VN1X

Giant Bomb Fan Club

I've never forgetten a Bombcast from years and years ago where they were reading out a Nintendo DS release schedule or something and in so doing discovered the concurrent existence of both Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.

"Oh, guess they have two Irelands over there? Weird". 

• Upvote 1

Struggling to watch ANY of Giant Bombs new output these days, sadly. Listen to the Bombcast but that's about it these days :(

Yeah, they don't have any particularly engaging series on the go at the moment and there's no games coming out at the moment to cover. I am stunned they're still running that shitty Xcom series. For recent videos I recommend the GBE Megadate from July 6th.

It seems they'll soon start a GTA Online series which doesn't really appeal but might work with Dan and Vinny bringing their usual elements of chaos. 

There must be some weird adventure games out there for Vinny and Alex to have a good time with. Also, a Dan/Vinny Persona 5 series please. 

I still enjoy the Xcom series, even though it’s frustrating watching Dan doing his schtick and Abby blaming the game for her own mistakes.

I like Drew, but I’m not about to feel sorry for him that he only gets given $12k a month to travel the world making videos as and when he sees fit. 

• Upvote 2

It's funny, when Drew announced he was leaving and what he was leaving to do, I got the impression that Jeff didn't think it was that great of an idea.

Giantbomb is now 10 years old

I didn't follow Gamespot at all and only found out about who Jeff was and his firing from a thread here. All of those crappy Kinect games they played and the Bombcast made me a fan and while I don't watch as much content as I used to I hope they go on for years to come. 

On 11/07/2018 at 15:06, Simmy said:

Struggling to watch ANY of Giant Bombs new output these days, sadly. Listen to the Bombcast but that's about it these days :(

I haven’t even listened to a podcast since E3. I think I was getting a bit sick of them and just complained about what I did listen to. 

Hopefully when the release schedule becomes a bit more interesting I’ll give them another listen and get more enjoyment out of it. 

6 hours ago, deerokus said:

There's a couple of good new t-shirts. Unfortunately, thanks to trump, the import tariffs will kill your wallet. 

Yeah, I got stung for another £11 on delivery of mine, which almost wiped out the sub store credit.

On 15/07/2018 at 23:08, deerokus said:

Drew's patreon continues to bleed backing. 

https://graphtreon.com/creator/clothmap

Less than $12k a month isn't that much of an income at all in San Francisco, insanely*, and that's before all his costs and stuff. 

*I read some study that said 110k a year was the bare minimum just to live comfortably. 

He can move.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Gotta agree with the above, he’s a travel documentary maker, he doesn’t need to be in San Fran at all.

That and with failing to deliver on the kind of content he was promising, its not really a surprise 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm realllly struggling with the new Giant Bomb stuff at the moment. There just doesn't seem to be anything interesting to me coming out in the last while.

There's also no real current series they've got going that's interesting to me. Last thing I properly liked was the Sunshine series. Watched XCom for a while but tuned out a few weeks ago - it's just boring now. Tried the Garfield stream and Ben turned me off instantly. Couldn't stomach it. UPF is a humourless vaccum and the East Coast stuff recently on a Friday night has been pretty crap. That No Man's Sky stream was unwatchable.

Pretty much the only thing I'm checking out now is the Beastcast and that's got a free version. Can see my subscription running out and just not renewing after, which is a shame :(

• Upvote 1

The only time Abbey seems really engaged on the Beastcast is when they're talking about bodily functions or private parts. She pretty much admitted as much on this week's show. It's fucking weird. Did she grow up in a convent or something?

7 minutes ago, Trumpets said:

The only time Abbey seems really engaged on the Beastcast is when they're talking about bodily functions or private parts. She pretty much admitted as much on this week's show. It's fucking weird. Did she grow up in a convent or something?

Yeah and the only gaming stuff she seems to know about is Nancy Drew games, which I've got no interest in whatsoever.

Think I'm also going to start turning off the Beastcast when they get to emails - the amount of fucking cringe that gets read out is unreal at times. Hate to think what's been left on the cutting room floor.

I've cancelled my GB subscription although it doesn't actually expire until November. The last video series I enjoyed was Mario Sunshine and none of the recent videos or streams interest me at all. Maybe I'm just aging out of their content but I get all I need from the GB team from the podcasts so I'm not losing anything by no longer having access to their premium videos.

Just now, ryodi said:

I've cancelled my GB subscription although it doesn't actually expire until November. The last video series I enjoyed was Mario Sunshine and none of the recent videos or streams interest me at all. Maybe I'm just aging out of their content but I get all I need from the GB team from the podcasts so I'm not losing anything by no longer having access to their premium videos.

I was wondering the same but I frequently go back to their old stuff when I'm bored. It sounds a bit awful as I'm sure Ben is probably a nice person but I really wish he'd go somewhere else :(

They’ve been talking about playing GTA V a lot on the Beastcast recently, are they doing something with that?

I let my sub lapse a few months back and haven’t missed it at all. The only thing I had any interest in watching was the Mario Aces play date, but there’s no way I could justify paying to watch it.