rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Do 71

Forza Motorsport 6

What boozy said - see what car you mate chooses then choose a car with a lower PI number. going up or down a class is (very roughly) worth about 10 seconds per lap.

I tactfully tried that (I even bought that appalling circa 2000 Pontiac Trans Am!), although still won by a margin. I may need to be a bit more overt, I guess.

You don't get much for maxxed Affinity. The Mod is manufacturer specific. Also, it is identical for each manufacturer (I have 3 or 4 now I think). As I use Mods, I tend to stick with a decent Generic as it saves swapping around.

One restriction I find annoying (and pointless really) is the number of Replays you can save. I wanted to keep my clean Combi lap of Le Mans and ended up deleting a couple of replays that highlighted a glitch at Lime Rock (to leave space for the next).

I tactfully tried that (I even bought that appalling circa 2000 Pontiac Trans Am!), although still won by a margin. I may need to be a bit more overt, I guess.

in that case, drink a shot of hard spirits when you complete each lap.

• Upvote 2

Playing through the single player mode on this and actually finding the racing a bit challenging. Finding it really difficult to get above 3rd.. :D In previous Forza games I found that I was hitting 1st pretty much after a lap or two. Not sure if its the rubbish AI in the older games or the Drivatar system is just too damn good.

Kind of enjoying it but finding it frustrating at times.... I guess its supposed to be a challenge.....

Overall not enjoying it as much as I did Forza 3 - the track selection they had in that was the best in the series so far IMHO. Miss the point-to-point races. Rain is fun though and adds to the challenge - not so fussed about night racing (never been interested in this anyway in any racer - enjoy blue-sky racing). Also having 24 car grids is fun but a double edge sword. First turn can turn into a bit of a demolition derby at times - especially on some tracks which are narrow.

Not finding time to play this online at all. So kinda given up with that aspect. Problem is I can't find that much time to play offline to get better- so soon as I do try the odd online race I'm just rubbish and really don't find the experience enjoyable. In the racers I did try there seems to be and mix of randoms doing stupid things and spoiling racing. Or people that are just too good.

Anyhow...

This is just excellent, isn't it? I'm coming from FM2, so I honestly can't remember if the track selection is good or not, but I'm actually enjoying tracks in this game. Career mode in other games is often a dull grind, but this I can't put down. I think Bathurst is my favourite track, that series of S bends uphill and downhill, then belting it down that long hill and having the minerals to not lift off as you bear right. I drove Lime Rock for the first time last night, which in the Ford GT is basically an exercise in constantly changing up and down the first 4 gears, but it's brilliant. Prague is breathtaking, and Nordschleife manages to convince you you're doing warp 9 even in a VW Kombi.

I also realized (and perhaps this is me being out of the loop on Forza) that you can go back and redo the earlier career tracks in all of the vehicle categories. I'll stop dithering over which to choose in future, I assumed it was a one time deal.

And the cars! I think this is the first game I've played where all cars feel genuinely different. The GT40 with only 4 gears but an engine note like thunder, etc. I fetched the F40 last night for one of the midway series, took a corner on Rio near the barrier as I normally do and launched the car up at a 45 degree angle - never done that before, or got any significant air elsewhere on that track, but the F40 is seemingly so rigid that it does. And you can tell it's rigid, if that makes sense. I don't know if any of that is true to reality, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

Anyway, I was grinning like a loon playing last night and had to come gush in the thread a bit.

• Upvote 2

I'm coming from FM2,

Oh indeed from FM2 to this is will be a breathtaking change! :)

I've played pretty much every Forza since the original.

Just wish they would keep some non-circuit based tracks in there like they had in 3. Although I enjoy the Alps and Prague circuits in this....

Anyway you are right it is exceptionally good really and I should whinge too much its pretty much the best racing game out there at the moment. The attention the detail here is staggeringly good as are the visuals.

I've been playing this non-stop all day and have just reached the Nightfall series, where you race in the pitch black against 23 other racers, and I'm in one of the most beautiful and satisfying paddle shift cars of all time; the F355 in red.

It's such a beautiful game, I've never played such an evocative racer before.

:lol:

I'm not even on Gold yet but would love to do some racing when I'm up and running.

I don't think I've played Forza online since Forza 2!

It certainly is!

I'm having such a good time with this game and so happy Turn 10 have upped the visual quality of photo mode. I love photography in racing games but the results I can achieve after only a few hours of play in Forza 6 are magazine quality. Seriously, if this was a shot in Evo Magazine I would not be able to tell the difference.

Ferrari%20360%20CS%20-%20Abu%20Dhabi%20H

Played several more hours of this last night and I'm falling in love even more. Found out you can turn the Driveatar opponents in free race mode down to 0 so you can have custom Time Trial modes like you could in previous Forza's, I was worried they had left that out.

I think the one of the big improvements in Forza 6 over the obvious like physics, visual, career structure and content is the Xbox One controller. If you don't have a wheel, it's such a vast improvement over the original 360 controller as the Impulse Triggers allow the driver to have such tactile feedback over the condition of the car. As soon as your breaking becomes too heavy the vibration through that specific trigger allows you to know its time to back off and be more delicate. It's such a small feature that you can mock it or brush it aside as just more vibration motors, but it makes such a massive difference to the play style, I'm stunned more people aren't raving about the Xbox One controller.

• Upvote 3

There's still an embargo on raving about xbox anything for the forseeable future. Watch what you say about Forza 6 or Driveclub and Project Cars fans will show up to neg you, call you a prick and start crying like a 4 year old lost in the supermarket because you think it's good at what it does.

;)

Me I'm still loving it. Despite the Endurance race series being over for the time being there will be a new TT this week.

Playing through the single player mode on this and actually finding the racing a bit challenging. Finding it really difficult to get above 3rd.. :D In previous Forza games I found that I was hitting 1st pretty much after a lap or two. Not sure if its the rubbish AI in the older games or the Drivatar system is just too damn good.

I'm finding that the Drivatars do seem to represent the skill of the real life players a bit more. I'll be in a race and comfortably out in front, thinking to myself that maybe I should increase the difficulty. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, Meatballs's drivatar comes sailing past me and drives off into the distance as if I was in the Flintstones mobile or something.

• Upvote 1

There's still an embargo on raving about xbox anything for the forseeable future. Watch what you say about Forza 6 or Driveclub and Project Cars fans will show up to neg you, call you a prick and start crying like a 4 year old lost in the supermarket because you think it's good at what it does.

;)

Me I'm still loving it. Despite the Endurance race series being over for the time being there will be a new TT this week.

:)

Although I enjoyed parts of Driveclub, the handling, career structure and track design was not up to scratch in my book. I loved the long ribbons of tarmac through the countryside feeling but the handling model did not sit well with me and coupled with AI who were ruthless, I lost interest with the single player and multiplayer too as me and my brother always bombed out trying to connect.

Project Cars was a lot better and had a great handling model with one of the best track selections I've seen so far but the handling with the controller was too twitchy and as the races became tougher, the controller was proving the weak point. Also, as Project Cars only really had GT cars, I missed watching a car review on YouTube or an old episode of Top Gear and being able to drive it. By all accounts, Forza 6 has the greatest car selection.

Track selection, car choice, physics, controller handling, audio, career, multiplayer, AI and just on overall general polish, Forza has it sewn up as far as I've played so far. :)

• Upvote 2

We're in the Forza thread so I should be safe! I'm not about to walk into the Driveclub thread, interrupting their season pass chat and blow their minds as you might be inclined to Boozy. ;)

I'm finding that the Drivatars do seem to represent the skill of the real life players a bit more. I'll be in a race and comfortably out in front, thinking to myself that maybe I should increase the difficulty. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, Meatballs's drivatar comes sailing past me and drives off into the distance as if I was in the Flintstones mobile or something.

Indeed they do... which only goes on to re-enforce how rubbish I actually am at this maybe.. :D

So perhaps its a good thing making it more challenging... I can always drop the difficulty level of the avatars down a bit I guess if it gets tedious.

;)

Can you just stop this, please? I own both FM6 and DC, and they're both excellent at different things. I can see you like Forza, from your driver level alone if nothing else, but there's no need to incite this fanboy stuff.

The winky smiley doesn't absolve you making a trite point.

• Upvote 2

Anyone know when the monthly rivals challenges will be getting an overhaul? Feels like these ones have been hanging around for ages, and there's not many of them either.

Not that I'm anywhere near the top of my friends list on any of them, I just wish they'd change them up a bit more regularly.

"Next week promises to be an exciting one. In addition to the release of the latest DLC car pack for Forza Motorsport 6, we’ll have the details on the next Forza 6 content update, both of which will be arriving on Tuesday,” said Brian Ekberg, Community Manager at Turn 10 Studios. “And then we’ve got something special coming that I think you folks are going to really like. I don’t want to say anything more right now – in fact, I can’t say anything more – so I’ll just leave it at that. Such a tease!”

• Upvote 2

There's an interesting thread on the forza forums where they've put out clues for the cars in next weeks DLC. gumpert Apollo seems very likely to be one of them.