rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Do 71

Forza Motorsport 6

For those who have got the game - can you start racing career races with higher powered cars from the start or do you have to work up from the slower cars?

you have to use some of the slower cars first in career mode, however you can use free play and rent any of the cars in the game to drive on any track (though you don't get XP or credits i don't think) the career has 5 tiers from super street - sport icons - grand touring - professional racing - ultimate motorsport and in each you get a choice of 6 different types of cars? so in the first tier or "volume" on career mode you get a choice of using

compact sport coupes

japanese street kings

hot hatchbacks

rally day heroes

ultimate spocom

classic compacts

during the 3 series of events in the tier, so it gives you a lot of choice in that respect. but mostly D class or C class iirc to start off with

league play is not so bad pay-out wise if you finish relatively well, out of the 241 racers in the introductory league ranked play event i came 23rd and got a 240,000 credit bonus

Here's the full replay of our super-close Modern GT race on Spa from the other night - three cars alongside into Blanchimont at 4:40! :o

• Upvote 5

It pleases my painterly side that they've updated the GTE ferrari to the modern bodykit. the old one had huge holes in the bonnet...

that was a brilliant battle Joe, apart from me spinning on the first lap and throwing away the lead on the final chicane trying to defend the inside and outbrake you. Everything inbetween was awesome.

So, this game is straining my 20meg internet, but it's 20% downloaded and that's enough to begin playing, apparently.

My initial reaction to that Rio track and part 1 of 3 of the newcomer tournament is that it's not got the visuals of Driveclub, but I think makes up for it being buttery smooth higher framerate and (somehow, don't know the technical reason) looking sharper.

Rumble in the triggers is a brilliant touch.

Edit - 50%, enormous download. Anyway, this is just brilliant, isn't it? As much as I love DC, I think the arcade handling there has got me really out of practice, and (on Hard) I'm sliding off the track constantly, so it's taken a while to get back into more of a sim driving style.

Pulled a Veyron, a million bucks, and the AE86 on my first 3 spins!

I'll post about the XB1 in the other thread.

• Upvote 2

On the subject of the cars sliding more than any other racing game, a little explanation...

Most cars have a good stock tune. Good enough to get you around the track anyway, but some require a bit more work before you get the best out of it. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious below.

First, make sure you warm op the tyres a lap or two (hence I think 3 lap races are a bit silly) before you really start to abuse them. When they are properly warmed up, you'll notice the difference, so take it easy at first. Avoid drifting through corners (unless that's your thing, in that case you should not be joining proper races but drift races instead :P) and prevent your tyres from screeching too much. They will overheat, meaning you will lose even more grip as the rubber starts to blister. Make sure you have the right speed before entering a bend - slower is in most cases faster in the end (slow in, fast out).

Secondly, look for a good tune/setup made by other people. The ratings usually indicate the quality of the tune, but that's not always the case. You can tune yourself if you're savvy enough (always go for better tyres/brakes/suspension first before maxing out the PI - handling should go before power). Adding more downforce to the car helps to increase grip as well, but mostly only for the faster classes (B and up).

Forza Motorsport takes pride in its tyre simulation, but it's still a game and it might not be entirely accurate compared to the real thing, but the above description is generally how you deal with any lack of grip of the tyres in the FM series. Street car tyres (even the el-cheapo ones on your own car) usually have a lot of grip for the speeds that you normally do (hence they have speed limits), take the same street car to a track though, and you'll notice that they are not well suited for high speed cornering. It's exactly the same in the game.

I hope that helps!

• Upvote 2

ga0H67e.jpg

2837039-9437884931-jimp9.gif

Must finish my Sunoco Ferrari Penske decals as that car's screaming for that paintjob.

So, question to folks with the game - what's the economy like? how long does it take to earn the cash (spins aside) for that Ferrari, for example?

dinero.gif

The game is disgustingly generous. That Ferrari is 880,000cr and is one of the more expensive cars in the game. Depending on assists/drivatar difficulty you're looking at 20,000cr minimum rewards for a short race. After a couple of hours multiplayer I'd be surprised if you couldn't afford it. VIP membership doubles your cash reward per race so that may be skewing my interpretation and the rewards system gave me 25 million to get started with.

Within 3 spins I had a Veyron, an F1 variant and 1,000,000 CR. that's my luck out for the foreseeable.

INTEREST PIQUED.

I can't be arsed to farm for cars. Just gotta go fast.

I've also pre ordered the Elite controller. If I can't have a wheel for this I might as well get the Elite.

dinero.gif

The game is disgustingly generous. That Ferrari is 880,000cr and is one of the more expensive cars in the game. Depending on assists/drivatar difficulty you're looking at 20,000cr minimum rewards for a short race. After a couple of hours multiplayer I'd be surprised if you couldn't afford it. VIP membership doubles your cash reward per race so that may be skewing my interpretation and the rewards system gave me 25 million to get started with.

Excellent.

Strongly considering picking this up as I haven't played a racing game in a long time. What's the learning curve like for beginners these days? Would potentially like to hone my skills and participate with the community on this one ^^

• If you haven't played it,I'd suggest tracking down a cheap copy of Forza Horizon 2, FM6 is still very stuffy and dry just like the previous games. FH2 is a wonderful playground of scenery and fast cars and fun.

• Upvote 1

• If you haven't played it,I'd suggest tracking down a cheap copy of Forza Horizon 2, FM6 is still very stuffy and dry just like the previous games. FH2 is a wonderful playground of scenery and fast cars and fun.

Completely agree with this, FM6 is a pure racing game but if you want something a bit more freeform and less linear then FH2 is an amazing driving game.

Within 3 spins I had a Veyron, an F1 variant and 1,000,000 CR. that's my luck out for the foreseeable.

And now by level 7 spin a LaFerrari and a 370Z. :lol:

Completely agree with this, FM6 is a pure racing game but if you want something a bit more freeform and less linear then FH2 is an amazing driving game.

Me to. Or just get both! :D Best of both worlds....

FH2 very much reminds me of what an open world Project Gotham racing would have been or at least it feels like a natural successor to the PGR series.

Always enjoyed having both type of games.... But then I am a car nut...