rllmuk
joffocakes

Street Fighter V Champion Edition - Seth Becomes Her

I have a spare beta code. I'm already in the beta as someone donated a code to me a while back.

PM me if you want the code. :)

Beta schedule:

Source: CapcomUnity / Combofiend

There was a further update to that post:

UPDATE 10/21:

Hey everyone. We have a quick update regarding the SFV beta 2 test user experience. As many of you have noticed, we started testing earlier than scheduled, in an effort to optimize prior to our regularly scheduled beta dates. Unfortunately, several new issues arose last night in regards to our match-making system and the rate at which matches were made, and we are not confident that the matchmaking rate will improve significantly throughout the course of this beta period. That said, user experiences will vary.

As such, we want to inform our users that the beta 2 experience will likely be limited and will not operate exactly as we intended. As planned, we will keep the servers up for the previously-announced timeframes, however, matchmaking will likely take place very slowly. While players wait for online matches, they are free to access training mode, and there are new features added to this version that allow players to change the training dummy to be computer AI, or be playable by a friend locally.

The PS4 beta is live now and the PC beta will begin at its previously scheduled time on 10/23/15 at 9:00am PST (17:00 BST and 10/24 01:00 JST). Following this beta and throughout the optimization process, we will continue to periodically turn on our servers for players to access, so keep your eyes open for new opportunities to play more SFV. Our goal is to provide the highest quality user experience as possible when the final product releases, and we thank you for your continued support.

So basically, everything should be working now but it'll just be slow. Glad we're experiencing this now then and hopefully not when the game launches!

• Upvote 1

:(

Why not? How do I fix this?

So I had tried the link a few days back and got exactly that message myself - I went off in a huff. I assumed the reddit link one was a different address which had magically worked but perhaps it's not. Interestingly, I've just received an email saying I got into the beta so it could be that they are releasing a fresh batch and it's rolling out gradually with some delays on the email. I'd say keep checking basically.

Beta is up, Necalli, Mika and Vega available at the moment.

And Ken now.

V-Trigger gives him a flaming DP on all three punch strengths :wub: I also love the Quick Step skill - it'll be really good for pressure nonsense and is a very Ken thing to have. I think the Ken/Vega matchup could be interesting - Vega likes to position himself above opponents to come down on them, but Ken's Quick Step could throw off the timing a bit. :P

I like that Ken's V-trigger activation pushes him towards the opponent. I am dying, playing on the pad though.

Oh man, at EGX they had an old build of the game on incredibly laggy TVs with no sticks. It was the worst. I still played it because I am obsessed but it was just abut the worst way one could experience the game. Winner Stays On get brand new builds immediately and stream the whole thing. London player privilege man.

How do I become a winner in order to stay on? (And then burgle their sticks?)

Yay, I've already discovered a new impfinite with Necali in V-trigger mode.

If you do (j.mk), s.mk, cr.mp x lk stomp, it puts them at perfect cross-up distance, allowing you to do the same over and over again. The cool thing is when he's powered up, you can do the same combo, but end with mk stomp, which pushes them further back, meaning you'll land in front rather than behind, creating a mix-up opportunity. It's worked perfectly on the training dummy, 100% of the time. (Haven't actually been thrown into any matches all evening).

The range on Mika's super is really good. It will connect from just outside of her stand MK range. I have no idea if it's one of those awesome grab supers that you can just jump out of after the flash, but I've been matched exclusively with North Americans who won't stop pressing buttons under any circumstance so it hasn't been an issue.

Netcode has been fine considering, it just takes a really long time to get into a match!

You can jump out after the flash, I did it earlier.

I've been messing around with Mika, she seems like fun but I'm really not sure where her strength lies...

She doesn't have good pokes and her throw range is average. I thought it might be her mix up once you have vtrigger but it only seems to be a 1 time use, which is a bit rough considering everyone else who breaks out their vtrigger gets a timed use.

Another mix up I thought she had was from her f.mp, f.mp but it seems any hit after this put them in a reset state outside of throw range, unless it's in the corner.

One nice combo I found was f.mp, f.mp, f.vtrigger, charge hk, ex 236+k

You basically slap them, throw them forward, your team mate comes in and drop kicks them back to you, you drop kick them and then you catch them in an air grab. Doesn't do wild damage but it's very classically wrestling.

What the fuck does any of your post mean. I just want to punch people.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Just got onto the beta and decided to use Mika. I got my arse handed to me a few times but my first ever win was worth the wait.

Playing against Vega I got panned in the first round, then a truly amazing comeback in the second round and then gave out my own panning the third round. Such a good feeling!

• Upvote 5

You can jump out after the flash, I did it earlier.

I've been messing around with Mika, she seems like fun but I'm really not sure where her strength lies...

She doesn't have good pokes and her throw range is average. I thought it might be her mix up once you have vtrigger but it only seems to be a 1 time use, which is a bit rough considering everyone else who breaks out their vtrigger gets a timed use.

I know what you mean. There is the distinct feeling of playing a weak character but that's often explained by the fact that you're doing it wrong on a character you don't understand. With that in mind;

Why does this grappler have such a bad sweep? Why are her buttons so bad in general? Why does she have two grabs that seem to have the same (poor) range and similar properties? What's so amazing about her one time assist that means they've had to restrict it so much? Why did they give her a v-skill with seemingly no practical application? Where are her defensive options? For that matter where are her offensive ones outside of dash in throw?

I want the answer to be because I suck and the game isn't finished yet anyway but I fear it is "here is your joke character".

• Upvote 1

Early impressions (from a dirty casual man) but it seems that Street Fighter 5 is the same but possibly worse than Street Fighter 3 but with massive tits?

They set out to simplify Street Fighter 2/4 and somehow made it harder?

It's an odd game so far.

This Ken combo video is excellent. Multiple fireballs after counter-hit anti-air and EX Fireball loops like Dan in USFIV. Ken looks great!

• Upvote 1

Airborne Eagle Spike

(During forward jump) QCB+K

It's like they know I'm an idiot who can only jump backwards and divekick. :( I do like the fact that the V.Skill lets you divekick out of the jump with one button though. :D

But Ken also has a dive kick! (sort of)

I loaded this up last night after dinner, played for 2 minutes and got disconnected and couldn't get back on.

Got beta invite but getting the...

Your permissions do not allow you access to this section

Message when I sign in, this is not the first time Sony have sent me an e-mail saying 'your in the beta, click this link' only to be told 'not really' on clicking.

Anyone else how had this problem get it sorted?

I know what you mean. There is the distinct feeling of playing a weak character but that's often explained by the fact that you're doing it wrong on a character you don't understand. With that in mind;

Why does this grappler have such a bad sweep? Why are her buttons so bad in general? Why does she have two grabs that seem to have the same (poor) range and similar properties? What's so amazing about her one time assist that means they've had to restrict it so much? Why did they give her a v-skill with seemingly no practical application? Where are her defensive options? For that matter where are her offensive ones outside of dash in throw?

I want the answer to be because I suck and the game isn't finished yet anyway but I fear it is "here is your joke character".

I honestly think she's one of the strongest characters.

her stand medium kick and charged stand heavy kick are incredible footsie tools, the charged dropkick is plus on block, jumps over lows, combos on his, crush counters and has incredible range, not sure what more you could ask.

Her sweep has fantasti crange and low profiles almost any jumpin. crouch medium punch is a solid anti-air.EX Wingless is an almost unbeatable anti-air that benefits from the taunt charges (His someone for 300-plus damage with it earlier, whoo!

The two throws are for different purposes. One lends them in front of you in a much better position to do things to them on wakeup, the other sends them behind you far away but does more damage.

...Mikafighter!

nIOAYQL.jpg

Woo, hurried phone photos of ranked Rashid victory! :P

Once I actually start to commit the moveset to memory he's a lot of fun, and in training I was doing lots of silly things with the divekick timing. Also, his V.Skill is sort of pretty much Ibuki's tsuijigoe flip, so it's like a bunch of great bits from my favourite characters. :D