Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate!

Keyboard Koala

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My god I'm so lost in this, in several ways!

Managed to join a room for online quests but no one spoke (well typed) and when I entered the mission no one else came along ... I'm sure I'm just being a noob

It's 1:20, I don't want to sleep and want to keep playing, I am 42 years old.

If you just stumbled into someone elses room and started posting quests then people hate that. Normally someone starts a room to farm a specific monster or do a key quest and the leader picks and posts the quests. You have to all have the quest then go to the gate and confirm you are ready, then the leader who choose the quest needs to confirm and off you go.

Dunno 100% how it works in this one yet tho.

If you just stumbled into someone elses room and started posting quests then people hate that. Normally someone starts a room to farm a specific monster or do a key quest and the leader picks and posts the quests. You have to all have the quest then go to the gate and confirm you are ready, then the leader who choose the quest needs to confirm and off you go.

Dunno 100% how it works in this one yet tho.

Ahh worked it out now, you just go to the big notice board and join that in the gathering hall, then go stand by the departure door

Utterly gutted! I've bought plenty of eShop titles from GAME before, and they have always sent the code out in plenty of time so that the download could be started the very second the title was available.

However, this time around there is still no code email. I talk to Gavin G on the GAME site's live chat, to be told that the code will be emailed to me automatically during opening hours tomorrow. Which, I can't complain about, as tomorrow is launch day. So, I ask if I can cancel my order, being as I have not yet received my activation email. You know, the way that the law of the land says I can? That way, I can instead go to a store for midnight and pick up a physical copy. The sole reason for opting for download was because I won't be at home to get the delivery tomorrow, I'll be on a train for most of the day.

There followed a ridiculous conversation in which I calmly and repeatedly told them that they are required to action my request, met with many long pauses and "I cannot cancel because the system" responses, the end result is that I will have to take this one, and just never use those fucks again. Really glad I emptied my reward card with the order.

Guess I'm stuck with 3U and the demo on my journey. ALTHOUGH, knowing me, I may well buy it once it comes onto the eShop regardless...

Fuck GAME. Fuck them with a Great Sword

A code has appeared! :omg:

Utterly gutted! I've bought plenty of eShop titles from GAME before, and they have always sent the code out in plenty of time so that the download could be started the very second the title was available.

However, this time around there is still no code email. I talk to Gavin G on the GAME site's live chat, to be told that the code will be emailed to me automatically during opening hours tomorrow. Which, I can't complain about, as tomorrow is launch day. So, I ask if I can cancel my order, being as I have not yet received my activation email. You know, the way that the law of the land says I can? That way, I can instead go to a store for midnight and pick up a physical copy. The sole reason for opting for download was because I won't be at home to get the delivery tomorrow, I'll be on a train for most of the day.

There followed a ridiculous conversation in which I calmly and repeatedly told them that they are required to action my request, met with many long pauses and "I cannot cancel because the system" responses, the end result is that I will have to take this one, and just never use those fucks again. Really glad I emptied my reward card with the order.

Guess I'm stuck with 3U and the demo on my journey. ALTHOUGH, knowing me, I may well buy it once it comes onto the eShop regardless...

Fuck GAME. Fuck them with a Great Sword

They're emailing them out now.

I cracked. I said I'd hold off but no. I need to play this game.

Ordered myself a New 3DS XL, charger and a copy of Monster Hunter 4 just in time for delivery tomorrow. Last Nintendo console I used online was the Wii (for Monster Hunter Tri - my first and last MH experience which I loved) so can anyone fill me in on if I'll need a new online account or will my old Wii account still be the one to use?

After an hour or two it's pretty much exactly the same as MH3U: no bad thing of course but I'm looking forward to some new stuff kicking in soon.

Also I'm still at the stage where I'm wishing it was on literally any other machine than the 3DS. That will pass too but oh, for a Wii U version.