rllmuk
SeanR

Another ZX Spectrum device indiegogo fundraiser

Is Indiegogo UK just a shell for UK trading that they could live without so they're letting it die?

I assume IGG is in no danger, can't find any bad news about them.

42 minutes ago, cubik said:

Is Indiegogo UK just a shell for UK trading that they could live without so they're letting it die?

I assume IGG is in no danger, can't find any bad news about them.

All IGG campaign prices are now in dollars. They’re retreating to the US where they’re safe. 

I think maybe UK law wasn’t... favourable to their methodology.

52 minutes ago, SeanR said:

All IGG campaign prices are now in dollars. They’re retreating to the US where they’re safe. 

I think maybe UK law wasn’t... favourable to their methodology.

What a shower of shit. This was the company who publicly claimed that they'd do something about the Vega+ campaign funds and then did absolutely fuck all.

This whole campaign has been a clusterfuck from the start, for all involved parties (except the backers of course).

IGG must have been skirting round legality in so many territories over the years, but once again, it shows that those responsible for a mess will usually piss of and leave it for someone else to clean up. I'll certainly never give them any of my money.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, cubik said:

IGG must have been skirting round legality in so many territories over the years, but once again, it shows that those responsible for a mess will usually piss of and leave it for someone else to clean up. I'll certainly never give them any of my money.

Did it once, never again.  Did get the product I backed but won't be doing any kickstarters in a hurry.  Just not worth it.

I've backed a few things but usually books or music, not the Vega+ (even though I'm quite vocal about it I have no financial interest in it).

I've never had any issues, but I've always been limited to £20ish so it's worth a gamble.

Some of the things I see on Kickstarter and IGG are just bonkers. Either totally unfeasible or just reinventing the wheel, there's so many variations on airpods for example that people will throw money at, or this thing:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gravastar-crazy-cool-speaker-with-ultimate-sound#/

$200 for a 90s action movie robot looking bluetooth speaker that is pretty much guaranteed to sound worse than a normal looking one for £50.