VN1X

Giant Bomb Fan Club - How Not to Play Sekiro This Friday

Wait until the next membership sale. You can't go wrong at $35 for a year, even if you only subscribe for the premium podcasts, which will be getting a few more shows added to it over the year if the PAX panel is anything to go by. The first episode of Dan and Danny's advice show is going up today, and there was the Spherecast, Dan and his dad's Christmas, Dan and Danny's family Thanksgiving and the Powerbombcast, which I listen to despite having no interest in wrestling just to hear Jeff complain.

Not to mention, on top of the audio stuff you can use one of the companion apps (Giant Bomb Video Buddy on iOS, for example) to download videos to your phone and play back whenever, or listen to when you're out and about. This is what I do, particularly for the stuff that's more suited to audio, like Bombin' the AM or Jar Time videos.

Actually, even if you never watch any of the content day to day, it's worth $35 just for Metal Gear Scanlon, the Velvet Sundown playthrough and Vinny trying his hardest to play Bot Colony (which has just shut down with only 800-odd copies sold).

Ah, cool, thank-you for the rundown! That all makes $35 a year (or the full $50) sound very, very good value. The Video Buddy is a great idea, would use that a fair bit in place of the regular podcast when out and about.

I had mixed feelings about Dan and his idiot persona but I do tend to agree with him about a lot of games stuff so he's okay I suppose. He adds some lightness and humour even if it is unintentional sometimes.

The one I have a problem with is Danny O'Dwyer. He's just so often wrong about things and it annoys me. He often talks like he's the authority on all things British/Irish/European and it's often complete bollocks. I can't put my finger on it but there's something about him that just irritates me. It's like he's getting away with something and I'm the only person who knows or something. Silly really.

I had mixed feelings about Dan and his idiot persona but I do tend to agree with him about a lot of games stuff so he's okay I suppose. He adds some lightness and humour even if it is unintentional sometimes.

The one I have a problem with is Danny O'Dwyer. He's just so often wrong about things and it annoys me. He often talks like he's the authority on all things British/Irish/European and it's often complete bollocks. I can't put my finger on it but there's something about him that just irritates me. It's like he's getting away with something and I'm the only person who knows or something. Silly really.

That's always how I felt about Spainkiller in his Bashers podcasts. Sorry Sam. :P

I feel the complete opposite about Danny! It's great to have a voice to instantly dispel a lot of their preconceptions and blind spots. In the heat of the moment he occasionally makes his personal experience out to be the definitive European experience, but no more than anyone else in that situation.

I didn't mind Danny, but this post on Tumblr soured me on him a bit. Apparently expecting a game to work after putting $60/£50 down on it is now 'entitlement'. That's utter bullshit. I'd understand it if people were asking for games to be something they're not, but really? I'd say the only thing you're absolutely entitled to when you put down your money, pre-order or otherwise, is for the product to, I don't know, work. Not this 'caveat emptor' corporate apologist shit.

• Upvote 3

To be fair to Danny O'Dwyer, he has had that status thrust upon him by everybody else.

It's a running joke that Danny is the authority on everything British isn't it? Like with the Don Bradman Cricket QL, where they kept asking him things despite him having zero clue about Cricket himself.

• Upvote 1

I get it's not his choice and he never starts it but he often talks a lot of shit. He wasn't as bad on this weeks podcast but he generally annoys me. No idea why really.

• Upvote 1

Oh man, that Hardline Quick Look. :lol:

I knew Jeff was gonna' have a great time with it. I mean, cops, criminals, lots of swearing and hiphop tunes. Can't go wrong with that!

I get it's not his choice and he never starts it but he often talks a lot of shit. He wasn't as bad on this weeks podcast but he generally annoys me. No idea why really.

His working class Belfast accent is spot on. He used it on Alt-F1 last year and it cracked me up.

Watching that now. Rory is a good Dan-handler.

Also, I've got a man crush on Drew. Such a strong silent type. :wub:

I bet he gets with the fairer sex like easy peasy lemon squeezy bingo bango bongo bish bash bosh!

Started watching the GB Unplugged: Pathfinder videos, and holy shit, Vinny is on top form with his role playing and all-round amazingness.