball deoderant - man scaping.  Second, Ben continues to find it incredibly difficult to convey his throughts.  The Dota Auto Chess discussion is painful.

2 hours ago, replicant said:

Decided to listen to the Bombcast while commuting to/from work - been a while.

First, one of the ads is for a shaver for your balls and ball deoderant - man scaping.  Second, Ben continues to find it incredibly difficult to convey his throughts.  The Dota Auto Chess discussion is painful.

Manscaping? Just use Veet and a sharp

razor to tidy up. Innit.

What? Oh Giant Bomb... Jeff B’s solo section the E3 Beastcast was disappointingly painful. Like leaving Veet on too long and using a blunt razor.

• Upvote 2