rllmuk
joffocakes

Street Fighter V Champion Edition - 14th February 2020

1 hour ago, Patronsaint said:

Cheers. Shoutout to Madcatz for taking down their EU store and removing PS3 items. I hope they go bust. 

Anyone currently scoping out PS3 options? I see a SxT PS3 stick on Amazon for about £106 and a SC one for just under that. Ideally looking for one for less (duh) maybe around the £80 mark. 

Virtua Stick High Grade is around £80 used. It's a lovely stick. Don't go for the 'themed' ones. 

2 hours ago, joffocakes said:

Capcom confirmed it via Twitter. 

Does this mean my PS3 Mad Catz fight pads will work too? (Sorry, I tried searching for the confirmation on Twitter but failed utterly.)

2 hours ago, JLM said:

What does that Birdie title say in full? Loveable rogue? Loveatingeverything? The people must know.

Loveable rogue, yep. 

Dropped out of the top ten overnight. Was fun while it lasted!

Ooh, never mind, a quick Google answered my question. It looks like PS4 SFV will support all PS3 controllers. Sticks, pads, dualshock 3s, possibly even those weird boomerang sixaxis prototype things.

2 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Won a mint boxed Super Street Fighter 4 PS3 TE stick on ebay for £49 because the buyer listed it as a fishstick. Happy days !

visions of these arriving for you

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 13.03.45.png

11 hours ago, Patronsaint said:

Anyone currently scoping out PS3 options? I see a SxT PS3 stick on Amazon for about £106 and a SC one for just under that. Ideally looking for one for less (duh) maybe around the £80 mark. 

Dunno about shipping, but Play-Asia have one with a free CronusMAX Plus (the new one without timeouts) for £68.50. https://www.play-asia.com/street-fighter-x-tekken-arcade-fightstick-pro-tournament-edition/13/704krj

Amazon have the Pro 4 and the Mini:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-Arcade-Pro-Kai-PS4/dp/B00RZ7T8N6/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019MMN94A/

1 hour ago, Floex said:

Layout for the rest of the year

http://images.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/haunts/large/590e1e8d9d67837636874ee4fe89a080.jpg?v=210600

Bare bones until that March Update

edit, no idea how to add pictures...

Not sure if I should be pleased about the frequency of content or scared about the hit to my wallet :P Still, 8-player lobbies in March is welcome news. :D

30 minutes ago, SMD said:

Alright guys, where's arcade mode?

I wasn't joking by the way, is it just story, survival and online?

6 minutes ago, SMD said:

I wasn't joking by the way, is it just story, survival and online?

Yep, I think that's all there is for now. Story is pretty short from what I hear. Some additional trials and challenge modes are being added next month and then the "Cinematic Story Mode" will come in summer.

Completing every character's Story Mode earns enough fight money to purchase one DLC character, according to Capcom.

Here's their blog post about it:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/02/11/sfv-character-story-costumes-and-new-mode-details

Where are people ordering this from?

Psn store is £54.99 but saves disc swapping, and certain retailers have a preorder costume each. (Psn= Chun, Game = Ryu, Amazon = Cammy, not sure on Bison)

The Story Mode as it is right now is laughable, btw. Three fights per characters (sometimes four) of one round, interspersed with some (for the series congruent) laughable "plot" elements. Each character's segment lasts about ten minutes at most. The lack of Arcade Mode is a shame, something I never thought I'd say. 

Survival Mode's a bit more interesting, though, with all those upgrades you can trade your points for.

13 minutes ago, Broker said:

Hold on, what's fight money? Are there day one DLC characters? How much is it going to cost me all in? 

You earn the in-game currency, Fight Money, by completing single player modes, winning ranked matches online or completing daily challenges (land a certain number of Critical Arts, use V-Reversals, that sort of thing). Each DLC character (one per month starting in March with Alex) can be bought with this in-game currency or with real money.

All DLC which impacts gameplay (mainly characters) will be earnable with fight money. Certain premium cosmetic DLC (like premium costumes) will be paid.

Ah sweet, that's a decent sounding system. Do we know how many months we'll have to toil for to earn the characters without paying the £3 or whatever it is?

1 hour ago, englishbob said:

This really is an "online" only game like Destiny isn't it.
If you don't have a internet enabled PS4, you are screwed because half the game isn't finished yet! 

I think if you don't have an internet enabled PS4 you're screwed whether you buy Street Fighter V or not.

In all likelihood Capcom has rushed the game out before they close the books on the financial year so they can get a good 2million seller marked up in there. The bare-bones single player content (though the implementation of Survival Mode is more interesting than I'd expected with the score multipliers etc) and lack of online spectator mode at launch certainly suggest that. Since they're trying to promote the game a service and push the eSports angle I'd image they'll be keen to continually add content which will draw players back to the game.

That players will be able to return to Street Fighter V a year or two down the line and have access to all the up-to-date content using their same launch day copy is definitely a step in the right direction after how vanilla SFIV was handled. It's just a shame they don't seem to have provided the content to draw new players in to the game in the first place.

1 minute ago, Broker said:

Ah sweet, that's a decent sounding system. Do we know how many months we'll have to toil for to earn the characters without paying the £3 or whatever it is?

Characters cost 100,000 Fight Money. That seems like a lot considering Ranked Match wins only earn you 50 (though you get more each time you "level up" a character). It's not yet known how much the daily challenges will let you earn but beating the brief story mode for every character apparently earns 160,000 in total, so enough for a character and a half.

• Upvote 1

I paid £45 for an imported copy of Garou Mark of the Wolves in 2002 on the Dreamcast (and £45 was a lot for a 17 year old out of work) and that had Arcade, Survival, VS, 12 characters and bugger all else and it was still one of the best gaming purchases I've ever made.

Fighting games don't really need all the fluff, but I won't turn my nose up at all the free content coming down the pipe.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe this is out next week. It's feels like the hype is somewhat muted.

i adore street fighter 4 but I can't even win a single fight with the dualshock 4 sticks.

i did well on the of version with a 360 controller though.

2 hours ago, Spainkiller said:

The Story Mode as it is right now is laughable, btw. Three fights per characters (sometimes four) of one round, interspersed with some (for the series congruent) laughable "plot" elements. Each character's segment lasts about ten minutes at most. The lack of Arcade Mode is a shame, something I never thought I'd say. 

Survival Mode's a bit more interesting, though, with all those upgrades you can trade your points for.

Story mode baffled me because it seems set on very easy difficulty?