rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Do 71

Forza Motorsport 6

I hate this new system. though I have been getting a good number of downloads for my groups (the usual retro logo stuff) in the last few days.

you can still do that but it's a PITA - you have to be in the paint editor, in "apply a vinyl shape". it will show you a page of the latest "Recommended" groups that are uisually shit, but you can hit the menu button to search.

• Upvote 2

you can still do that but it's a PITA - you have to be in the paint editor, in "apply a vinyl shape". it will show you a page of the latest "Recommended" groups that are uisually shit, but you can hit the menu button to search.

Wow that's a bitch of a UI but thank you :)

Has this not been selling so well? Disappointed in how few races my drivatar seems to be doing while I'm offline compared to Horizon 2. That had something like 20-30 races each day I logged in. But so far I'm being told maybe 3-4 races with this. Seems odd considering the number of cars per race.

If your just testing a car for tuning, you can use y to go straight to track in the tuning area.

Its a bit quicker.

But yeah, theres a bit of backtracking during sp races esp. If you need to change a car.

Yeah, the main issue with loading does seem to be loading in the opposition cars (and liveries, and drivatar data). Going into a test session from the tuning menu is very quick, so it's not track loading that's the issue.

The UI is a real pain in this, really slow. Getting from playing an event to choosing a different car takes an eternity unless I'm missing something.

Yeah it is a bit glacially slow... Just trying to buy the 10th Anniversary cars is a PITA... not sure if there is a way to just buy all in one go somehow. But click.. view car... buy...paint... etc. 10x over. Hmmmm. Still haven't bothered getting them all yet... :)

Tonight at 9 - Le Mans Bugatti with Japanese C500 cars in the rllmuk endurance cup!

Think its probably worth taking me of the roster for this. Don't get enough time to practice or play without committing to online racing too. Sigh. Might have a stab at the time trials now and again though.

The only thing grating for me, is that it isn't as open as older Forza's. I'm not keen on being forced to use faster and faster cars as I move along the career. Older games let you have quite a wide choice of cars to race on as you fancied. I'd like to be able to do the night or rain series in the lower class cars.

What was that track from Forza 4 that had a mountainy section, but the full course went into the orange and white emblazoned race track? I'd like to see that make a come back.

Camino Viejo - 3 tracks combined into a mega course. We can only hope they have plans to reintroduce a classic map pack around E3 2016.

I suspect they'll concentrate on adding night and or wet racing to tracks already in the game though. Bathurst in the wet is a glaring omission possibly not included due to difficulty though. Maple in the wet would be the tits though. Meanwhile there's enough content track wise for not adding anything being a possibility too.

• Upvote 1

For Sale 1967 Eagle Westlake F1

CTqAJNf.jpg

One careful owner, used once.

24 miles on clock

Slight staining in seating area.

Offers over 1.2 million forzoids

Serious interest only....

Staining occurs at 0:01 in the video below.

9b170FE.jpg

Further damage to interior occurred during this overtake at high speed.

hGnzpAP.jpg

• Upvote 3

The only thing grating for me, is that it isn't as open as older Forza's. I'm not keen on being forced to use faster and faster cars as I move along the career. Older games let you have quite a wide choice of cars to race on as you fancied. I'd like to be able to do the night or rain series in the lower class cars.

What was that track from Forza 4 that had a mountainy section, but the full course went into the orange and white emblazoned race track? I'd like to see that make a come back.

I made the mistake of doing the last sequence in the second tier in bloody sports utility snorers.

http://techau.com.au/john-wendl-it-takes-4-5-months-to-build-tracks-for-forza-motorsport-6/

To create tracks in Forza Motorsport 6, Turn 10 Studios sends teams of 6 people around the globe capture each location in serious detail. This is done by laser-scanning each track, often at night as the busy schedules of most locations mean that after the sun goes down is the only time available. The laser scanning uses a Time of Flight (TOF) camera, in which the entire scene is captured with each laser or light pulse.

With every release the accuracy of the scans improve thanks to constantly improving camera technology. Despite the developments, you can’t simply strap one of these to the top of car and drive a lap and be done. The capture process is multi-tiered and also involves the use of a backpack style sensor for finer accuracy, so the entire circuit needs to be walked, multiple times.

There’s also high resolution photography taken (obviously this requires daylight), for the team generate textures from and ensure the final product accurately reflects the real environment.

This capture team typically spends between 3 and 4 days at the circuit, depending on the size and complexity. Tracks like our very own, world-famous Bathurst and the dreaded Nürburgring amongst the most intensive.

Once the data at the track is collected it’s then sent back to a team of around 15 artists back at HQ that take the data and inputs it into the game engine. Thanks to the accuracy available in the data, bumps in the roads and even surface changes are captured and reflected in the game. Once textures and lighting are added, crowds, buildings, and other landmark environmental features, the entire process has taken a staggering 4-5 months to complete.

Obviously with so many tracks in Forza 6, there’s not a single team that creates the tracks in the game, to deliver on their 2 year development cycle. Turn 10 Studios have multiple teams dedicated to track development.

It’s easy to talk about, but seeing photos of the game in development, really helps us understand the ridiculous human effort required to ship a game like Forza 6. Check out the gallery of photos below from Mount Panorama’s Bathurst track and you start to realise why this time around, the elevation changes the commentators continually rave on about, are actually felt in the game this time.

Above we see a couple of shots from the final game, but below are shots of Bathurst like you’ve never seen before. These images are derived from the data captured from the track, once it gets stitched back together. It may looks rough, but compared the level of detail computers from autonomous cars can see, there’s a stunning level of accuracy here. Dimensions, angles, depths and elevations are all key here, so the track we end up racing on, isn’t an approximation of a track, it is the real track.

Bathurst_LaserScan_01.jpg

Bathurst_LaserScan_02.jpg

• Upvote 3

Can anyone recommened a good wheel for this. I was looking at the new Logitech G920 or the Thrustmaster TX 458, which seems to have good Force Feedback. but has reliability problems.