VN1X

Giant Bomb Fan Club - How Not to Play Sekiro This Friday

Be worth looking for this in bargain bins once it actually releases, future classic :P

Be brave, you son of a bitches!

The sad thing is that it seems like that at some point someone working on it actually cared about that game. The city is quite detailed and has some rather attractive and atmospheric art design, and the lighting looks really nice. But oh god, literally everything else is so, so gloriously bad. I think every conversation with an NPC being so ridiculously passive aggressive would have been the highlight were it not for the last 15 minutes and the endless variations on 'be brave *swearword*'. I was in fits.

I want to know who thought 'Chris Raven' was a great name for a pirate and buy that person a drink.

I didn't realise games as bad as that still came out.

• Upvote 1

On the latest UPF I almost spilt my drink when Dan brings out the fact that he's not seen Hardboiled to which Rory reacts slightly aggravated even. :lol:

FUCKING DAN... They're talking about Hardboiled again and that he definitely needs to see it at some point to which he replies:

"Well if I can see it with dubs then fine. The whole reason I like movies is that I don't have to read."

FUCK MY CUNT!

EDIT: Eh guess it's a cultural thing as later they go on about how subs are distracting and force you to pay even more attention. I just can't deal with this stuff, crikey! :lol:

I'm so glad I live in a country where all of our foreign content is subbed instead of dubbed. If it were any other way I wouldn't be able to talk to you lot now. Wouldn't that be sad!

Two books.

FOUR books! One was a book about wrestling and there is another one about some famous baseball player or something. And a third air force gator is on the way.

Re subtitles: definitely a common American thing, it is a culture which just can't handle subtitles for some reason. Same reason they remake perfectly good 'foreign' films and tv shows.

Not just America mind, I noticed in France dubbed films and TV shows are way more common than subtitled. Oh Inspecteur Barnaby.

Thank god for Rory and Jeff to inject some actual proper info during the Q3 Live segment.

Unsurprisingly Dan doesn't know anything about Quake. GG.

FOUR books! One was a book about wrestling and there is another one about some famous baseball player or something. And a third air force gator is on the way.

Re subtitles: definitely a common American thing, it is a culture which just can't handle subtitles for some reason. Same reason they remake perfectly good 'foreign' films and tv shows.

Not just America mind, I noticed in France dubbed films and TV shows are way more common than subtitled. Oh Inspecteur Barnaby.

It's a catch 22. Subtitled films don't do well, so the distributors are afraid to release subtitled films. Consequently Americans aren't comfortable/familiar with subtitles, so subtitled films don't do well. We like to laugh at the Americans for their remaking everything but it's not the audience who are to blame.

Gosh, I'm a few months behind in podcasts so I seem to have completely missed the fact that Patrick Klepek left for Kotaku. I thought it was never quite the same after he moved away on his own, although I enjoyed Bombin' The A.M. as additional GB content and the occasional solo video. I see the haters are making out he got pushed. I hope not. He's come a long way from his annoying big hair 1Up days.

He apparently didn't get pushed, even though in most respects Kotaku is a big step down in terms of credibility and respect.

Most of his last year's worth of articles on GB were Kotaku-style pieces, it's clearly what he wants to do.

On another note, I'm loving Dan. I think he was a great choice even without the naive ignorance he professes to possess. Those videos with his dad were great, and the D&D one with him putting a bit too much detail into his character creation while the others smirk at him. Can't wait to see how that pans out.

I assume this is the date TBD feature they talked about on the podcast. Next Tuesday according to Dan's twitter.

B9vmJ-eCAAA6lrz.jpg

The three GI bouts were hilarious.

I don't know if it'll be more funny or less funny without the bleeps every half second.

• Upvote 1

There's a new demo derby up and Jeff references a show I've never heard of before. So I went hunting...

Amazing. :lol:

Demo Derby is becoming one of my favourite things, especially now they've brought Jeff in.

• Upvote 1

Has it been since Brad took over podcast duties? I always considered it to be a Wednesday thing so I can't say as I've noticed any difference in it being released.

beRoMjG.jpg

Oh, and Dan sparked out Tyson after about half an hour of trying. Drew seemed a bit miffed because he was expecting to get a weeks worth of content out of it. :lol:

Has it been since Brad took over podcast duties? I always considered it to be a Wednesday thing so I can't say as I've noticed any difference in it being released.

beRoMjG.jpg

Oh, and Dan sparked out Tyson after about half an hour of trying. Drew seemed a bit miffed because he was expecting to get a weeks worth of content out of it. :lol:

"I spent a week setting up this room!"

:lol:

I still have the last three episodes of Metal Gear Scanlon 2 to go, guess I better hurry and catch up

• Upvote 1

I just made a (seemingly) hilarious joke about Ashley Young on Reddit and someone has gilded me with Reddit Gold. With that I get two months free Giant Bomb premium membership. Tried to redeem it and it says the code is for new members only and I'm an active premium subscriber so basically I have a free code.

6A2BFAA4EA11

First come first serve (etc)

CODE NOW EXPIRED.

Edited by Nayson
  • Upvote 2