joffocakes

Street Fighter V Arcade Edition - Kage (It's Evil Ryu) out now.

Why will it change with SFV if you've not played Ultra? I don't understand. Capcom are going to have a very hard time making a better game than Ultra, and if you don't like Ultra why on earth would think that you're going to like SFV?

Plus Omega mode is due to be released soon which is highly likely to be very similar to SFV. What I'm basically saying is PLAY ULTRA!!

For me the problems with ultra kind of stacked up. My usual group of friends who play had got bored of SFIV in general, plus it's quite a lot of cash for characters I already played in SFxT, plus all the muk games are on 360, plus AE2012 is still very active online, plus those bastards nerfed Cammy. I was planning to grab Ultra eventually and switch to playing that online but instead I'm going to wait for this probably.

I get that you love Ultra, but I think it's also pretty understandable that people who played a lot of SFIV, Super and AE might be more interested in this than ultra.

Anyways, is Chun doing an air combo on Ryu in the trailer? I wonder if this will be the Alpha equivolent (if IV is analogous to II).

• Upvote 1

Why would anyone give a shit? If you want to play Tomb Raider buy an Xbox, if you want to play SFV buy a PS4, if you want to play both buy both.

Would any sane person not prefer to play this over Xbox Live? I don't care either way because I'm away from the game now, but surely network stability would be a huge deciding factor otherwise?

Also, Sith's right, it's going to take them ages to polish this up to Ultra standards. You might as well play that for the next two years instead.

I dunno, I've played plenty of IV's iterations over both networks, there isn't a great deal of difference between the 2 outside of speedier matchmaking over Live. Playing against the wider world of randoms is always a minefield of shit connections anyway, playing with friends on PS3 was fine.

Slightly off topic, but where is the Tekken x Street fighter game that was promised?

SFxT was a mess, I imagine it got shelved.

I just find it weird that it was announced alongside StreetFighter X Tekken, that game was released, and and information on Tekken X Street Fighter has virtually been non existent.

Anyway, sorry for taking the conversation off topic. Back to SFV :)

I dunno, I've played plenty of IV's iterations over both networks, there isn't a great deal of difference between the 2 outside of speedier matchmaking over Live. Playing against the wider world of randoms is always a minefield of shit connections anyway, playing with friends on PS3 was fine.

This. Normally I don't bother when people do their imaginary Xbox Live advantage thing because I don't play online games much and I get that as Sony have matched Microsoft's services there was a need to pretend Live was still better to justify the cost, usually using nebulous "it's just better" stuff like this.

SFIV is the only game I've played tonnes of online on both platforms. It's the same. You get a match slightly quicker on live because there are more people on it, but the actual experience of playing it online is identical.

For me the problems with ultra kind of stacked up. My usual group of friends who play had got bored of SFIV in general, plus it's quite a lot of cash for characters I already played in SFxT, plus all the muk games are on 360, plus AE2012 is still very active online, plus those bastards nerfed Cammy. I was planning to grab Ultra eventually and switch to playing that online but instead I'm going to wait for this probably.

I get that you love Ultra, but I think it's also pretty understandable that people who played a lot of SFIV, Super and AE might be more interested in this than ultra.

Anyways, is Chun doing an air combo on Ryu in the trailer? I wonder if this will be the Alpha equivolent (if IV is analogous to II).

So basically you're saying you don't like Ultra despite not even owning the game? Cammy was nerfed and rightly so, she's still a great character regardless. Ultra is worth playing not just because of the new characters but the addition of red-focus and delayed wake-up added a whole new dimension to the game. With Omega mode soon to be released there is simply NO reason to wait for SFV. Also you do know Ultra has an edition select mode? so you can still play AE Cammy offline if you like.

So basically you're saying you don't like Ultra despite not even owning the game? Cammy was nerfed and rightly so, she's still a great character regardless. Ultra is worth playing not just because of the new characters but the addition of red-focus and delayed wake-up added a whole new dimension to the game. With Omega mode soon to be released there is simply NO reason to wait for SFV. Also you do know Ultra has an edition select mode? so you can still play AE Cammy offline if you like.

I haven't tried it because I don't really have anyone to play with. The fact V is one format and might get my friends interested again makes V a million times more exciting to me, because if my friends don't give a shit I'll have you guys to play with.

There is a reason to wait, if like myself you had to sell you PS3/360 to help fund the purchase of your new console.

There is a reason to wait, if like myself you had to sell you PS3/360 to help fund the purchase of your new console.

Broker is not in that situation, he still has a PS3.

Slightly off topic, but where is the Tekken x Street fighter game that was promised?

I think Harada was going to announce it at Evo. He went up on stage before the SFIV finals and showed a Tekken 7 trailer, which was a bit weird. He later said he'd planned to announce something else but had his hand forced by T7 leaking a couple of days beforehand.

Voice control reversals please. Specifically "I was FUCKING TECHING THAT!" 200 frames after a throw attempt to negate damage.

I'd have been rubbing dicks with JWong and Daigo ages ago if Capcom had got their act together on that one from the start.

• Upvote 7

Broker is not in that situation, he still has a PS3.

FINE, I will buy Ultra and play it alone for the next year. Just when I thought I might manage to skip a SF game for a decent reason. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW???

• Upvote 4

Seems a shame as it's a title that's always been multiformat throughout the various revisions. Less people playing SF is not a good thing.

When you consider It's not exactly a healthy genre to begin with and if this is developed with a restrictive budget then it could be really damaging for the series.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Where did you get this "fact" from? Just the machine specs?

Tool chain, API and it's already being developed with a very similarly designed console in mind.

I wonder how far things will go in regards to platform holders signing up third party exclusives. Microsoft have incredibly deep pockets, while Sony are just about hanging on by a thread (and who knows what the fallout from the SPE hack will be).

Tool chain, API and it's already being developed with a very similarly designed console in mind.

I wonder how far things will go in regards to platform holders signing up third party exclusives. Microsoft have incredibly deep pockets, while Sony are just about hanging on by a thread (and who knows what the fallout from the SPE hack will be).

Xbox is still a black money hole for MS. Android is their money maker in that division.

Seems a shame as it's a title that's always been multiformat throughout the various revisions. Less people playing SF is not a good thing.

When you consider It's not exactly a healthy genre to begin with and if this is developed with a restrictive budget then it could be really damaging for the series.

Alternatively, uniting the fanbase on one network might be the best thing that's ever happened to it. Especially if they can get cross play between PC and PS4 (something Microsoft are resistant to but Sony aren't). One big Street Fighter family. Plus it's a good choice of games because SF fans will buy literally anything related to it. How many of the pissed off bowners would buy a PS4/SFV/TE stick bundle? I'm guessing lots.

• Upvote 2

Again, why do you assume that SFV is a paid for exclusive and not DR3, or any of the other third party exclusives already released? I get the anger over tomb raider but this just seems like a normal third party exclusive, not a moneyhat.

Street Fighter III was only available on the Dreamcast for about half-a-decade.