Street Fighter V Champion Edition

joffocakes

They should rename the losers bracket the lovers bracket and the winners bracket could be renamed the fighters bracket. Thanks for the update, I went and searched through the brackets and it looks like JLM went on a bit of a tear through lovers bracket in both his pools.

Enjoyed catching up on the stream archive this morning too - was a weird experience watching SF4 and SFV back to back, stirred up a lot of emotions I've yet to sort through and understand!

Might get to play a game or two tonight between 8 and 9, will post up if I head online.

Oh, and it warms my heart to see Ricki Ortiz and Real Menace both going from Rufus to Chun, and Valmaster switching to Necalli. I can't play like the great SF4 Rufi and Chun Lii but at least I can pick SFV characters like them :-)

My Venom stick broke, R1 (hard punch) completely unresponsive. :(

They should be able to repair/replace if I send it back to them, but that'll be a week or so. And it happened just as I was sitting down for some lovely tipsy Friday Night Fights too. Nothing seems to be going right with me and this flipping game.

Joe your avatar taunts me, serving as it does as a reminder that I never beat the sixth level of Super Hexagon.

It's not just come unwired inside has it? They have quick disconnects I think, so it's not impossible that the wire just needs clipping back in place.

It might be that, but opening it up voids the warranty, and if it's not a simple fix, then I'm down £70! Think I might play it safe while they're still offering free repair/replace.

My avatar is motivational! Get back on Super Hex and accomplish your dream. (Aware it might be genuinely irritating after a while, I'll probably stick something from The Witness in there to flaunt my high-brow credentials soon enough).

Also, I'm glad this place is back, I tried joining in on reddit but fuuuuuck that place is weird.  Suppose it was funny watching a bunch of children having a tantrum over Hypespotting streams not working, though. 

Posting a video on there did net me the most views I've ever had too, after I totally lucked out after learning the hard way that Chun's super won't catch Bison's super.. 

Also felt bad for this guy, who after getting matched up with me in ranked twice, and having really close games with several rematches, did this.. 

(that was the third CA that I landed in that kind of way.. Heh) 

Does anyone play Cammy? I'm finding it really hard against her.. I've been following Nuki777 a bit to try and steal some tech, but even he struggles in this pretty epic set.. 

:o

17 minutes ago, dood said:

Bah! I'd love to get online tonight, unlikely though :(  would love to spar with alistarr's Chun again, and imp! Don't think I've ever played you, man! 

I'm sure we will fight one day soon!

How do the lounges work in this?

ive hardly looked at it, but it never seems to come up with much, it doesn't even look like you can look for friends.

i really need to start trying to play this a bit more properly.

You have to search for "rivals" and add them as favourites, and that's your friends list, but it doesn't show you who's online so you end up relying on your steam/PSN friends list (or the wider internet) to arrange matches. Then you create a lounge and you can invite people from your favourites list or just type in their CFN ID if you know it.

As an added bonus, the favourites list is not in alphabetical order.

I'm used to periodically checking the activity of my favourites between matches or whatever so I don't notice how awful it is quite so much. A whole bunch of us should be in a spreadsheet in the OP. :)

EDIT: I can show up for lobbyings in a moment

I check my steam/psn list but haven't gotten round to adding everyone yet. 

Chuck me an invite when you're on Qazi :-)

I check my steam/psn list but haven't gotten round to adding everyone yet. 

Chuck me an invite when you're on Qazi :-)

It's pretty clear I don't know what I'm doing.

but it much better than playing other idiots who don't know what they're doing either.

maybe I shouldn't have tried cammy, but my normal Laura shenanigans don't work on you guys.

it might help if I could actually do simple quarter circles when I actually want too.

good stuff though.

Sorry for leaving straight away I thought there was room for me and Qazi. Want to join Qazi's room so we can get the five of us together? 

Sorry for leaving straight away I thought there was room for me and Qazi. Want to join Qazi's room so we can get the five of us together? 

I just left, so there probably is room now.

I need more practice. My normal Laura shenanigans don't work on you guys who know how to play. And I haven't touched cammy since day one, so that was probably worse.

good stuff though.

10 hours ago, Fuddle said:

I just left, so there probably is room now.

I need more practice. My normal Laura shenanigans don't work on you guys who know how to play. And I haven't touched cammy since day one, so that was probably worse.

good stuff though.

I thought you played really well on the whole - saw some great adaptation when you were playing Alistarr's Necalli in particular!

Jonster, will catch you another time as I think it might be flatmate streaming time now...

Yeah ggs fuddle, I was saying to imp on steam chat that if we got a third set you would probably win it because you were adapting and shutting down my nonsense.

Apologies also for somewhat intermittent and erratic play - kept having to dash off to do family stuff or at one point hold an infant while trying to play hence nothing but mashing ex grab for a moment there!

had a great tense set of birdie vs Chun with imp at the end there too. Can't believe how slow my brain is though, I swear there were four separate things I fell for three times each in a row, including the way jt ended! I need to practise more or fighting me is going to get boring for you!

GGs Jonster! Lots of interesting matches amongst the ongoing breakdown of that Karin/Rashid matchup ;) Highlights included that clutch moment where I tried to wait for poison with FANG before being supered by your Nash, trying to use Gief's air-grab to halt my jump-ins and failing miserably, and not having a mic but blaming my Ls on Karin's dumb floppy hair.

EDIT: and I don't think either of us touched Alex :blush:

13 minutes ago, alistarr said:

Apologies also for somewhat intermittent and erratic play - kept having to dash off to do family stuff or at one point hold an infant while trying to play hence nothing but mashing ex grab for a moment there!

I had no idea what to do when you were grabbing, command grabbing all the time. Although that's probably why people hate Laura too.

i should really try a few more characters out though, as I've been basically exclusively her apart from the first couple days....but hopefully guile will be not too far off.

19 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

GGs Jonster! Lots of interesting matches amongst the ongoing breakdown of that Karin/Rashid matchup ;) Highlights included that clutch moment where I tried to wait for poison with FANG before being supered by your Nash, trying to use Gief's air-grab to halt my jump-ins and failing miserably, and not having a mic but blaming my Ls on Karin's dumb floppy hair.

EDIT: and I don't think either of us touched Alex :blush:

GGs Qazi. Karin's floppy hair will get nerfed soon, is too OP. Also Ryu's standing HK as a counter to Gief's CA was a highlight. I forgot Alex existed tonight... 

I hope to play some of you one day but I have the sleep routine of an old age pensioner. The latest Capcom Pro Talk I caught yesterday is VERY funny.

imp - did you see that Nutrient guy went to Hypespotting?

So close to silver! Hopefully a day or two more and that barrier will drop. 

Did a big facepalm this morning when I had a sneaky bit of pre-work practice, and realised Chun's fireballs don't Peter out while v trigger is active! Wtf! 

Neglected my

whisky and sf rule. In my defence the wife went to bed early and pissed me was making the decisions. Back down to 2200 or so. Haven't been playing as much as I'd like recently (dark souls 3!) and my already terrible execution just falls into the toilet if I don't play much. Circular motions just are t my bag. 

Faded misses vf direction tapping :(