Street Fighter V Champion Edition - PS Plus game for September

I'm sorry to see Ono go (and it does look like Capcom went about it in the shitty way of moving him to increasingly worthless positions until he just quits and they don't have to honour any contract commitments et al as they would if they'd terminated him - he half joked in the past that his colleagues should unionise but Capcom wouldn't allow it) but as far as game design goes, it's for the best as his recent track record has been quite poor. Lovely, lovely chap though.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, I think the approach is... action figures? Maybe? When playing on PC with all the settings on it definitely looks a bit more like action figures.

My main hope for the patch is for them to drastically cut down the loading times; survival/arcade modes are utterly tedious because of that (I checked one of my survival playthroughs and literally 40% of the time was the loading). Should be easy enough to achieve on PS5. Up the resolution I guess but I'm not too bothered about that.

Several stages have 30fps background animations and pretty flat lighting too; maybe that could be enhanced? Some nice raytraced hadoukens? 

27 minutes ago, Dave White said:

Think the god awful art style is one factor why I don’t play this. 
id love 6 to go back to pixel art and be a true liking sequel to 3rd strike on all levels. 

Either that or get some talented art people in - look at how Guilty Gear managed to recreate their detailed 2D art style in 3D. Street Fighter 6 could do the same using either 3rd Strike or Alpha 3 as the visual basis.

Well, they *could*. The Capcom of OG SF5 was not in a good place. Since then they've recovered spectacularly. The Capcom that delivered Monster Hunter World, Resi 7 etc could do SF6 justice in the art style department. Not that I have time nowadays to dedicate to SF like I did back in the day, but it's nonetheless one of my all-time most beloved favourites. So many good memories. Even if I'm not going to dive in myself, I'd like to see a SF6 that does the classic entries justice. 

Street Fighter V looks way better to me than IV and X Tekken at least. I hated the over the top goofy presentation in IV especially after waiting so long after part III which is one of the most beautiful games ever made. Like Gerbik says, now Capcom have their mojo back and Ono is out I'm really interested in what comes next.

220?cb=20120405214352

*shudder*

Been really getting back into this over the last week or so (after what feels like a four year break of taking it seriously), been nice to have something to focus on in the evenings. As an added bonus I’ve managed to find the right balance of not taking it so seriously I lose the fun part as well.

The stressful part comes from that I’m still not sure who I want to play as, I swing between Seth and Sagat in an almost hourly basis.

I’m also in the camp of preferring how SFV looks over SFIV, not that I really dislike it.

4 hours ago, Dave White said:

id love 6 to go back to pixel art and be a true liking sequel to 3rd strike on all levels. 

I’d like that. I instinctively tried to parry and punish Akuma’s f.HP last night.

Street Fighter V does look much nicer than SFIV overall (especially in its animation) but by the time it actually released I expected a graphical upgrade with way more impact. It doesn't have as strong a visual identity as SFII, SFIII or Alpha did. I hope they make some bolder choices for Street Fighter 6.