joffocakes

Street Fighter V Arcade Edition - Kage (It's Evil Ryu) out now.

Whilst I consider SFIV to be one of the best games ever made, I've always maintained that it's exceptionally ugly. I'm just keen to see some character designs in full.

Also, I've got no problem moaning about exclusives on Bone and praising them on PC and PS4, because fuck Microsoft, their horrible machine and their horrible philosophy. I am completely at peace with myself saying that.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

I assume part of the difference in reaction is because this wasn't announced as a multiplatform game first? In that scenario we knew that MS had paid to make a formerly multi game exclusive, whereas here we have no reason to think that Capcom haven't had this as an exclusive from the start. Why are you comparing it to TR rather than something like dead rising 3? A third party exclusive Capcom announced without anyone shitting their pants.

Realistically, the only reason the 360 saw any dev support from Japanese studios last gen was because it did so well in most of the rest of the world. It's not hugely shocking that with the PS4 pulling ahead nearly everywhere they're deciding to fuck the Xbox off, it's what literally everyone in japan has done to the whole xbox brand from day one.

• Upvote 1

I have no idea why most of you even care, Ultra SF4 is an amazing game and is probably the most balanced fighting game of all time and hardly any one in this thread plays the game.

• Upvote 8

Third party exclusives are dumb, except in cases like Bayonetta 2 where the game simply wouldn't exist without the platform holder part-financing and potentially publishing. But they're needed by the platform holders to distinguish their platform from the competition, so what can you do. (Except get a PC, obviously.)

tsd.gif

• Upvote 1

Maybe Capcom couldn't get the Xbone to output at a good enough frame rate for the game to work?

Bastard, I was hoping to be first with a 60fps bone fail reference.

I have no idea why most of you even care, Ultra SF4 is an amazing game and is probably the most balanced fighting game of all time and hardly any one in this thread plays the game.

No way, everyone on rllmuk was playing the original Street Fighter IV when it first came out. For about two weeks admittedly, but still...

I do wonder how many people still have the original fat TE somewhere in their loft after buying it for about £150 on day one.

• Upvote 2

Didn't Sony put out a Streetfighter teaser video around the time of the PS4 launch? That would suggest Sony might have been working with Capcom since the beginning or early on in development and it's less of a case of them moneyhatting a game that was at one stage in development for both systems.

EDIT: Here's the teaser from last year

• Upvote 2

How do you know? Some of us play offline with friends, or can't join in with the muk games because they're on 360, or don't like the ultra edition. Doesn't mean we're not frothing at the groin for this.

• Upvote 4

Some of us are just late.

Why will it change with SFV if you've not played Ultra? I don't understand. Capcom are going to have a very hard time making a better game than Ultra, and if you don't like Ultra why on earth would you think that you're going to like SFV?

Plus Omega mode is due to be released soon which is highly likely to be very similar to SFV. What I'm basically saying is PLAY ULTRA!!

• Upvote 1

I'm aware that they're buddies but I just didn't 'get it' as a joke. I read it that it was an oops that the trailer leaked or something or another, or an oops in regards to the exclusivity.

Never mind and apologies for being a thicky.

Would any sane person not prefer to play this over Xbox Live? I don't care either way because I'm away from the game now, but surely network stability would be a huge deciding factor otherwise?

Also, Sith's right, it's going to take them ages to polish this up to Ultra standards. You might as well play that for the next two years instead.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1