VN1X

Warframe - Plains of Grindolon

eidolonLogo.png

By Digital Extremes

Player List | Alert TrackerQuick Start Guide | Market | Plains of Eidolon | PoE Release Notes

Wiki | Reddit | FAQ | Beginners Guide | Modding 101 | Advanced ModdingOfficial Site | PS4 | XB1 | PC

ABOUT

Warframe is a free-to-play cooperative third-person shooter video game developed by Digital Extremes for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. In Warframe, players control members of the Tenno, a race of ancient warriors who have awoken from centuries of cryosleep to find themselves at war with different factions.

In Warframe, players look cool and fuck shit up.

IMAGES

Spoiler

8b69767f0c32970fb190041aefefe98e.jpg

PlainsofEidolon5.jpg

PlainsofEidolon7.jpg

PlainsofEidolon3.jpg

VIDEO

Spoiler

Loot and shoot for free but still end up poor as you keep calling in sick for work? All hallmarks of a good game in my book!

From the moment I first moved my Tenno around I fell in love. The way in which you're able to hop, skip, glide, roll, melee, shoot, strike, pounce, run, slide and wallrun without any effort is just astonishing. It's easily one of the most fun and satisfying movement mechanics this side of Vanquish and I can't believe I've only just started playing it (more than 4 years after it's initial release no less)! That being said, it actually seems like it's the perfect time to jump in as they're still expanding and patching the game on an almost monthly basis. Earth just got a fresh makeover and Plains of Eidolon, the new open-zone expansion in which you can, amongst other things, take down a massive fucking kaiju, will apparently arrive sooner rather than later as well. Can't wait!

So download the game, add yourself to the player list and loot-em-up already!

• Upvote 2

Is Xbox live capable of supporting free-to-play games yet? They'll need to get on that quickly, or they'll start to look even more antiquated.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is Xbox live capable of supporting free-to-play games yet? They'll need to get on that quickly, or they'll start to look even more antiquated.

A microsoft service offering anything free?

bj6f7t.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

A microsoft service offering anything free?

bj6f7t.jpg

Free to play games! (For Gold subscribers.)

Get registered for the beta guys, we'll organise a game when it's out :)

"High-tech machine-gun Ninjas set in a far-future, over-hyphenated, Manga-Dune mash-up."

You could do worse than build a game around that concept.

Got into the beta of this today and it's brilliant fun :D

Haven't managed to test the online yet, could never find a game, but playing solo is really good.

Nice high framerate, good controls, only niggles is there's no option to toggle stuff such as aim and crouch but maybe that'll get patched in, and the fov, though I've been comfortable (so far anyway) could use a little widening, would be nice to have a slider.

Really good fun, if the difficulty ramps up as you play, I can see me pumping a lot of time into this, even if the co-op turns out to be gash.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And it seems we've come full circle.

Below is a tech demo by Digital Extremes which would've been released early in this generation as a full fledged title (it looked amazing at the time).

This later became the Dark Sector we know now but, judging by the assets, the original concept has been dusted off and found its place as a F2P game. Yay. :)

For anyone interested you can get beta keys for this from here and here

The first link doesn't require a log in, just grab the key and redeem it on the main Warframe website after creating an account there.

EDIT - So grabbed a key and had a go at the first mission. It's definitely fun but I'm not sure how they'll sustain themselves as a F2P game. Seems very coop orientated though I'm guessing that'll let them charge for everything if it turns out to be Pay To Win as it's against the game rather than other players (though not sure how they'll handle that when PvP appears eventually). Certainly worth a blast for free though.

Really enjoying this. Seemed very samey at first but after a few levels the environments started changing and new enemy types have come in. Looks beautiful too.

Oh hey clippa. Sorry to hear about the FOV.

I starting watching the first video and instantly became embarrassed for myself and the rest of humanity. What is it about videogames that means we have to sit through some woman giving us the most cliche-ridden account of some tired cookie-cutter backstory. "They hunt all that remain" etc. Fuck off.

Fun though.

Warface

Warfighter

Make your own manly shooting game.

http://www.websitest...andomword.shtml

Warponder! Coming 2013 from EA, you play a grizzled US Navy Seal tasked with stopping an invasion of Delaware by rogue Australians. At the end of each level you're asked by your superiors if it's all worth it, press X to disagree.

Warconfer. You play as a member of a war committee, and after being briefed on a random country each level, you must confer with your peers as to whether or not you think the country has WMDs and can be invaded.

This has gone into open beta, and it's really fun. It's a mix of Left 4 Dead and Mass Effect, with a hint of BSG music and Guyver ninja robot things, if that sounds like your thing you should definitely check it out. They've recently added some PhysX bollocks if particles get you going too.

https://warframe.com/

Note for everyone after playing: It will be available on Steam at this time tomorrow, so that's nice.

I think I've still got my closed beta key floating around, but clearly that's not going to be needed now. I'm looking forward to playing it - I really digged Digital Extremes' work on The Darkness 2, which was a no-frills fun as hell shooter that let you do silly things like managing to launch a car door into someone's face while going all Quad Damage with a Shotgun on another group of mafia folk.

Well, while having a quick break from a certain other game that released the same day, I decided to give this a whirl (as in, well, the first level).

Blimey, it's not too bad, is it? It maps very well to the 360 Controller for much shoot/slice action, and it's very well-presented and slick. I was kind of expecting it to be more 'Horde mode' in terms of how it's set out, but I'm pleasantly surprised that there's actual level/mission structure to it, even if it could become identikit given the uniqueness of the surroundings doesn't lend it much variety.

I have a small gripe that sword combat is a little twitchy on pad, but let's face it, I'M PLAYING ON A FUCKING PAD SO I DESERVE EVERYTHING I GET. And, er, I could probably turn the sensitivity down on it given how it runs at an ungodly speed even with everything ramped to max settings, 1680x1050.

Very nice, will play more.

Yeah I like it a lot too, it feels a bit like Mass Effect 3's co-op mode but more roaming and less static. Plus the art style looks like some kinda crazy sci-fi Dark Souls.

Is there any way to earn the credits through just playing, or do you have to buy them? Really expensive if so. Kind of a downer, but understandable given the quality of the game and its freeness.

Is there any way to earn the credits through just playing, or do you have to buy them? Really expensive if so. Kind of a downer, but understandable given the quality of the game and its freeness.

Yeah, it seems like Platinum (the microtransaction currency) can only be obtained through IAP. It seems like everything can be crafted, but just like Tribes: Ascend it requires a LOT of grinding and crafting shenanigans.

Slowly getting my head in the game now (including levelling up enough to use the first ability mod, the dash attack), and it's all sorts of awesome, especially as there seems to be no shortage of players at the moment. You can solo missions, but having four SPACE NINJAS WITH GUNS all dicking around a complex is wicked. especially so when using distraction fire to get shielded enemies' attention and then having some other dude rush them from behind and slice him in two.

Played again last night, for the first time in a while - alongside my good friend and obvious EDL follower Moodmon. We have decided to dub Warframe's new name as 'The Shootbang'. The reasons are obvious.

Game's still surprisingly active, although most of the activity is still in Mercury as you can grind the shit out of Captain Vor's stage to make money off of blueprints. It's a very odd game, as you'll have a hell of a time attempting to Solo stages, but in a party of four you will practically be laughing your way through it, and hardly have a problem outside of figuring out where the FUCK you're supposed to be getting to half of the time. The only bad thing at the moment is the connection to other players can be shocking if you don't forward your ports - it can lead to all manner of headaches regarding host migration and you might wind up on your todd, in front of Captain Vor and his ten billion grunts.

On the plus side, I got enough money for Akbolto - or, in other words, duel wielding pistols. Aim for the head, everything dies. Including your ammo count.

WcAvPAi.png

• Upvote 1