VN1X

Giant Bomb Fan Club - How Not to Play Sekiro This Friday

Jeff is a great host, and the bombcast is always better when he leads it - but he has said that he doesn't like to host, he'd much rather have fun shooting the shit as a guest. Sadly.

Each episode is only 10 minutes or so and it's all hilarious. Dan remembered loving the game as a kid but oh no turns out it's terrible. But now they're committed to the feature and Vinny blames him for getting them into this mess. 

• Upvote 1

I haven't looked at it yet but  it looks like East coast have done a Warframe playdate. I hope it's Dan rather than Alex playing because while both of them are going to be confused as fuck at least Dan will get totally into being a space ninja :)

While I'm still happily watching west coast content, the East Coast content alone makes my premium sub worth it. It's not only far better than the west side, it also feels like they're pumping out a lot more.

This is the run, Mass Alex, The play dates. Abby's sims stuff. Beast is having a real golden age while West coast is a bit stagnant. They seem to genuinely have fun. I was just listening to the Die another Friday stuff rather than watching it but it was hilarious.

West need to get a bit more adventurous and varied. I'd like to see more Jan led stuff too. UPF is getting pretty stale these days too.

Yeah, the east seems like they're genuinely having fun and they come across as a bunch of people I wouldn't mind drinking a beer with. It helps that Vinny/Dan makes for a hilarious combo, and Dan (whether you like him or not) is constantly coming up with new and silly ideas. I only wish Bakalar would have the time to join in more features.

I'm done with the bombcast, last week's episode and Ben constantly interjecting nonsense that went nowhere, forced me to turn it off.

Doesn't help they cover almost the same information except older half the time that the beastcast already covered.

I'll just be listening to the beastcast from now on.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

They do have twixes in America. Never tried those US import peanut butter ones? "

Some podcasts do have location and time specific ads that are injected in when you download them rather than being baked in when it is recorded. not the beastcast however. 

Even the episodes of Mass Effect 1 where they're just mopping up that game's terrible Mako exploration and copy and paste side quests are enjoyable like a podcast as said about Die Another Friday. 

8 hours ago, MrHendo said:

:huh:

They don't give out a UK specific mp3. Everyone downloads the same file.

Yes and no. Quite a few podcasts and networks use a system where ads are injected into the MP3 based on your location before you download it. Some networks inject the Associated Press "news minute" at the end before you download. This means if you download an episode of, for example, Retronauts from 2018, there'll be a little news summary for the day of your download at the end

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, scissorkicks said:

Yes and no. Quite a few podcasts and networks use a system where ads are injected into the MP3 based on your location before you download it. Some networks inject the Associated Press "news minute" at the end before you download. This means if you download an episode of, for example, Retronauts from 2018, there'll be a little news summary for the day of your download at the end

But aren't we talking aboutg Giant bomb who definitely don't do that?

Those ads are a fascinating insight into the American way of life. Apart from building your own website (beautiful), the Bomb Crew are just as easily promoting online prescription medicine and check-ups - because your health is important! So get to some website, it's easier than going to see a qualified GP. And of course there's also Dr. Dick, who's selling dick pills through his website (beautiful), just use the offer code WIENER PATRICK to get 10% off getting off! It's easy!

Really emphasizes how fucked everything related to health is over there. To them the notion of consulting some random dude calling himself a doctor on the internet is not even weird, it's just an everyday thing.

• Upvote 3

There's a thread on resetera where an Americian is asking Europe what it feels like to not have to worry about paying for your medical care.

The answer is obviously pretty damn fucking good but we never think about it unless an American asks.

Off topic for this thread but I always wondered what happens when an uninsured american gets really ill. Do they just die because they can't pay or do they still get treatment but have to declare bankrupcy?

4 hours ago, Flub said:

But aren't we talking aboutg Giant bomb who definitely don't do that?

I guess? Probably just a US Twix ad.

I actually don't listen to the podcasts any more. I just check in here now and again to see if I should try again. As you were.

8 hours ago, Pixelbark said:

In related news, retronauts have split from their previous host stating the lack of geolocated adverts as a bonus .

Retronauts has also gone to shit.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, idiwa said:

Is this part 15?

@Mr. Gerbik

Yes. Though I highly recommend just watching all the episodes or at least the previous 4/5 or so. It makes the frustration so much more palpable. The episodes are all really short btw, 10 - 15 minutes. And it's a really funny series.

• Upvote 1