IGNORED

Switch Galaxy Ultra

TheSlugFormerlyKnownAsNap

Just saw this on my Facebook feed (thanks John!), but couldn't find a topic here.

It's just been released and a blistering fast game at 60fps, currently discounted on the PSN Store for plus members. Crossbuy between Vita and PS4. I also saw something about a PS3 version on the PSN store, but can't confirm it's already available and/or any good. I've only played the Vita version just now, which looks excellent. Can't wait to try it out on the big screen tonight.

Review here: http://punkandlizard.com/switch-galaxy-ultra-review-ps4ps-vita/

Looks great! Reminds me of a game I used to play a long time ago called Trailblazer on the C64...

Not sure why people aren't playing it.... LOL. Its over £10 though and you just know at some point this will appear on PS+.

Which is the problem with PS+ in a way I'm quite reluctant these days to buy any Indy title on PS+ as I expect it will make an appearance on PS+.

Yeah, that's fair enough. The fact that it was cross-buy (and cross-save!) and looked exactly up my street tempted me into buying it. It's been a long time since I've seen a pure, blazing fast 'zone' game like this, so I didn't mind forking out a bit more. It's been a while since I've been up after midnight because I couldn't put the gamepad down.

There was this moment when I was playing last night when it just went faster and faster and faster and my eyeballs almost dropped out. At least, that's what it felt like when I hit a barrier and got suddenly dropped back in the real world. Almost the same kind of intensity as you get in a game like Rez or Frequency where you zone out and just respond to the stuff happening on screen without even thinking about it. I just wish the soundtrack was better, as the music is adequate but gets a bit boring pretty quickly. Maybe I should put some of my own music collection on the PS4 to get the proper trancy feeling in.