Jump to content

Another ZX Spectrum device indiegogo fundraiser


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Lee Fogarty is now saying the launch date is July.... more delays

But how would he know ? He says he does not work for them...:huh:;)

 

Still, they have said that the release will be "...after the 20th February" so they will now say they havent lied!

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was following the link up until

 

Quote

In November, the Chancery Division court ruled against RCL.

 

 

15 minutes ago, deKay said:

Delay is probably to get rid of all the dead pixels.

 

Screen_170320_111528.png.4a866fb81be0b04035d115a81b48311f.png

 

From today's new video:

 

 

 

I like all the button presses where nothing happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely the launch for the announcement of a series of social media posts that get the World ready for AMAZING news of a future release of the video (after it's been uploaded from a phone had the 'Hollywood touch' and been ground into small parts that ultimately show nothing everything at its finest)?!

 

[Date to be delayed confirmed.]

 

Spoiler

It's been awful only occasionally bumping into the events and behaviour in Speccy groups that you guys have outlined in this thread – a great shame given what could have been a wonderful, if small-scale return of a key and emotive name in computer and gaming history.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, f. grimes said:

Surely the launch for the announcement of a series of social media posts that get the World ready for AMAZING news of a future release of the video (after it's been uploaded from a phone had the 'Hollywood touch' and been ground into small parts that ultimately show nothing everything at its finest)?!

 

[Date to be delayed confirmed.]

 

  Hide contents

It's been awful only occasionally bumping into the events and behaviour in Speccy groups that you guys have outlined in this thread – a great shame given what could have been a wonderful, if small-scale return of a key and emotive name in computer and gaming history.

 

 

I wouldn't worry too much, the Spectrum Next is going to blow this joke out of the water.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Lee Fogarty is now saying the launch date is July.... more delays

 

That would be knuckle suckingly embarrassing if true. What possible reason could they give after all the delays. I'd consider the project sunk if they announce that, the resulting fury from backers will be atomic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mentazm said:

The video very specifically doesn't show it booting from scratch or the button presses doing anything. They are running videos.

 

My thoughts exactly. It's a video!

 

thats why the key presses need several attempts, as the "user" mistimed them to the video playback, and blamed it on fingernails.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vimster said:

What's so bloody hard about showing a video of a piece of hardware booting up, playing a game and moving around some menus? Breathtaking.

 

It's very hard if they haven't actually been able to get it to do that yet :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vimster said:

What's so bloody hard about showing a video of a piece of hardware booting up, playing a game and moving around some menus? Breathtaking.

 

Just think how hard it is to sync that same old video of Horace goes skiing to the keypresses each time!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone on the Facebook group has pointed out that the boxes shown in the Vega+ videos look suspiciously like the boxes that the original Vega came in, with the aperture roughly enlarged (as with a craft knife or similar) because the Vega+ is a bit bigger.

 

IMG_7883.thumb.JPG.9ad9aad5e3937d6e825533a964460691.JPG

IMG_7884.JPG.14d31c967d22564297cbce8534f2762a.JPG

IMG_7885.JPG.c83f05cadc41a6abb3762e7a7ea5169f.JPG

 

They've even got the same cutout for the Vega's cabling, although they've turned the boxes through 180 degrees in the hope no one would notice.

 

I'm glad I don't have any stake in this beyond detached interest (and limited interest at that, as I had an Amstrad in those days and never owned a Spectrum).

 

I'd hate to be one of the backers as it really does seem like they are getting lied to left, right and centre.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

They've even got the same cutout for the Vega's cabling, although they've turned the boxes through 180 degrees in the hope no one would notice.

 

I'm glad I don't have any stake in this beyond detached interest (and limited interest at that, as I had an Amstrad in those days and never owned a Spectrum).

 

I'd hate to be one of the backers as it really does seem like they are getting lied to left, right and centre.

 

 

Busted yet again.

 

Its amazing how they think they can get away with all this!  513,325 pounds.

 

FIVE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN THOUSAND, THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE POUNDS.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's quite clear RCL can only be either shysters or are completely clueless with regards to how to do this sort of thing.

 

The latter is the best that can be hoped for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

Someone on the Facebook group has pointed out that the boxes shown in the Vega+ videos look suspiciously like the boxes that the original Vega came in, with the aperture roughly enlarged (as with a craft knife or similar) because the Vega+ is a bit bigger.

 
 

 

I'd seen it mentioned when the image first appeared, but hadn't bothered checking to see if it was the case or not. Now I'm looking for indescrepencies I can see the cut out in the top left is off-centre and looks different from the one on the right when the cable cut-out is in the same position. If it was to believed to be a production-produced box the cut-out would obviously be in the same position. Fucking fraudsters.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.