rllmuk
Nespresso

Giant Bomb Fan Club

When Dan left the West Coast he basically said on the podcast he was paying $32,000 a year in rent, average rent in the city for 2018 seems to be pushing $40k a year for a one bedroom flat.  Brad lives in a rent controlled building, which as far as I can tell is set by the city, so he’s probably paying something altogether more reasonable. Jeff still lives in the town where he was born, I think he’s said many times he’s never been interested in moving to San Francisco even before Google and Apple money turned the place into an unaffordable shithole. I’m pretty sure Petaluma is where Ryan and Alex grew up too and those three guys knew each other years before they got into the video games caper. 

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Ben talking about the anime convention was so painful. 

Dear lord. That sounds like hell on earth. Thanks for the warning. Bullet dodged. 

16 hours ago, deerokus said:

Good news everyone. They've got Jan on the new Demo Derby instead of Ben. 

Thanks for the heads up! It's way more enjoyable, I hope they keep this lineup. Probably not though.

I'm listening to last week's podcast right now and not only was Ben going on and on about the Anime con, he really didn't have anything to say about it. So on top of not being good at telling a simple story, he literally didn't tell us anything. Same with his bit about Void Bastards. I'm playing that game at the moment and I really had trouble recognizing what Ben was describing as the same game. Until Jeff and Brad piped up he could have just as easily been describing a futuristic third person sandbox game - there was no way to know! How can someone who gets paid to talk about games, be so absolutely terrible and useless at talking about games?!

• Upvote 2

Yep, after several minutes of incoherent babbling it took Jeff to mention that it is an FPS.

It's a good job for Ben that it was Jeff who hired him, otherwise he'd have been out on his ear by now.

I do understand what you're all saying about Ben, but he really doesn't bother me as much as he clearly bothers you lot.

However, I've been listening to some Waypoint podcasts, and I think if I hear five more seconds of Cado, I'll go insane.

The latest Beastcast is incredible.

Dan playing Metal Gear 2 four times and yet not getting that it was in any way political :lol:

• Upvote 2

On 03/06/2019 at 16:47, The Mighty Ash said:

Ben talking about the anime convention was so painful. 

So so bad. I think I turned the podcast off.

This week Ben attempt to make a joke every 30 seconds and fails every time. I've had enough now, I'm done. He's just the worst.

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

Yeah Ben has single-handedly made me stop listening to the Bombcast. I'll be back for their E3 coverage as always but I can't deal with the pod anymore. Sad really. I've been listening for bloody years.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

I've been listening since pretty much day 1. It's not worth it anymore, just pisses me off instead of getting any enjoyment out of it.

• Upvote 1

Same here but I think the fact the Bombcast is both endless and aimless these days brings out the worst in him. He's great on the My First E3 podcasts with Abby and it's a shame that Ben doesn't appear on the Bombcast.

I tried to listen to the latest Bombcast today on the way home from work. I think I lasted less than 5 mins before I had to kill it... truly fucking awful. It's like listen to Beavis and Butthead on a loop. I've not listened regularly to the Bombcast since Ben came on board, and once in a blue moon I'll give it a go. But this is me out, I'm unsubscribing from it... its a total waste of bloody time now.

Beastcast uber alles!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Isaac said:

The latest Beastcast is incredible.

Dan playing Metal Gear 2 four times and yet not getting that it was in any way political :lol:

I know Alex sometimes crosses the line with his shouty shouty shit but he was totally justified in bawling at Dan. I'm still not sure if Dan is trolling the world with his thick as fuck shtick.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Scribblor said:

I do understand what you're all saying about Ben, but he really doesn't bother me as much as he clearly bothers you lot.

However, I've been listening to some Waypoint podcasts, and I think if I hear five more seconds of Cado, I'll go insane.

I don't even know who Cado is, but that podcast has always been terrible. 

Rob Zacny is very good on 3 Moves Ahead, however. 

• Downvote 1

I think he's the producer.

I tend not to mind the podcast when Austin is on there, to be honest. But Cado just laughs, loudly and obnoxiously at anything anyone says, or talks about Kingdom Hearts or Pokemon. Ugh.

1 hour ago, idiwa said:

I know Alex sometimes crosses the line with his shouty shouty shit but he was totally justified in bawling at Dan. I'm still not sure if Dan is trolling the world with his thick as fuck shtick.

I genuinely don't think he's thick or trolling, he is just from Kansas. It's so funny though.

He is the most politically unaware type of American.

5 hours ago, Isaac said:

I genuinely don't think he's thick or trolling, he is just from Kansas. It's so funny though.

He is the most politically unaware type of American.

I think that was more in reference to the burgeoning back catalogue of disingenuously idiotic things he says, unrelated to politics, seemingly in an effort to wind others up while he goes ‘what? I really did! What?!?’ Such as when he claimed that he didn’t know pirates actually robbed people, and thought they just sailed around drinking and singing. 

• Upvote 1

Safe to say after the recent Bombcast it is removed from my iTunes feed.  Not prepared to waste my time listening to Ben's inane chat.

Jeff needs to wake up and smell the coffee on this one. He is neither a good fit or particularly good at his job.  Unless his job is to annoy people.

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to believe that all the times Jeff and the rest of the crew have taken the piss out of Youtubers it's actually been out of envy for how successful they are on Youtube... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

pescsxtcv4331.png

I can’t be the only one who’s noticed an air of desperation over the last couple of months to push people more towards Premium and buying merchandise?

I thought it was odd when they advertised Premium memberships on the Bombcast but then I remember Jeff mentioning a few years ago that a large number of Bombcast listeners never actually visit the site.  He's also said in the past that membership subs were the only reason CBS bought them so if those are dropping and they are now affected by the stuggles that lost of other gaming websites have been dealing with it's easy to see why they are now pushing them more.