rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
toythatkills

Club Nintendo's closing down (NEW: Goodbye Coin now available, 2000 Stars)

I have a Paper Mario Sticker Star code up for grabs. Drop me a PM if you would like it.

I thought I had enough for a coin but it turns out my Hyrule Warriors code has expired and I have already registered Paper Mario :(

EDIT: Gone to luth714. If anyone has any spares that I could put towards a coin, it would be much appreciated.

That's what I was thinking, although the lamp at least has a function. Not that I'm likely to actually use it. The lamp is also cheaper meaning I'd have enough left over for that pointless coin. They both seem to be worth around £50 on eBay too. Not that I'm likely to sell them.

Nnggg... I'll probably go for the diorama.

You'd struggle to use the lamp as a lamp, it's tiny and not very bright. If I'd had enough points I'd have got the diorama. The lamp is nice enough for an ornament though.

• Upvote 1

I have a Paper Mario Sticker Star code up for grabs. Drop me a PM if you would like it.

I thought I had enough for a coin but it turns out my Hyrule Warriors code has expired and I have already registered Paper Mario :(

EDIT: Gone to luth714. If anyone has any spares that I could put towards a coin, it would be much appreciated.

Balls. I'm 300 points short of the coin. Anyone have any spare codes?

I have 2 x Wii Sports left if either of you have not already registered the game, drop me a message and I'll get one each sent over.

I bought the soundtrack and Goodbye coin and have 600 points left. I was debating which CD to purchase but as I don't own Mario Kart 8 or 3D Mario World, it seemed pointless buying a soundtrack for games I don't have.

God, but the Australian Stars store is woeful. Ended up buying the CD, a Pikmin Tote case (last of the larger items left) and Mario Land 3 because it was the best thing left with what remained after those.

Although weirdly, the points cost for the Australian store is different, even though it's run through the EU store. Totally bizarre. Ah well. Stars all spent now. In real money terms, that's the most expensive tote bag -- most expensive bag, probably -- I'll ever own.

Right, I finally got round to registering all the unexpired codes I have and I'm left with 7200 stars. We're unlikely to get anything new worth waiting for in the next two weeks, right?

Left it too late, registered things Pikmin 3, Mario Kart, DKC which went through fine.

But Bayo 1, Bayo 2 and Hyrule warriors has expired? Any reason for the later games codes stopped working? Wanted to get a coin or CD. Can see I'm too late for coin anyway.

Lost tons of points from GC era when they reset. Didnt link my Wii and DS stuff and missing the boat on the lot above.

Nevermind.

Does anyone have a spare code or two?

I've got 1900 points which apparently gets you a ringtone and that's about it!

A bit more and I can at least get a snes game.

Well, looks like it's all over. 156 products registered since 2002 over two accounts, from the Gamecube and GBA to the Wii U and 3DS, making a total of 39720 stars.

post-543-0-15424600-1442313413.jpg

Club Nintendo 2002-2015. So long and thanks for all the tat.

• Upvote 2

Well, looks like it's all over. 156 products registered since 2002 over two accounts, from the Gamecube and GBA to the Wii U and 3DS, making a total of 39720 stars.

attachicon.gifnintendo_coin.jpg

Club Nintendo 2002-2015. So long and thanks for all the tat.

By god I just got a mail notification of your post and got a damn awful feeling in my stomach having thought you meant the club itself had finally closed and I'd have lost my 7k of stars!!

The coin looks good but a quick check and I'm not seeing it as being available. Do you know if perhaps they've all gone?