rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Do 71

Forza Motorsport 6

forza6_keyart_vertical_v1_rgb.jpg?h=789&

Just as Ford has pushed the boundaries of car technology in GT, Forza Motorsport 6 will embrace that spirit of innovation as our most technically advanced racing simulation to date, offering a fun and realistic automotive experience for both car lovers and gamers, said Dan Greenawalt, creative director at Turn 10 Studios. Were excited to unveil gameplay at E3 in June.

The Forza Motorsport 6 cover will feature the Ford GT and the game will include other Ford performance vehicles including the Shelby GT350 and F-150 Raptor. Details about the game will be released later this year.

• Upvote 2

is this on a cycle now with Horizon meaning that this should be out in Oct/Nov this year ?

it will of course handle beautifully and look lovely but the big question for me will be how many new tracks - its all they can do really beyond social media tinkering about structure - I don't see them doing anything radical and going open world with it

oh, and no micro transactions please.

is this on a cycle now with Horizon meaning that this should be out in Oct/Nov this year ?

it will of course handle beautifully and look lovely but the big question for me will be how many new tracks - its all they can do really beyond social media tinkering about structure - I don't see them doing anything radical and going open world with it

oh, and no micro transactions please.

Yeah will be interesting to see what they do with it really. Drivatars in 5 were great. Weather maybe?

For me Forza 4 will take some beating mainly because I can use my wheel with it :D.

If this makes the same evolutionary leap we saw last gen from the first 360 Forza to the second one....

http://youtu.be/0GQ3QctkXEg

vertigo-gif.gif

Yeah really hope it does! Remember the jump from Forza 2 to 3 on the 360 it was simply staggering. Particularly like the point to point road circuits in Japan and Italy. Thinking about the jump from 3 - 4 was significant too with 16 player races and a lovely lighting model.

Problem I always find with Forza is T10 never do many additional tracks as DLC, Plenty of cars but no tracks. Suppose they are considerably more expensive to produce than cars...

Hopefully there will some some more interesting tracks on this one with some more open point to point drives like they introduced in 3.

They've added a box shot and some press picks of the Ford GT:

http://www.onlineracedriver.com/2015/01/13/forza-motorsport-6-announced-detroit-auto-show/

I'm with Boozy - hopefully it'll be a similar leap to FM2, considering 5 was a launch title. There's a good chance, FM6 was already planned and 5 was a step along the way. The big thing for me will be whether the online racing/league side is improved back to where it was, and hopefully somewhere better, as most of the big racing leagues are struggling a bit at the moment, and the club/team side has become harder to sort.

Plus Project Cars might push them a bit harder on the sim side...

I'm praying for new tracks - they are waaaay more expensive to produce than car packs, but are much, much needed after 10 years of Forza. Especially when I look at the updates for other games, e.g. iRacing, who regularly add a new track or two each year at least.

Forza 5 was crippled by the lack of tracks. Probably down to having to get the game out the door for the consoles launch but nonetheless things got stale too quickly. Beyond that some tracks have been overexposed in too many car games (Silverstone) and some shouldn't be there in the first place (Top Gear test track).

• Upvote 3

You can't over expose Silverstone, It's an iconic racing track. That's like saying Mario features too many times in Mario Bros games.

EA's exclusivity deal with Porsche is up this year so hopefully.....

You can't overexpose Silverstone, It's an iconic racing track. That's like saying Mario features too many times in Mario Bros games.

EA's exclusivity deal with Porsche is up this year so hopefully.....

There's plenty of iconic tracks. It can switch with something else.

It was a new version of Silverstone.

Anyway I've been playing a lot of FM5 since November and the handling model is so precise it has made me enjoy tracks I previously hated. Combined with the staggering and subtle audio mix which features engine noises reverberating off concrete walls and thus creating feedback in how close you are to the driving line or over the edge is exhilirating.

Forza 5 is an easy game to criticise for it's obvious perceived flaws. Extended play allows the subtle improvements and user friendly decisions and changes made to be better recognised and appreciated. It's easy to call it Forza 4.5 or as I'd prefer Forza 6: Prologue but there's a ton of content and it features 6 locations never before seen in the franchise with multiple versions to learn to drive around in a massively diverse range of cars with countless tuning possibilities only a couple of button presses away.

Forza 6 is going to be mind blowing.

All that extra dev time, crossover lessons from Playground Games, no launch pressure, the extra oomph the new SDK updates have unlocked - this is going to be the dogs tits.

• Upvote 1

This will be the real next-gen sequel, I'm guessing. Like the jump from Forza 2 to Forza 3 last gen. 5 struck me as a rushed, bare-bones project, so I'm hoping for fuckloads of content in this one. And yes, I too would like weather, night races and any other stuff that's been plainly missing from the mainline series thus far. Also (and this will never happen), no season pass bollocks.

I haven't actually played 5 yet, so I'm wondering: Did the handling solve the problem of many cars feeling like you were driving on ice in previous games? I've always had to be so timid on the throttle and steering in this series.

• Upvote 1

Also (and this will never happen), no season pass bollocks.

I think you maybe right... :) That idea is here to stay I think unfortunately as are (probably) car packs.

Wonder if all the car packs people bought in 5 will automagically unlock in 6? IIRC they did when you moved from 3 to 4.

This will be the real next-gen sequel, I'm guessing. Like the jump from Forza 2 to Forza 3 last gen. 5 struck me as a rushed, bare-bones project, so I'm hoping for fuckloads of content in this one. And yes, I too would like weather, night races and any other stuff that's been plainly missing from the mainline series thus far. Also (and this will never happen), no season pass bollocks.

I haven't actually played 5 yet, so I'm wondering: Did the handling solve the problem of many cars feeling like you were driving on ice in previous games? I've always had to be so timid on the throttle and steering in this series.

I'm not entirely sure thats a problem if you drive a car too hard. Thats why the pad was tuned so that wouldn't happen so often - but you'd have to be firm exciting corners - not slamming down the gas).

Having traction control and the likes of ABS on and all that jazz. Stopping you skidding and that. Not that i'd know.

And the effect is far less then in many sims.

• Upvote 1

I'm not entirely sure thats a problem if you drive a car too hard. Thats why the pad was tuned so that wouldn't happen so often - but you'd have to be firm exciting corners - not slamming down the gas).

Having traction control and the likes of ABS on and all that jazz. Stopping you skidding and that. Not that i'd know.

And the effect is far less then in many sims.

What?

• Upvote 1

Yeah. And theres mechanics in there if you do. Some sims are a bit too Icy with new cars (new cars are not as hard to drive in many instances) but because you don't have external forces acting on you - people tend to drive harder then they should as well. Also when using a pad as the trigger throw is shorter then a pedal so you slam it and wonder why the car spins.

So you have to be erm...gentler.

I'm not sure they should lessen any of these effects in this case. Else the cars loose their character and become boring IMO.

I'm quite enjoying 5 at the moment, the car paint customisation is fun, but the music's terrible and it's really not a patch on the Gran Turismo series. Also, what's this auto-brake rubbish all about?

The cars only feel like they are on ice if you drive like a club footed mong. I think is what he was trying to say.

:)

Hey! I'm club footed -_-

Drivatars in 5 were great.

Really? I've seen this said a few times recently here. I must have some totally shit luck with the drivatars in my races compared to the rest of you :(As evidenced by the numerous varied examples I captured

To be fair they are ok sometimes

Just in case I was remembering incorrectly I've had a play this evening and you can judge for yourselves if you think this is good AI, but in my opinion...not so much. Supposedly Pro drivatars who can't stay on track, cutting corners and causing huge crashes, going stupidly slow for no apparent reason?

Please excuse slightly erratic driving, I'm a bit rusty on proper Forza and that RS200 is a bit of a handful, has a tendency to want to drift and then snap back in line, plus I suspect some prankster sprinkled itching powder in my racing gloves, so apologies for my driver's fidgeting hands. :hmm:

And in the hope of Helios reading this thread and taking back suggestions for things to include in the game , most/all that were actually in previous games in the series please can we have on the HUD your competitors positions so you know who is ahead/behind you on track, also last/fastest lap and sector times so you can see if you're gaining on/pulling away from them, telemetry viewable in replays, kinect gameplay, return of the auction house, big shot photos, let me save more than ten race replays, proper track limits eg at Spa you can cut across the corner at the top of the hill after Eau Rouge leading onto the straight and the game registers it as a clean lap...

vYhOhLA.jpg

Yet at Le Mans running out onto the straight at turn 6/7 whatever it is, Garage Vert going on the kerb this is classed as dirty...

VBEToJY.jpg

I love the Forza series and will probably certainly be buying it of course. It's just crap when so much is great in it and it plays so good that what is fucked up that could easily not have been is so annoying.

• Upvote 4

Just a purely selfish request but Helios if you read this can you please get the team to make sure an FC3S RX-7 is back in the game this time. Please.