joffocakes

Street Fighter V Arcade Edition - Kage (It's Evil Ryu) out now.

Nice bit of hypocracy here from some. It's OK for Sony to sign up exclusive 3rd party (sequel to popular multi format) title *because tenuous flimsy excuse*. lol

SFV was never previously touted on Xbox One, SF4 hasn't been remastered for Xbox One, Tomb Raider was announced for PS4, Microsoft then paid for timed exclusivity, just denying a load of people a chance to play the sequel to a game they played/have on their next gen console.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

SFV was never previously touted on Xbox One, SF4 hasn't been remastered for Xbox One, Tomb Raider was announced for PS4, Microsoft then paid for timed exclusivity, just denying a load of people a chance to play the sequel to a game they played/have on their next gen console.

Tenuous flimsy excuse. Says Layte.

Nice bit of hypocracy here from some. It's OK for Sony to sign up exclusive 3rd party (sequel to popular multi format) title *because tenuous flimsy excuse*. lol

Was there a genuine outrage for tomb raider? I never read the thread

Also think logically about numbers mate. Most people have PS4s when tr was announced. A PS4 exclusive is going to cater for more people here hence less outcry at a ps4 exclusive.

Also Japanese developed games going to the PS4 first? Happened quite a bit on the PS3 too.

Also it is at least on pc. Any console exclusive should have pc too. If you buy a bone or ps4 be prepared that there will be exclusives regardless of the franchise history

First party exclusives sell your system and should be celebrated, third party exclusives are a horrible waste of money.

With the former you are investing in a game that otherwise wouldn't exist to sell your system.

With the latter you are investing money in witholding a game that does exist from people (once its been developed and you figure it is decent).*

I've a PS4 and have no intention of getting a Bone after MS's treatment of its customers, but it's frustrating if sony have paid for exclusivity when they could have spent that money on an indie study to make some gem instead.

* Which is why Bayonetta 2 doesn't count. That was Nintendo bankrolling a game that wouldn't've otherwise been made.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't the whole Tomb Raider / MS thing just laughed at mainly anyhow? Something about it not being an outright system seller so seems to be a waste of cash for no real reason.

Also think logically about numbers mate. Most people have PS4s when tr was announced. A PS4 exclusive is going to cater for more people here hence less outcry at a ps4 exclusive.

No shit? It's people coming up with disingenuous explanations that he's reacting to. Everyone knows the real reason, so why the need for bullshitting?

It's pretty obvious that someone who was disgusted by third party exclusives in general isn't suddenly cheering because of the loophole of new version versus old.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I wouldn't say it's a waste of cash - at least now the Xbox One has an answer to Uncharted.

I think it's pretty obvious that this is a bit different to the Tomb Raider situation. I don't think it needs a third person explaining why though, especially when the first two explanations have been largely ignored so far :D

• Downvote 1

I wouldn't say it's a waste of cash - at least now the Xbox One has an answer to Uncharted.

I think it's pretty obvious that this is a bit different to the Tomb Raider situation. I don't think it needs a third person explaining why though, especially when the first two explanations have been largely ignored so far :D

I'll just shut up then and go back under my rock.

I am shit at fighting games, so I don't even know why I am excited by a new Street Fighter. I do this every bloody time.

I'm sorry that this leaked early, tbh. Imagine the reaction if this trailer was shown for the first time at the Sony Experience press conference, we would have had a proper glory-days-of-E3 'moment'. :(

I'm sorry that this leaked early, tbh. Imagine the reaction if this trailer was shown for the first time at the Sony Experience press conference, we would have had a proper glory-days-of-E3 'moment'. :(

I dunno. Remember when SFIV was first being shown and everyone was all 'ugh! why are their feet so big? ugh 3D! looks rubbish' etc.

More Street Fighter is always a good thing, although everyone knows the real next Street Fighter game is the forthcoming Ultra SFIV update with Omega Mode. :P

A brand new numbered entry in the series is an interesting move though - SFIV helped bring fighters back to the masses (although Evo Moment #37 arguably had a hand in it too) and since then a number of fighting game franchises have been revived and are being updated with bits and pieces, so V will more than likely find itself in a busy genre again. Still, if it means we get sweet new sticks and six-button controllers for PS4 I'm all for it. :D

I dunno. Remember when SFIV was first being shown and everyone was all 'ugh! why are their feet so big? ugh 3D! looks rubbish' etc.

When I first saw Street Fighter IV, I came.

ulzfpq.gif

Seems like a pointless arrangement to me. It's not like Capcom weren't already making SFV given the huge success of its predecessor; if they'd worked with Sony to bring back Powerstone or something then I'd be fine with it.

I don't care what console its on as long as someone releases a pad with a better D-PAD than the Dualshock 4 has. Anywhere else I can watch the video?

• Downvote 1

You really think Capcom had no bone version in the works? Especially with a PC version existing. Porting from PC to bone would be a matter of fuck all effort. At the moment this is even more underhand as it does not appear to be a timed exclusive. So Sony are dicking over millions of bone only gamers, but that's ok, when it's MS doing so, the very same people who have no problem with this suddenly lose their shit.

• Upvote 5