rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny5

Formula One - 2015 Season

I was expecting to be disappointed with the McLaren and yet I was still disappointed.

No sponsors, exactly the same design as any other year despite "We're not going to be silver".

• Upvote 1

how will they monitor and regulate the CAD and CFD limitations? Surely they can sneakily do some calculations in a server hidden in the wall or something, or offshore some workload to staff member's home computers :)

- A number of new regulations concerning skid blocks to ensure that they are made from a lighter material (titanium) and are better contained.

does this mean a return to the days of sparks flying out the back as the car bottoms out?

SIIIIIICK!

B8iTIUECYAE4Cu7.jpg

Now that looks like a proper F1 car.

I though standing restarts had been quietly dropped when everyone laughed at the idea ?

I thought it was a great idea. :ph34r:

• Upvote 3

Certainly better than the McLaren :)

Also,

This years prediction game .. I'm toying with the idea of having a penalty system, to try and reduce the scores a bit.

so there would be a new category, number of DNF's 1-20 or however many cars turn up. Five points for a correct guess, but -1 point for each number away from the correct total.

So you guess 5 cars will not finish, and only 3 fail to get to the flag . = -2 points.

It would also work both ways guess 5 DNF's, Maldonado causes carnage on the first lap and takes out 8 cars = -3 points.

It would be pretty random, and might encourage players to just leave it at 3 DNF's and take the hits. But at places like Monaco or a wet Spa you could see a high penalty.

What do you think good idea or bad, or is there something else I could do ?

how will they monitor and regulate the CAD and CFD limitations? Surely they can sneakily do some calculations in a server hidden in the wall or something, or offshore some workload to staff member's home computers :)

Yeah I wondered that, and why the restriction at all. The restrictions are mainly there to stop costs spiralling aren't they? I like the idea of a back marker team getting ahead through clever use of software and also advancing the field trickle-down into other technologies.