Street Fighter V Champion Edition

joffocakes

All my points are built on people jumping at me. As soon as I play someone unwilling to throw themselves onto birdie's Mohawk of doom I get spanked. I should probably learn how to play street fighter. 

All my points are built on people jumping at me. As soon as I play someone unwilling to throw themselves onto birdie's Mohawk of doom I get spanked. I should probably learn how to play street fighter. 

I honestly feel that there's a sweet spot a few beverages in where the false confidence makes me play a bit better. 

Then an it all goes terribly terribly wrong. 

Though nowhere near as bad as the drunken

decision to switch to dark souls 3 after my losing streak. Wish I could remember where I left my souls >_<

Throw? Or use that Inferno move because the armour only survives two hits*.

*Technically two hits when he's standing and two more hits if he starts walking forward**

**Oh, and he can absorb infinite hits when he's in VTrigger. Critical Art will break armour though, and, again, throws.

I'll be about around 930 if there's any lobby shenanigans

talking to yourself is the first sign of madness EX2 ERROR

talking to yourself is the first sign of madness EX2 ERROR

they should rename the silver league to the shoto league, ryu ryu ryu ryu ryu and the odd ken

I remember your vega, that was a close one

they should rename the silver league to the shoto league, ryu ryu ryu ryu ryu and the odd ken

I remember your vega, that was a close one

just played a rank 93 zangief some swedish guy and took a round, then in the last round he did 3 consecutive ex piledrivers and called it at night. the range on the throw is unbelievable !

just played a rank 93 zangief some swedish guy and took a round, then in the last round he did 3 consecutive ex piledrivers and called it at night. the range on the throw is unbelievable !

does getting into gold seem like an absolute, impossible task to anyone else? the quality of play from ultra bronze to mid silver is staggering.

does getting into gold seem like an absolute, impossible task to anyone else? the quality of play from ultra bronze to mid silver is staggering.

Argh, GGs Sith and dood, I think my housemate must have started netflixing there, was becoming totally unplayable. Will have to try again sometime, I want to be in an episode of rivals!

It's good as long as you get it out early. If you react in time or are ready for the jump then it's great. Good hitbox, solid damage, leads into meaty pressure.

Slight downsides are that it has no invincibility (upper body or otherwise) , so if it hasn't fully started in time it'll trade. You can't do it late and deep into the jump like you can with an invincible uppercut. If you were whiffing something or not on your toes when the opponent jumped you may not have time to get it out and it doesn't have invincibility or 3f start up to fix this. James Chen's "why block when you can uppercut?" does not apply to it at all as there are plenty of situations where you will not have time and will definitely need to block or try a faster normal instead.

It is pretty fast (7f), but if it gets hit during the first few frames it doesn't trigger the grab part of the move and you get hit/reset. It still sort of does the job and gets you *some* damage so it's not as bad as an errant Abel falling sky for instance, but yeah, it's not as good as a DP either.

It also lacks the option to use different angles/strengths to cover different jump ranges/cover cross ups etc. It has a really good hitbox and it does a good job of snagging things that look like they might jump over it, but there are definitely ranges where you can jump over it clean and she can't use a more vertical light version etc. as it only has the one trajectory.

The trade off for the weaknesses it has compared to a real uppercut isthat it gets you the same consistent knockdown every time, and it's a knockdown that can't be back tech-d because it's considered a throw, so Laura gets good pressure off it guaranteed unless the opponent wants to take a big risk. The other big benefit it has over a real dragon punch is that it's done with a fireball motion. Much like Gouken's EX tatsu in SFIV, it is just that little bit easier to react with than a DP motion.

So, erm, not quite as good as you might think if you're getting tagged by it a lot and it seems unstoppable, but certainly not too shabby either and easily her best anti-air option because her normal anti-airs can be very suspect and spacing dependent.

Jellum I'm on for the evening tonight so if you are free let's make some Rivals! :D

Even if it is just Laura smashing me 10-0. I need to learn that match up by the looks of things. 

Had some OK adventures in ranked afterwards! Hit silver! But then proceeded to lose about 6 matches. Sigh. Last match was a bronze Zangief  who basically just mashed light punch with a few moves here and there.  He smashed me.  I felt so salty. 

Another match that terrifies me right now is Bison. When he knows what he's doing and gets up close, I find it so hard to tell when's  safe for me to change the momentum, and one bad cr. Jab or cr. Mk and I lose about 30% health :(

Ive gotten to Ultra Silver again with Bison. I suspect a lot of it is down to the character as there is always a ceiling to how good I get at these games and all I read is how people think he is overpowered.

Also, am trying to figure out a character to pick as a second, so I don't play Chun all the time!  I've dabbled in Ryu, but man I don't really like his style.  Chun's pokey/footsie strength is definitely my preference.  Any recommendation for others that are good with normals?  I feel like I want to say Karin, but MAN I run into loads of Karins online!!   Vega seems cool too, and it's rare that I run into him online.