IGNORED

Amiibo by Nintendo

Djx

I gave up with the Rosalina fiasco. It started out as a really cool thing, and something you could possibly collect, but they fucked it up. Like, they couldn't resist. Little by little the bullshit started creeping in - exclusivity in the US becoming exclusivity over here, then failing to actually stock the retailer they give exclusivity to. Now we have limited colour ones on the horizon. I'm out.

It's their own new product, and you can't buy it off the shelves. We're not trying to track down some old OOP rarity, these are things that they're manufacturing new right now, and you can't even get one on the day of release. I don't mind them being in only one store, but it would help a lot if said store actually had them.

I'll pick up a Toad if I spot one on the shelf somewhere, but my hunting days are done.

Um...You do know that's the point? More people are buying them because they're scarce than are buying them for actually playing with or displaying. They'd sell less if there were plenty available for everyone.

How on earth could they predict the demand - everyone said they were going to be shit, a waste of money and another nail in the coffin of nintendo!?!?

Thing is, did anyone actually say that about em? All I remember seeing was stuff like, 'finally Nintendo are releasing skylanders stuff' 'they're gonna sell like hot cakes!' 'why don't Nintendo release skylanders stuff!?' etc etc.

And lo and behold, they are selling like hot cakes!! :wacko::facepalm:

What shop did you get em from?

Don't suppose you can't popping back out and getting another set lol?

Went out to an actual shop, after not being able to get them online...and came back with all 3!

QPIYz19.jpg

Don't suppose you fancy popping back out and getting another set lol?

Went out to an actual shop, after not being able to get them online...and came back with all 3!

QPIYz19.jpg

Don't suppose you can't popping back out and getting another set lol?

Don't suppose you fancy popping back out and getting another set lol?

Sorry, they were the last 3. They only got 4 each of the above (but loads of Sonic and Mega Man). Literally as I got there, a guy was walking out with the same 3. Someone apparently bought all the rest.

It was Smyths in Speke, Liverpool.

Sorry, they were the last 3. They only got 4 each of the above (but loads of Sonic and Mega Man). Literally as I got there, a guy was walking out with the same 3. Someone apparently bought all the rest.

It was Smyths in Speke, Liverpool.

Arghh, I was going to take a trip there this weekend for Shulk. They've been pretty good in the past for earlier waves and fair prices.

I spoke with the guy at smyths just now and he said they only got 50 units each of Shulk, King Dedede and MetaKnight.

Not the store but the ENTIRE company.

Showed me an email from nintendo via smyths head office that there have been massive supply issues and that we can expect them in June or July.

Think ill wait for a bit.

Just been sent this from Nintendo..

----

Thanks for placing your order with us

We are sorry that the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

PAC-MAN No.35 amiibo

We are following this up and we will keep you updated on the status of your order.

----

Erm.. wut? That wave isn't out till April is it!?

i'm trying to get my head round these Amiibos.

Dont get me wrong, ive embraced them owning The Villager, Star Fox, Mario, bowser, Yoshi , Both Kongs and Pikachu!

however. I opened Mario and my new copy of Smash Bros, and although i did know - theres not really much for a Solo-ist loner is there? :lol:

Whats the best way ( if theres even a way ) to enjoy the game as your Amiibo in Single player??

i'm feeling a bit underwhelmed with it.

Just been sent this from Nintendo..

----

Thanks for placing your order with us

We are sorry that the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

PAC-MAN No.35 amiibo

We are following this up and we will keep you updated on the status of your order.

----

Erm.. wut? That wave isn't out till April is it!?

I got the same email. I think it's just a quirk of the The Huts ordering system where they send you an email if it's been sat pending on their system for so long even if the actual item hasn't been released yet.

My Shulk just got cancelled from Ninetndo store, wish they told me sooner and not send me an email at 10.30 am on launch day :/

Thank you for placing order 47106722 with us.

We are sorry to inform you that we have now cancelled your order for Shulk No.25 amiibo as the item is no longer available and our team are working to have the item removed from the website.

Heads up, sent a mini complaint email just:

- Cancelled on launch day at 10.30am (time of email) so did not give me any chance to order elsewhere/pick up in store

Was sent a £5 off voucher :) not quite shulk :/

i'm trying to get my head round these Amiibos.

Dont get me wrong, ive embraced them owning The Villager, Star Fox, Mario, bowser, Yoshi , Both Kongs and Pikachu!

however. I opened Mario and my new copy of Smash Bros, and although i did know - theres not really much for a Solo-ist loner is there? :lol:

Whats the best way ( if theres even a way ) to enjoy the game as your Amiibo in Single player??

i'm feeling a bit underwhelmed with it.

I only have 1 right now but that, and any others I do decide to get would be purely because they're aesthetically lovely. Anything they do with a game is rather a bonus. I'm not sure what they could do really beyond what they do now that wouldn't really just be them cutting stuff out for people who don't have an amiibo.

I own one and I've been so disinterested by the functionality of it, I haven't even taken it out of the box! I got link because it unlocks shit in about three/four different games. But I'm tempted by some of the new mario ones and Toon Link :(