Street Fighter V Champion Edition

joffocakes

I had a great day of road brawlin' yesterday. Alistarr in the morning, Joffo in the early evening, then Willei & Jonster (plus a quick bonus Alistarr) at night. GGs all round. Special shoutout to jonster for the lag "adaptation" - you are clearly a creative and flexible mind unlike all others.

1 hour ago, imp said:

I had a great day of road brawlin' yesterday. Alistarr in the morning, Joffo in the early evening, then Willei & Jonster (plus a quick bonus Alistarr) at night. GGs all round. Special shoutout to jonster for the lag "adaptation" - you are clearly a creative and flexible mind unlike all others.

Thanks - I'll be winning Evo next year provided it's contested under a 20-30 frame delay. 

There's one thing I really take issue with in regards to the balancing of this game which is Vega and M Bison's moves where they jump so high you can't even see which way you're facing when they attempt the overhead. It's really hard to block when you can't see your bloody character !

Oh yes, just beat the rank 260 player Tuskapapaja, a bipson player 2-0 in casuals. This comes hot after yesterday's 2-1 loss to rank 45 Jijidalal7. A bit of weirdness happened, like bipson teleporting into my v-trigger, but despite my cavalcade of missed throw techs on my wake up I felt like I had a decent read on him and managed to surprise him when I stole a turn.

Just picked this up and dusted off my old EX2 to give it a bash.  For all the mixed reception I have read about it, at absolutely bronze level I am having a great time.  Not seen much in the way of droppers, losing because I keep cocking up and not getting angry about it and I don't even mind the waits between matches on PC as I can just put a stream on the other monitor.

Only tried a few characters so far.  Ryu seems very Ryu, I have no idea how to Mika and I really don't think I'm going to get on with Alex.  Ever since trying the EX headstomp and not getting 3S effect from it I have been a sad panda.  Plus his command throw doesn't seem great, unless I have yet to attune to the ways of SFV yet.  Completely loving Rashid(oooooooooo).  Liking the mobility, loving the V-trigger even if I'm not really using it for awesome cross up shenanigans.  He's got a troll worthy backwards walk plus it means more people get to listen to his theme.  I'm benefiting the community here.  Just a shame my execution is absolutely terrible, in everything.

Did play against a Ken for the first time online.  Seemed to be going alright.  I thought it was fine, it is just a little fire.  10 seconds later and most of my health gone after an absolute blitz, my head is spinning and I'm trying to work out what the hell happened.  Wrecked.  I need to start reading up on what half this stuff does, I'm still learning the moves let alone working out V-triggers.  Am having a good time though.  Put myself onto Discord, but I'll only be any use if you need someone terrible to beat up.

One thing I will moan about are the battle lobbies.  Joined one hoping for the usual winner stops on.  Only the guys fighting just seem to...keep on fighting?  Maybe I've missed something.

The battle lounges have an option to be first to one, two, three, five or ten wins. You can check what it's set to before you join (unless you're entering via invite). They might well have just been playing longer sets. The next player in line gets to play once the win count is reached.

On 24/04/2016 at 8:17 PM, Pungee said:

Did any of the new players who got swept up in the launch hype stick with this? Now the lobbies are up and running properly, I'd love to get some beginner lobbies running one evening next week. I've settled on trying to learn Cammy and am pretty terrible at the moment. 

My Capcom ID is SMDSMD (y)

When are you thinking about running those beginner lobbies? I can edit the thread title to make people who aren't in the thread as often aware?

It's definitely annoying and it seems like their next attempt at a solution doesn't actually solve the problem.

You should play with us and practice/learn stuff in battle lounges though. Up that win rate and it won't matter if you get a few quitters along the way! Better still, you get to play with friendly people like Imp and Choo who will maul you to death politely, and people like me who will call you a scumbag mid-match :-) Best moment yesterday was Imp doing EX hop grab and meekly saying "hel-lo!" as it started up.

21 hours ago, Willei said:

So lets say I wanted to get myself a Mad Catz TE2+, where would I be able to get one? Does this stick actually exist in UK/EU or was is secretly a US/JP only release?

Game or Amazon website's look plausible

http://www.game.co.uk/en/street-fighter-v-arcade-fightstick-open-case-design-918182?pageSize=40&searchTerm=madcatz&catGroupId=

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PS4-SFV-Arcade-Fightstick-TE2/dp/B019CQKK4I/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1461831356&sr=1-2&keywords=te2+stick+ps4

3 hours ago, Goemon said:

I swear I checked both of those places yesterday! Game only had the Xbox One TE2, and Amazon just had 3rd party sellers with a hefty markup! And I teched that throw too dammit!

(thanks)

On 24/04/2016 at 20:17, Pungee said:

Did any of the new players who got swept up in the launch hype stick with this? Now the lobbies are up and running properly, I'd love to get some beginner lobbies running one evening next week. I've settled on trying to learn Cammy and am pretty terrible at the moment. 

My Capcom ID is SMDSMD (y)

I'd be up for that. Didn't play for a couple of weeks and have completely forgotten everything I'd learned. Currently yo-yoing between 800 - 1100 lp

CFN: 

PSN: 

So hype. Anyone around for some sub-par Guile mirrors?

Also keen to see if the little hitbox fix they've done on Laura's standing medium punch stops it whiffing in any other situations as well. No balance changes but I'd consider that a bit of a buff for her if it does.

But Streetfighter V doesn't have combos. Maybe they patched in combos during the April update. 

That combo would be a fun high score challenge to see how many hits you can reach before they rage quit. 

Would also like to see the extent and ferocity of an opponent's mash during a 20 second long combo.