rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Do 71

Forza Motorsport 6

Playground have proven themselves with the Horizon games to be far greater than just piggybacking the Forza tech. They should be given the opportunity to either make what they want or expand the Horizon model to a TDU massively multiplayer racing model. TDU with cloud tech powering it 24/7. Always online allowing a massive expansion in environment and player count. Forza Horizon Worldwide with Airports allowing intercontinental travel to the greatest roads around the globe.

Meanwhile FM6 gets better the more you play it. The car selection is big enough to sustain play over hundreds of hours, the track selection and overall quality shows each one is built for thousands of laps. The weather and night racing adds to the overall package in a way that transcends other racer's dynamic cycles. With each being an extreme example the concentration required and immersion levels go stratospheric in comparison to a gradual change over the course of a few laps.

As ever it rewards in direct comparison with what you put in to it. Those looking for a casual racer where they can play in short bursts will still find the same stuffy and dry game that Forza has always been. Those who open their senses to the subtleties of the audio, graphics and physics model will be rewarded in kind.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That would indeed be awesome!

Just making my XBO work with PGR 4 would be enough for me! Lurved that game. Weather effects in 2007 what :D. Bikes were even a fun addition. That game was a riot online...

• Upvote 1

Playground have proven themselves with the Horizon games to be far greater than just piggybacking the Forza tech. They should be given the opportunity to either make what they want or expand the Horizon model to a TDU massively multiplayer racing model. TDU with cloud tech powering it 24/7. Always online allowing a massive expansion in environment and player count. Forza Horizon Worldwide with Airports allowing intercontinental travel to the greatest roads around the globe.

Meanwhile FM6 gets better the more you play it. The car selection is big enough to sustain play over hundreds of hours, the track selection and overall quality shows each one is built for thousands of laps. The weather and night racing adds to the overall package in a way that transcends other racer's dynamic cycles. With each being an extreme example the concentration required and immersion levels go stratospheric in comparison to a gradual change over the course of a few laps.

As ever it rewards in direct comparison with what you put in to it. Those looking for a casual racer where they can play in short bursts will still find the same stuffy and dry game that Forza has always been. Those who open their senses to the subtleties of the audio, graphics and physics model will be rewarded in kind.

Agree.

That is what I like about the Forza games the details. The engine sounds the Autovista mode. There is just so much here. Last night I was just having fun challenging myself round a very wet 'Ring. It for some reason has always captured me more than the GT series on the PlayStation just can't put my finger on why. Everything just works so well the controller the feel of the car through the controller. You can almost feel the tyres flexing on the track through it. :)

The other thing is the racing. The AI cars have always felt more realistic in Forza right back since the first time I played the original. Oh and painting and tuning... Photo mode, live integration etc etc

Never found Forza dry at all just a game by passionate car fans for passionate car fans. Simple. It's like someone got my imaginary tick list of perfect things to be in my perfect car game and ticked off each and every one.

Anyway looking forward to getting stuck into this! If I had only one thing from T10 that would be some of the tracks from F3. Loved the mountain tracks of Japan and the Almalfi coast in Italy. In general loved the variety and having point to point races was great...

Wish they'd do more track packs than just car packs as DLC. I'd be more interested in new tracks than cars.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it's nice to have a variety, because you cater to the fact that one person positively loved the Evo VII over the X, or whatever, but there comes a point where it's just noise. I'd rather new tracks.

• Upvote 1

I still think Horizon 2's game world was not as interesting as the original game which felt like there was a festival going on. It had a smaller map but world itself was a lot more fun to race around with no cross country stuff which I didn't find to be as much fun. The Storm Island DLC is the best thing about it but I'm probably biased because I was never great at the rally dlc for Horizon 1.

Loving this game again after a long lay off from Forza. The random multiplayer games are really pissing me off though and I've probably had my fill already after being wiped out so many times intentionally when I'm doing my best to avoid everybody else.

Unless you get off to a flying start it seems pretty impossible to have a clean lap.

Are there any forum groups?

The weather and night racing adds to the overall package in a way that transcends other racer's dynamic cycles. With each being an extreme example the concentration required and immersion levels go stratospheric in comparison to a gradual change over the course of a few laps.

What a load of rubbish. Watching the sun go down over Spa was amazing in the Endurance race I was part of this week In Project Cars. If that feature was in Forza you'd be all over it. As it happens to be in a game that you aren't choosing to play (and as far as I know have never played), you have to have a sly dig.

This does sound really good though, very tempted to bet an Xbox One again.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Forza Horizon 2 had dynamic weather, this is better. Put some cream on your sore arse.

Edit : I justified my point with the increased immersion that the wet and pitch black brings. You berate me for not playing a game I never mentioned in the same breath tell me I'm talking rubbish when you haven't played this. P Cars was an unplayable mess on the Bone at launch, to the best of my knowledge it still is, based on the number of pre-owned copies filling shop shelves. I know it works on your preferred platform with a £300 peripheral, but I get the feeling you're bum's a wee bit sore as you can't get the numbers to fill a grid for your race nights.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

What a load of rubbish. Watching the sun go down over Spa was amazing in the Endurance race I was part of this week In Project Cars. If that feature was in Forza you'd be all over it. As it happens to be in a game that you aren't choosing to play (and as far as I know have never played), you have to have a sly dig.

This does sound really good though, very tempted to bet an Xbox One again.

pCARS is a great game has to be said. Although not sure about XBO version I have it on PC.

Dont think its as smooth as Forza on XBO I'm lead to believe....

i never see the big deal about dynamic day/night cycle - it always feels wrong how you go from bright sun to pitch dark in 30 seconds. I've said before in this thread how I hate night racing in other games but this is superbly implemented, I'm doing the first night series and le mans and spa at night are spectacular as you go from the well lit paddock areas into the pitch black circuit.

I can see the point more about dynamic weather and now they've nailed for the first time in a game wet weather racing be interesting to see if they can get it modelled to same level of detail in a more variable cycle with the current processing power.

• Upvote 2

DC did that right by allowing you to define the rate at which time elapses, so you can have a subtle or full day cycle as desired.

As an aside, rain looks better in DC, but I'm finding it more fun in Forza. For one, wiper blades actually do something, whereas water accumulation on the windscreen or camera is way over the top in Driveclub, almost like I've got a fish tank instead of a polished surface that water should fly off at speed.

• Upvote 1

DC did that right by allowing you to define the rate at which time elapses, so you can have a subtle or full day cycle as desired.

As an aside, rain looks better in DC, but I'm finding it more fun in Forza. For one, wiper blades actually do something, whereas water accumulation on the windscreen or camera is way over the top in Driveclub, almost like I've got a fish tank instead of a polished surface that water should fly off at speed.

Just done a career race at Sebring in the wet. Its a lot of fun :) Never remember the rain feeling so "wet" in DC. Certainly pulls your steering round :)

League races are impossible in this. Unless you're at the front and manage to get a clean getaway the first braking point usually means someone is going to punt you off the track by crashing into the back of you. If you're on a street track and somehow manage to make a clean getaway at some point in the lap you'll be confronted with this and nowhere to go.

post-243-0-78532900-1442680756_thumb.jpg

Trying to get better rivals by getting better results than these morons isn't easy when they keep crashing into me sending me to the back.

Edit : I justified my point with the increased immersion that the wet and pitch black brings. You berate me for not playing a game I never mentioned in the same breath tell me I'm talking rubbish when you haven't played this. P Cars was an unplayable mess on the Bone at launch, to the best of my knowledge it still is, based on the number of pre-owned copies filling shop shelves. I know it works on your preferred platform with a £300 peripheral, but I get the feeling you're bum's a wee bit sore as you can't get the numbers to fill a grid for your race nights.

Typical, you talk rubbish and then piss and moan when people call you on it. You've done some serious reading between the lines if you think I'm berating you too. I can't be bothered to get into a conversation about any of your other points because it's just your standard playground xbox fanboyism talking.

Anyway, I'm bidding for a bone on ebay at the moment so I may well pick this up. Hopefully get some races on the go at some point.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

You're talking rubbish. You've shat up the thread because you got defensive over my offering an opinion that didn't criticise T10 for not going dynamic but instead praised what they've done and stated it had succeeded in offering alternate race conditions over it's competitors.

edit : I hope all my neggers are joining us on Sunday night and not just sore arsed PS4 owners upset because the bone has another exclusive that's better than mediocre and won't be getting traded in after a few weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Forza Horizon 2 had dynamic weather, this is better. Put some cream on your sore arse.

Horizon 2 had dynamic graphics with barely any change in handling over a wet surface. It's no wonder you feel that the comparison between that and Motorsport 6 where conditions are at least actively properly simulated is night and day.

There is much more skill involved in coping with a transitioning track and knowing when to make strategic changes accordingly. The risk/reward of that over permantly cold/wet conditions is significantly greater. That said, the extra challenge and enjoyment that the conditions offer are superbly implemented and executed. It's just never going to be as good as those games which offer it on a dynamic level and properly simulate it.

I'm having a hard time getting into the package overall though. Looks like I missed the sign up for the championship (other issues with that but I'll let it go) and the single player is the same dippy shit slog it always has been. If you're not playing good organized multiplayer then you're once again left with a Motorsport side of Forza that features a lacklusture single player component that doesn't stand up to its peerless handling model and excitement.

Just done a career race at Sebring in the wet. Its a lot of fun :) Never remember the rain feeling so "wet" in DC. Certainly pulls your steering round :)

The Dam Busters tour race.

Anyway, I'm being a bit of a plank because I can't find that Grosjean challenge. I clicked the message they sent me in game, but it took me to something else. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

The single player career goes through peaks and troughs depending on your enjoyment with each group of tracks. I'm curious about your dynamic systems comment and exactly which game(s) you're referring to.

Grosjean -

Go Race > Rivals > Monthly > Time to Shine Challenge

Cheers.

Also, silly question, but am I required to win? I'm doing these career races and have the various difficult options such that I'm generally on the podium. It doesn't seem bothered if I don't win, though.

pCars is the obvious one. And then there's Gran Turismo which has dynamic weather and a proper day/night cycle as of GT5 (albeit not on every track, just like FM6). Day/night cycle was in the fantastic Le Mans 24 Hours on the Dreamcast too (and Codemasters' GRID). The F1 games have featured it for donkeys years, even going back to Geoff Crammond's GP3.

I've probably missed some as this is not a new thing. It's just going to require completely new engine technology to deal with it in Forza's world of prebaked conditions. What Turn 10 have done in simulating the conditions should be applauded. What they've done in actually bringing those conditions to Forza is woefully undercooked.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ignoring PCars, (the game is dead to me after the botched Bone launch) I've played a few of those mentioned and my original point was that none of my previous experience with these systems holds a candle to some of the night races I've experienced online in the past week for getting the sweat running down my bumcrack and producng multiple "OMGs" from the participants.

That's all I was saying until Snarky got the hump.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I find that ridiculously hard to believe. Night racing in rFactor is fear unleashed. When Codemasters F1 worked the wet racing was seat of your pants shit, especially online - I know at least 10 other people on here who would agree.

He got the hump (and not even the hump until you were an arse to him, he made a pretty balance statement on virtue of the features concerned) because you made a broad sweeping statement about something that Forza has brought to the table very late. The impact is diminished. As usual you assume Forza is the market leader in this when it's very much playing catch up as far as new features go.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I'm in the Forza thread, I only own a Bone, I have no interest in real simulators or real simulator users. I love my Forza games, the sole reason I still game. I stand by my original statement as an xbox gamer. If someone responds to my posts with "what utter rubbish", then tears me a hole over something I didn't say then I'm justified in telling them to do one.

Back on topic this game is brilliant no matter what the simulator/ real driving games players say.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1